Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEW FuelCoin - FC2 Re-Distribution x11/pos 2% interest - page 25. (Read 108123 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
UseCryptos disabled FuelCoin Wallet due to multiple forks.
The wallet used there is v1.0.0.1.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Bittrex was shut down as per our request. We will be issuing a press release tonight with details on the direction we will go to solve this solution and prevent it from happening again.

Most importantly - need to get a block explorer up and running that is on the new wallet, and can be used as the authoritative source for the current network block height.  Right now, no one knows what block FUEL is supposed to be on, so there is no way to tell who is forked and who isn't.

My wallet says current network block height is 227044 but still reports out of sync, probably because of that number being far, far behind from where we should be right now, and no one is mining to find new blocks.  If block 227044 was mined 24 hrs ago, we should be on block 228600 or so by now.

Activity: 296
Bittrex was shut down as per our request. We will be issuing a press release tonight with details on the direction we will go to solve this solution and prevent it from happening again.

One way used by other coins to prevent similar issues is to have a test in the wallet that disconnect old versions that try to sync.
One with old version simply will not be able to connect with others and so they need to update the client.

Maybe with a fork in progress the code should had to test if wallet is old and block<227000 it is allowed, but if block>=22700 it will be disconnected from the network.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I have the two PC wallets that are stopped at block 227043.

Pool too is blocked at the same level, but daemon is stopped.
I will start it if this can help other to sync, hoping I'm in the good chain.
Use Fuelcoin-src https://github.com/fuelcoindev/fuelcoincode

It seems that too many clients are still on the old version and some miners may have stopped the correct fork from taking over if they were on the wrong one.  We would recommend loading your miners on the p2p pool as we know this one is on the correct fork and try to get the coins back on track.  There will be thousands of lost coins in this process but it will stabilize the network if successful. 

On another note we already have a backup plan in progress to fix everything as a safety net. Just make sure to follow @FuelCoinNEWS and @altcointoday on twitter.

I disagree, simply mining at a pool running the correct wallet will not make the network fix itself.  There are not enough nodes on the network running v1.0.0.1.  For example, all of the nodes listed in the OP are either offline or running v0.8.8, with the exception of 98.174.25.28 which is me and I can't get that node to sync past block 226999.  The seed nodes in the wallet are also running v0.8.8 so it's impossible to prevent from connecting to old nodes.

As far as I can tell Bittrex is also on the old wallet, I was not able to receive a withdrawal from them yesterday, and now they have a message on the FUEL market stating the wallet is shutdown.

Even the block explorer at http://blockexperts.com/fuel is still showing v0.8.8 which is even more confusing, since this is normally considered the authoritative source for current block height and version.  The block explorer listed in the OP (https://usecryptos.com/blockexplorer/FUEL) doesn't work.

We need a new list of nodes that are verified to be running on the correct version.

To get the wallet to compile, this is what I had to do:

1.  Copy the contents of /src/leveldb to /fuelcoin-src/src/leveldb to replace missing files
2.  Change permissions:
Code:
cd fuelcoin-src/src/leveldb
sudo chmod +755 build_detect_platform
3.  Compile leveldb separately:
Code:
cd fuelcoin-src/src/leveldb
wget https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/raw/master/src/leveldb/Makefile
make
make libmemenv.a
4.  Finally, compile FuelCoin:
Code:
cd fuelcoin-src/src
make -f makefile.unix
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
so is fuel still on 2 different forks or have the devs fixed it... if so is there a new wallet..
You have to compile the one inside:

FuelCoinCode/fuelcoin-src/src/

of this github: https://github.com/FuelCoinDev/FuelCoinCode

not coimpile the one inside src of the root level
Activity: 27
Code:
eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src# make -f makefile.unix clean
rm -f FuelCoind test_FuelCoin
rm -f obj/*.o
rm -f obj-test/*.o
rm -f obj/*.P
rm -f obj-test/*.P
rm -f obj/build.h
cd leveldb && make clean || true
find: `.//util': No such file or directory
find: `.//table': No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb'
rm -f db_bench leveldbutil arena_test bloom_test c_test cache_test coding_test corruption_test crc32c_test db_test dbformat_test env_test filename_test filter_block_test log_test memenv_test skiplist_test table_test version_edit_test version_set_test write_batch_test db_bench_sqlite3 db_bench_tree_db libleveldb.a libleveldb.so libleveldb.so.1 libleveldb.so.1.9 libmemenv.a */*.o */*/*.o ios-x86/*/*.o ios-arm/*/*.o build_config.mk
rm -rf ios-x86/* ios-arm/*
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb'
root@eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src# make -j2 -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
Building LevelDB ...
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
In file included from db/builder.cc:5:0:
./db/builder.h:8:28: fatal error: leveldb/status.h: No such file or directory
 #include "leveldb/status.h"
                            ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [db/builder.o] Error 1
make: *** [leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Still doesn't work.
Code:
chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform

After this you have to make a clean and restart compilation again from 0, otherwise the script is not executed and produces other errors.
Activity: 27
How hard is it to upload the source on github that compiles without a million errors?

Code:
eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet# git clone https://github.com/FuelCoinDev/FuelCoinCode.git
Cloning into 'FuelCoinCode'...
remote: Counting objects: 615, done.
remote: Total 615 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
Receiving objects: 100% (615/615), 6.83 MiB | 1.50 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (77/77), done.
Checking connectivity... done

eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet# cd FuelCoinCode/src/
root@eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src# make -j2 -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
Building LevelDB ...
/bin/sh: 1: ./build_detect_platform: Permission denied
Makefile:18: build_config.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `build_config.mk'.  Stop.

Code:
eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src# chmod +x leveldb/build_detect_platform

Code:
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
Building LevelDB ...
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/include -I/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
In file included from db/builder.cc:5:0:
./db/builder.h:8:28: fatal error: leveldb/status.h: No such file or directory
 #include "leveldb/status.h"
                            ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [db/builder.o] Error 1
alert.cpp:260:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/alert.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1
root@eu1:/home/fuelcoinwallet/FuelCoinCode/src#

Okay where is the util and the table directory in leveldb?
Where is the status.h file?

is there a list of nodes that are in correct chain to use for the daemon?

If I start daemon in pool it still find nodes with old version and so it stops download the blocks.

Agreed, I am having a hard time finding nodes on the new version.  The nodes listed in the OP are no good - all running old wallet.  Also appears the seed nodes from the wallet itself are not all updated.
brand new
Activity: 0
As far as I can tell the majority of nodes on the network are still running v0.8.8.  I cannot obtain connections to any v1.0.0.1 clients, therefore my v1.0.0.1 wallet will not sync.

The network is a bit of a mess right now.  In my opinion this fork is a FAIL and needs to be attempted again at a later block height.

FuelCoinTeam - can you confirm this? thank you
is there a list of nodes that are in correct chain to use for the daemon?

If I start daemon in pool it still find nodes with old version and so it stops download the blocks.
Activity: 59
Use Fuelcoin-src https://github.com/fuelcoindev/fuelcoincode

It seems that too many clients are still on the old version and some miners may have stopped the correct fork from taking over if they were on the wrong one.  We would recommend loading your miners on the p2p pool as we know this one is on the correct fork and try to get the coins back on track.  There will be thousands of lost coins in this process but it will stabilize the network if successful. 

On another note we already have a backup plan in progress to fix everything as a safety net. Just make sure to follow @FuelCoinNEWS and @altcointoday on twitter.
brand new
Activity: 0
is bittrex on the good fork? I am not sure i I should buy and take a risk of loosing them...
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
I am updating the wallet for fuel.pitythepool.com now, be back online as soon as I get this mess figured out.

Still unsure whether I should be using the code on fuelcoin-src/src or the /src folder - scary

neither one would compile for me.
As far as I can tell the majority of nodes on the network are still running v0.8.8.  I cannot obtain connections to any v1.0.0.1 clients, therefore my v1.0.0.1 wallet will not sync.

The network is a bit of a mess right now.  In my opinion this fork is a FAIL and needs to be attempted again at a later block height.
Could the pool owners please contact us on twitter via DM? We sincerely hope that all previous code was deleted before recompiling the updated source...

multi-pool.info uses the new code from day 23 (more than a week ago). I use to compile in a new fresh directory, as I extract the archive from the zip file
Pages:
Jump to: