Pages:
Author

Topic: (ANN) Netcoin has gone POS! With PIR & OWI - page 18. (Read 142149 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021
September 18, 2016, 05:44:34 PM
Hey all im really sorry you encounter all these issues and i apologize for that and to be honest im not really sure why some have this issue. Also hoped to reproduce it but i haven't so far and staking with 19m. That kinda sucks because i can't debug it myself or look for a solution.

Also i know i failed to bring the news out earlier but to be honest i was really struggeling to release the update or not after update 2.4 because of the forks and when i decided to go for it in all the hectic i forgot this thread.

already tested everything, just too many 2.3.1 yet, and presstab, i hope they'll soon update, nothing to worry
too little Führers of Cryptopia may j*** off until xmas, let them be happy

I knew the old connections would be a problem as it will take a long time before all the people have updated. There was even a 2.3.0 wallet running. I thought about it to bump the peer proto version aswell but wasn't really sure on that so i didn't which was perhaps another error on my side. Presstab is contacted but it seems he has issues syncing aswell.

already tested everything, just too many 2.3.1 yet, and presstab, i hope they'll soon update, nothing to worry

i don't understand that last part... fuhrers of cryptopia may jerk off? let them be happy? what do you mean

They are butthurt cause out NET wallet forked on 2.5, and now they think abusing us will fix it overnight.

It was meant to fork on 2.5 i thought though.. so isn't that normal behavior. Or do you mean it didn't stay on correct chain?

Our 2.5 went off on its own fork (twice), we are resyncing now and battling the abusive support tickets from NET users, never a dull moment.

Again sorry for all the inconvenience that it has caused you but yes there where 2 forks in this update actually 3 if you count the PoW reward change on block 1296010. The first was with the PoW and the second was probably on block 1300000 or a few after. On that block a signature check became active but that should be the last one

Will bumping the peer proto version be a softfork change? I think we need to knock that stuff out ignoring old peers.
legendary
September 18, 2016, 05:31:54 PM
I'm embarrassed now... Embarrassed

Should have tried that!

It worked!

Happy camper here  Grin

Bingo... worked for me too. I was looking too deep. Windows 10 or windows 10 with anniversary update is the crash issue. Mine was crashing with 20,000 coins as well. It just staked. I'll test my main wallet now.

100% confirmed my old wallet.dat staked fine running compatiability mode.

Need to get the wallet updated to work with windows 10.

Let me know when thats done Arjan to test and i'll send you some netcoin for your time. Until then i'll run in compat mode.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
September 18, 2016, 04:40:25 PM
I'm embarrassed now... Embarrassed

Should have tried that!

It worked!

Happy camper here  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
September 18, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
can you confirm that when stake occured (tried to) you were on the bittrex chain ?

I have to be because I sent all my coin there, created a new wallet, new address, and sent all my coins back to my wallet.

bloody hell, i tried to fuck up my wallet to no success, it doesn't crash or anything alike, but it's on W7-64

Is it staking properly? Lucky you!  Grin

Hmm,
if staking is working for someone on windows 7 and you are on windows 10.

Try manually setting your windows compatibility mode for netcoin to windows 7 and see if it still crashes.
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

Cool
legendary
September 18, 2016, 01:42:13 PM
can you confirm that when stake occured (tried to) you were on the bittrex chain ?

I have to be because I sent all my coin there, created a new wallet, new address, and sent all my coins back to my wallet.

bloody hell, i tried to fuck up my wallet to no success, it doesn't crash or anything alike, but it's on W7-64

Is it staking properly? Lucky you!  Grin
legendary
September 18, 2016, 01:35:12 PM

m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
September 18, 2016, 12:56:18 PM
hello , is there a bootstrape for this wallet , 2.5 is sync from 3 years ago , damn
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 18, 2016, 11:03:14 AM
Back to the previous situation  Angry

As soon as I unlock the wallet, it crashes because it tries to stake.

This has nothing to do with the wallet.dat file because I created a new one.

If this has to do with the size of my chunk of coins, it has to be fixed immediately.

It doesn't make sense to split my stash in thousands of small blocks.  Huh

The 2.4 wallet was working like a charm...   Angry

Im trying to find out a solution for the issue as soon as possible and if it's caused by the size i not really understand why i stake with 19m and someone else with like 200k can't.

I know the v2.4 wallet was working well but not much has changed since v2.3.1 so the code was very old still and the core really had the need for a upgrade.
legendary
September 18, 2016, 09:43:59 AM
Windows error:

legendary
September 18, 2016, 09:40:30 AM
Back to the previous situation  Angry

As soon as I unlock the wallet, it crashes because it tries to stake.

This has nothing to do with the wallet.dat file because I created a new one.

If this has to do with the size of my chunk of coins, it has to be fixed immediately.

It doesn't make sense to split my stash in thousands of small blocks.  Huh

The 2.4 wallet was working like a charm...   Angry
legendary
September 18, 2016, 09:33:19 AM
And after 6 hours, the wallet tried tried to stake and.....crashed!

Nice... really nice!
legendary
September 18, 2016, 09:29:37 AM
6 hours, no stake  Angry

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
September 18, 2016, 08:55:30 AM
Hey all im really sorry you encounter all these issues and i apologize for that and to be honest im not really sure why some have this issue. Also hoped to reproduce it but i haven't so far and staking with 19m. That kinda sucks because i can't debug it myself or look for a solution.

Also i know i failed to bring the news out earlier but to be honest i was really struggeling to release the update or not after update 2.4 because of the forks and when i decided to go for it in all the hectic i forgot this thread.

I knew the old connections would be a problem as it will take a long time before all the people have updated. There was even a 2.3.0 wallet running. I thought about it to bump the peer proto version aswell but wasn't really sure on that so i didn't which was perhaps another error on my side. Presstab is contacted but it seems he has issues syncing aswell.

i don't understand that last part... fuhrers of cryptopia may jerk off? let them be happy? what do you mean

They are butthurt cause out NET wallet forked on 2.5, and now they think abusing us will fix it overnight.

It was meant to fork on 2.5 i thought though.. so isn't that normal behavior. Or do you mean it didn't stay on correct chain?

Our 2.5 went off on its own fork (twice), we are resyncing now and battling the abusive support tickets from NET users, never a dull moment.

Again sorry for all the inconvenience that it has caused you but yes there where 2 forks in this update actually 3 if you count the PoW reward change on block 1296010. The first was with the PoW and the second was probably on block 1300000 or a few after. On that block a signature check became active but that should be the last one
legendary
September 18, 2016, 08:01:59 AM
It has been like this for the last 5 hours...

New wallet, new address, nothing works!

With all due respect to the dev but... this 2.5 wallet sucks!
legendary
September 18, 2016, 07:55:39 AM
2.4 generated stakes are not accepted... ok, after all this is a hard fork!

But why is my 2.5 wallet still refusing to stake and crashing as soon as I unlock it?

Any ideas?

Mine is doing the same and Arjan the coder is looking into it. I've been pm'ing him. It happens for a few people. Maybe we can gather some info.

1. What operating system are you using?
2. How many inputs in each of your addresses
3. How many coins in the largest input?

At present i am resyncing the blockchain from only 2.5 nodes and i am going to try a stake after backing it up at that point. If this fails im going to try and import the priv key. If this fails arjan is going to send me 20,000 netcoin to a new wallet.dat address to see if this works.

Its working for the majority there must be some small thing causing us issues.

Reading your post gave me an idea...

I sent all my coins to another address and that was enough to be able to unlock it, not only to send the coins but also to stake!

Let's see if really works and produces some valid stakes.

Fingers crossed! Grin

Unfortunately, my little trick didn't work... The wallet will stay unlocked for a few seconds but it'll crash as soon as it tries to stake  Angry

Therefore, I tried another trick; sent all my coins to Bittrex, deleted my wallet.dat, created a new wallet and sent the coins to my new address.

Everything appears to be in order but I'm still waiting for my first 2.5 stake  Sad and it's been 4 hours now...  Huh

1. What operating system are you using? Win10x64
2. How many inputs in each of your addresses All my coins in a single block
3. How many coins in the largest input? Over 4 million

ok thanks for update. arjan sent me 20,000 coins. i have them in 1 input ready to stake in 5 hours though bed soon so will try in 10 hours.

just out of curiosity im starting to think that stake issues are large inputs. bittrex isnt staking to my knowledge so wallet likely fine as just send and receives. i bet there is some wallet change code using int data types or the like associated with stake routine that crashes it. the issue will be before stake called.

If you are keen to troubleshoot with me more try having 4 addresses in each put

export the priv keys make sure to backup. import each of those addresses into a new wallet and test stake each one. i suspect the 1 million input stake to crash.

need to test each address in its own wallet so others dont stake as well.
legendary
September 18, 2016, 07:06:21 AM

But why is my 2.5 wallet still refusing to stake and crashing as soon as I unlock it?

Any ideas?

Mine is doing the same and Arjan the coder is looking into it. I've been pm'ing him. It happens for a few people. Maybe we can gather some info.

At present i am resyncing the blockchain from only 2.5 nodes and i am going to try a stake after backing it up at that point. If this fails im going to try and import the priv key. If this fails arjan is going to send me 20,000 netcoin to a new wallet.dat address to see if this works.

I sent all my coins to another address and that was enough to be able to unlock it, not only to send the coins but also to stake!

Fingers crossed! Grin

Unfortunately, my little trick didn't work... The wallet will stay unlocked for a few seconds but it'll crash as soon as it tries to stake  Angry

Therefore, I tried another trick; sent all my coins to Bittrex, deleted my wallet.dat, created a new wallet and sent the coins to my new address.

Everything appears to be in order but I'm still waiting for my first 2.5 stake  Sad and it's been 4 hours now...  Huh

1. What operating system are you using? Win10x64
2. How many inputs in each of your addresses All my coins in a single block
3. How many coins in the largest input? Over 4 million

legendary
September 18, 2016, 06:01:35 AM

Any ideas?

Fingers crossed! Grin

Ok fresh sync with only 2.5 nodes in my connect list still crashes with both old wallet.dat and importing priv key and stake.

Can you confirm you've had good stakes ever since sending coins to new address? Did you try and send back to your original address? Its the only common thing i can see now.

Can you confirm what your input size on stake was? I have one that is > 10 million coins so im hoping its not the issue with input size. Could be something simple in the wallet code breaking due to out of bounds size?
legendary
September 18, 2016, 12:32:51 AM

I can understand. The fork was rather rushed and sudden so it needs to be spread around a bit. Unfortunately crypto dev stuff is taken as a given but like i explained when there is no ico or premine its rather hard to place the blame on a team. Everyone wants profits i can see but im amazed that the community doesn't get more onboard with all altcoins they have in the way of actually providing a use mechanism in shops etc or private projects.

A lot of coins would have more use than btc converters if that was the case.

Its why i suggested some donations happen it could provide more value and attract devs. O well.

How did your 2.5 go off on its own fork? I thought if consensus had enough 2.5 that shouldn't happen? What can cause the fork?

Why are you getting so much net user abuse in emails? The volume on bittrex is like 0.5btc a day and cryptopia lower... i'm unsure why there would be so much anger when the likelihood is most of your users have a netcoin usd equivilant of like $5
Activity: 355
Merit: 250
September 18, 2016, 12:22:26 AM

legendary
September 18, 2016, 12:16:15 AM

Pages:
Jump to: