Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] New Crypto Currency FRANKO [w/ OPENSOURCE FRK ATM!][NEW WEBSITE Design] - page 47. (Read 233954 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Activity: 223
Merit: 250
Thank you very much ill add it to the OP!

Thanks! That's awesome!
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Added a Franko mining pool to BitRaise.me

Would appreciate any feedback Smiley

Thank you very much ill add it to the OP!
Activity: 223
Merit: 250
Added a Franko mining pool to BitRaise.me

Would appreciate any feedback Smiley
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
What i'm going to do is add some more checkpoints to the right chain and bump the protocol number, then on the dns seeders only relay updated nodes.
This can really help , but you need to do publicly and advertise in the subject, and twitter in the forum.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
What i'm going to do is add some more checkpoints to the right chain and bump the protocol number, then on the dns seeders only relay updated nodes.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Is it a good idea to hold on? Or is it better to just sell my coins while this ship is sinking?

Well it wouldnt be smart to sell while its at the all time low Tongue
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Well i'm to the point now where I feel like i'm the only one doing ALL the work and its been that way for about a year now. Everyone wants to say community this and community that but no one else is really contributing but EVERYONE wants to benefit.

You want the wallet to stop freezing? Help me locate and notify any pool that is on the wrong chain. Because the longer chain that is being mined by someone who still hasnt updated will never be the right chain. Ever and they are just wasting their electricity. If they refuse to stop mining it then it has to be considered an attack on the network and delt with accordingly. As in blocking all the nodes who havnt updated yet. The newest client is the right chain. The longer chain is the wrong chain. Its the wrong change because its invalid with the new client. So, again, tell a friend to update. Thats really the only thing that can be done.

On the other hand, a new wallet design is being worked on. Follow me on twitter.com/frankocurrecy im pretty active there.

My wallet continued automatically after about 37 hours. I only entered the nodes you supplied (to be sure to connect to the correct chain). Today I also updated the client software.

I think we should search the block chains available, determine the correct one en direct miners and clients to the correct chain. But how do you get people connected to the right chain?

I had the same problem with two wallets of Franko on different computers, I did delete everything in the "%APPDATA%\Franko" dir except the wallet.dat of course. I added this addnodes to conf:

addnode=107.170.113.37:37331
addnode=54.236.122.39
addnode=54.211.32.76
addnode=54.238.140.199

They both synced up after some hours, and they are 100% oki now on the right blockchain. Hope that helps someone.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Well i'm to the point now where I feel like i'm the only one doing ALL the work and its been that way for about a year now. Everyone wants to say community this and community that but no one else is really contributing but EVERYONE wants to benefit.

You want the wallet to stop freezing? Help me locate and notify any pool that is on the wrong chain. Because the longer chain that is being mined by someone who still hasnt updated will never be the right chain. Ever and they are just wasting their electricity. If they refuse to stop mining it then it has to be considered an attack on the network and delt with accordingly. As in blocking all the nodes who havnt updated yet. The newest client is the right chain. The longer chain is the wrong chain. Its the wrong change because its invalid with the new client. So, again, tell a friend to update. Thats really the only thing that can be done.

On the other hand, a new wallet design is being worked on. Follow me on twitter.com/frankocurrecy im pretty active there.

My wallet continued automatically after about 37 hours. I only entered the nodes you supplied (to be sure to connect to the correct chain). Today I also updated the client software.

I think we should search the block chains available, determine the correct one en direct miners and clients to the correct chain. But how do you get people connected to the right chain?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Dreamwatcher is giving you a great and pleasant advice: take some time off and go to the beach. The sun will color your skin and meanwhile the sea wind will blow some of the worries out of your head. Your frustration about having to do everything yourself is also a serious concern: Franko is practically a one-man-band. But frustration can also be a great drive towards improvements and innovation. But first of all my regards for all the effort you put into Franko so far. Without your effort there would be no Franko.

Multiple block chains?
I updated my client to the latest version. Shortly after you published them i replaced my list of nodes with the nodes you supplied. But reading your posts I felt an increasing concern regarding the stability and trustworthiness of the Franko network. First of all: people who are mining solo do not need a wallet to mine. So they will probably not be available as a node in the network and not provide any 'network mass'. Personally I like to mine solo, so I am a node as well. But .... my stack is connected to the internet both by IPv4 and IPv6. Those are two discrete internets. I think it is perfectly feasible to have two operational block chains that differ from each other. One in each IP domain. Only by means of a gateway they can be synchronized. Since we do only have a limited amount of Franko miners - especially solo miners or permanent nodes - the changes of doubling (or even having multiple instances) of the Franko block chain are not imaginary. I think we need a bridge or gateway to sync both the IPv4 and IPv6 block chain. I don't know how the Franko client deals with both IP stacks. Does it synchronize both networks with the same instance?

Addition
Rethinking it all: every coin has (must have) two block chains. One in each IP domain. They should be identical. It can be the same block chain if a client synchronizes with both internets simultaneously. But clients with an IP address in only one of both domains will never be able to sync (with) clients in the other domain. So the trick is to keep both domains attached and synchronized.

The list with nodes you supplied contains only IPv4 address not guiding IPv6 clients towards the correct block chain.
legendary
Franko is Freedom
coinwarz lists the franko network hashrate as 119 mh/s

is this correct?

that means there are maybe 50 people mining this coin on earth??

and did i just read these last few posts correctly?Huh franko wasn't working for 30 plus hours and nobody noticed....

It was working just the main miners were a couple multipools who were using an old client which caused an invalid block. They however still havnt got the memo that they are on the wrong chain even after i have sent them countless messages and emails. -,-
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
coinwarz lists the franko network hashrate as 119 mh/s

is this correct?

that means there are maybe 50 people mining this coin on earth??

and did i just read these last few posts correctly?Huh franko wasn't working for 30 plus hours and nobody noticed....
legendary
Franko is Freedom
Defaced, you may want to rethink your last couple of posts.

I understand your frustration. My efforts with the explorers were in obscurity and for the most part not only unpaid but I was paying the bills. I am under added pressure with the new exchange project (I am writing from scratch) and developing for 4 coins. I do not blame the communities and I know there are people working on things that I may not be aware of because of the work I have taken on.
Try to find some time to shut off the responsibilities here, and do something you enjoy. Clear your head. I believe when you come back here, you will have a different outlook then you do now.

Most here cannot read C++ let alone solve coding issues. Most do not have the understanding of how a block chain P2P system works on the level needed to figure out forked chains and where they are coming from.

Anybody who works in this field that does not appeal directly to peoples greed have a tendency to be taken for granted. That is just the way it is here and outside the crypto coin world.

To the Franko community, just let Defaced blow off some steam and do not hold it against him. Development in the crypto can be a hard and thankless job, especially if one truly cares about the projects he/she is working with.

Everybody take a deep breath, go do something else for a bit, Franko will be here when you come back.

You are completely right and i'm terribly sorry for venting my frustration openly. You have been extremely helpful since the very beginning also.
To anyone ive offended i'm sorry I regret being so hostile. I really dont want anyone to leave even if you only have 2 FRK. I think ill take your advice and go to the beach tomorrow, Im positive the irritability is from my lack of vitamin d.
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
I own FRKcoin.org and will let it go for .5 btc worth of Frankos, Bitcoin, Litecoin or CinniCoin.

PM me if interested.

Cheers,

J
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Defaced, you may want to rethink your last couple of posts.

I understand your frustration. My efforts with the explorers were in obscurity and for the most part not only unpaid but I was paying the bills. I am under added pressure with the new exchange project (I am writing from scratch) and developing for 4 coins. I do not blame the communities and I know there are people working on things that I may not be aware of because of the work I have taken on.
Try to find some time to shut off the responsibilities here, and do something you enjoy. Clear your head. I believe when you come back here, you will have a different outlook then you do now.

Most here cannot read C++ let alone solve coding issues. Most do not have the understanding of how a block chain P2P system works on the level needed to figure out forked chains and where they are coming from.

Anybody who works in this field that does not appeal directly to peoples greed have a tendency to be taken for granted. That is just the way it is here and outside the crypto coin world.

To the Franko community, just let Defaced blow off some steam and do not hold it against him. Development in the crypto can be a hard and thankless job, especially if one truly cares about the projects he/she is working with.

Everybody take a deep breath, go do something else for a bit, Franko will be here when you come back.

legendary
Franko is Freedom
The only exception to my previous message is Spiry Golden. He is an extremely hard worker.
Pages:
Jump to: