Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]**** NEW THEKEV VERTMINER ****Ultimate Vertminer guide for Windows**** - page 4. (Read 115578 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
I reviewed this thread and seen no mention of setups for Linux.  Is there support for Linux users as of present for this new miner program?

The title does say "...for Windows". But I'm currently using the "TheKev" version in Debian Linux. You can try this guide:
http://vertcoin.org/gpu-miner-build-howto.html

Just substitute the URL for the miner:
git clone https://github.com/thekev/vertminer-gpu
instead of:
git clone https://github.com/Bufius/vertminer-gpu
Activity: 26
I reviewed this thread and seen no mention of setups for Linux.  Is there support for Linux users as of present for this new miner program?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
are hash rates expected to be 1/2 -1/3 of regular scrypt mining?  just tried this on one of my rigs, and i'm getting 1.05Mh from 3 290's, vs 2.67-2.72 Mh from the same cards.

Code:

I have exactly 1/2 of scrypt hashrate on Vert too, is this correct? Also be sure to delete API acces from TheKev's Fork config file, otherwise You can expect some bad surprise..
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
hey man, i have the same 7870 as you i think, what tc and shader settings do you use?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
are hash rates expected to be 1/2 -1/3 of regular scrypt mining?  just tried this on one of my rigs, and i'm getting 1.05Mh from 3 290's, vs 2.67-2.72 Mh from the same cards.

Code:
{
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.0.33",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-network" : true,
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"log" : "5",
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"shares" : "0",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-engine" : "1000",
"gpu-fan" : "75-100",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1475",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"intensity" : "20",
"temp-target" : "80",
"temp-overheat" : "92",
"temp-cutoff" : "99",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"shaders" : "2560",
"rawintensity" : "10240",
"thread-concurrency" : "10241",
"skip-security-checks" : "1",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"scan" : "opencl:auto",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"no-unicode" : true,
"scrypt-vert" : true
}
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Those sure are some big red letters!    Shocked
Activity: 193
still couldn't get any vertcoin/cgminer modified to work with any of my 6 rigs

will donate 5k doge to whoever helps make it work

what seems to be the problem? are you able to get the original one to work?

I'm not really sure what the problem is

none of the miners work
vert nor cgminer

the miners starts and i get 5-10 WU or none
and I have been mining before using cgminer for normal scrypt
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

what seems to be the problem? are you able to get the original one to work?

Activity: 26
great guide, man.

With VTC/PANDA it's actually pretty wonky to find a sweet spot. I start with 1000/1500 core/mem and increment up and down a bit to find the sweet spot. With vanilla scrypt, any increase that remains stable is bonus, but with nscrypt, I've found that going up can sometimes lower hash (without even throwing HW errors). I tend to hover right around 1000/1500 on my rigs, which run combinations of ASUS, MSI, and Sapphire (all 280x).

Activity: 84
great guide, possibly add nvidia in there too?

The latest releases of cudaminer already support N-Scrypt.

I run v 2014.2.9 on a lil GTX 650 Ti , and the beginning of my .bat is: (cudaminer.exe  --algo=scrypt:2048)  VTC & PANDA ( same settings )
works great. ( win 7 64, 8GB ram )

If you dont have the latest release(s) of cudaminer look here on pg1: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229

Happy Mining
Activity: 182
great guide, possibly add nvidia in there too?
i'll donate after i get back

im on teamviewer and using 0.5.3 after following everything, it still doesn't recognize the batch file
any reason why?

It wont recognize the bat itself.  Were you trying to run the bat? You have to open the bat and it will start mining.  The miner wont recognize the bat, the bat is what starts the miner.  Sorry for the delayed response I have been having some issues with a flood :/.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gmv6kibwb2xkh6l/ZSeeTxgVrI

that was from earlier my wall has since been breached lol.  hopefully I can fix it soon the rains supposed to drop water on us all week. FML.  I will try to help all those that I can but I may be delayed in response at this moment xD.

meant the conf file

used both the 5.2 and 5.3 but neither gives me WU over 5-10

im on teamviewer and using 0.5.3 after following everything, it still doesn't recognize the batch file
any reason why?

It wont recognize the bat itself.  Were you trying to run the bat? You have to open the bat and it will start mining.  The miner wont recognize the bat, the bat is what starts the miner.  Sorry for the delayed response I have been having some issues with a flood :/.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gmv6kibwb2xkh6l/ZSeeTxgVrI

that was from earlier my wall has since been breached lol.  hopefully I can fix it soon the rains supposed to drop water on us all week. FML.  I will try to help all those that I can but I may be delayed in response at this moment xD.

any reason why?

im running it myself without problems Those are all false positives absolutely no problems I ran a scan myself.

See here is the scan of vertminer 0.5.3 directly from the main post everyone gets it from:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/09716bb8276990416992034d78b7260abb8d4417ccaf8b21171969eacae0d116/analysis/

That was directly downloaded from here (Feel free to download and check yourself Cheesy):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vertcoin-settingsconfigs-how-to-mine-vertcoin-450310

actually shows 6 false positives vs the 5 in the one you linked.  No different then the original I assure you.  Check my rep on OC.NET you will see I am strictly here to help Cheesy. Always have been Cheesy.
Activity: 38
thank you donations nut Grin Grin
Shocked FAQ and MORE!  Grin

Also got it compiled and all, but as soon as I put (gpu-threads : 2 )in my config, I get the following

Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
GPU 0 failure, disabling!

And using gpu-threads : 1 makes it run about 30% slower than it should...

It appears that with Scrypt-N You need to have at least same or more amount of system RAM as is on Your VGA, so If You have 2G of ram and some R9 VGA with 3G, Youll get this error with higher thread concurrency. Eg (approximates)

R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 2GB system RAM on scrypt with TC 8192:     700khs
R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 4GB system RAM on scrypt-n with TC 8192:  350khs
R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 2GB system RAM on scrypt-n with TC 8192:  Error -5: Enqueueing kernel onto command queue. (clEnqueueNDRangeKernel)
R9 280X w 3G video RAM + 2GB system RAM on scrypt-n with TC 4096:  200khs

Keep in mind Ram is a factor.  You may need more ram to get multiple cards running.  Minimum 4 recommended 8 or more.  Wink

Will this work with normal Scrypt coins if I change it in the config from Scrypt-vert to just Scrypt? I love the raw intensity option. I have 2 280xs in an enclosed case that run well at I 13, but together are just too hot for the enclosure. I've had success with this miner setting them at TC and raw intensity 7168 which is essentially I 12.807. They stay at temps that I like and I'm fine with 87.5% throughput. However, if like to point one of them to a Scrypt coin and am not sure if there are other miners that allow for such fine tuning of intensity.

Coming soon I will post the guide with switching from scrypt to scrypt-n.  For now its in developement and will require some time for testing/compiling.

"rawintensity" : "11264,11264,10240",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192,8192",
"temp-cutoff" : "90",
"expiry" : "30",
"log" : "5",
"gpu-engine" : "917,917,917",
"gpu-fan" : "90,90,90",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1500",
"queue" : "0",
"shaders" : "2816,2816,2560",
"scan-time" : "1",
"device" : "0",
"scrypt-vert" : true
}

I'm getting 300kh on one of my 290x's right now with these settings... any suggestions/help?

I have 2 290x's and a 290, how do i get the miner to startup the other 2? just says "OFF" on the other 2 when i start

In order to run multiple gpu you must change "device" : "0", to "device" : "0,1,2" to run 3 GPUs.  Can also run only certain GPUs if you prefer.

Also with most GPU thread concurrency ends up at 8193 rather then 8192 this can make a big difference (test BOTH)

Lastly 290x are much different then most gpu.  As far as I can tell it can be easier just to go with single thread and intensity 20 and higher thread concurrency, all depends.  When I get a collection of more good configs I will try to post more info.

Pages:
Jump to: