Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 21. (Read 101968 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
However, not only that, it will be extremely innovative.

This is interesting! More fun expected...
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Interested/reserved
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
I'm interested  Smiley
Seriously though, if done correctly this could be amazing.

Yes exactly.  We want to do this correctly.

However, not only that, it will be extremely innovative.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm interested  Smiley
Seriously though, if done correctly this could be amazing.
legendary
Interested!

Come-from-Beyond -- you need a smack if you didn't realize a flaw that big in Nxt.

I don't think they realize it is a flaw.

It is the same with the private key that they are sending out for all accounts.  They don't think it is a flaw.

The inside joke though is that you can mine NXT with GPU farms, cracking secret phrases and rewriting transactions.

Cheesy Cheesy

FC refused to create a separate thread to discuss the flaw. Looks like he became smarter, so we won't have much fun there. Let's leave him for a week, maybe he will find something really funny...
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
I'm desirably in

Interested Grin
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Interested!

Come-from-Beyond -- you need a smack if you didn't realize a flaw that big in Nxt.

It is the same with the private key that they are sending out for all accounts.  They don't think it is a flaw.

The inside joke though is that you can mine NXT with GPU farms, cracking secret phrases and rewriting transactions.

Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

Quoted.

Not the first time we've seen this from the FCs....

Hmmm... for just a moment... I had an idea for a Nxt hacking toolkit.

It works like this:

It scans the block chain for active Nxt accounts with balances.
Then it uses hashcat  (see: http://hashcat.net/oclhashcat/#features-algos ) to crack the secret phrases.
Any match with any of the existing Nxt public addresses essentially cracks the account.
The account then is silently drained of its holdings.

I wonder how much people who pay for such a toolkit?

U should do it.
legendary

Quoted.
legendary

FC, stop talking to me using other accounts plz.
legendary
Interested!

legendary
Yes they are,  all inputs linked to the hash of the previous output.  You cannot create a valid Bitcoin transaction without the previous hash.

So you are saying Nxt doesn't have this critical Bitcoin feature?   Every alt-coin in existence has this feature, but for some strange reason Nxt does not.   I think the burden of proof is on your court.  You need a strong explanation why your timestamp solution is sufficient.  

I doubt you will find it because Satoshi would not have gone through all the trouble of linking transactions.

Looks like u found a fatal flaw in Nxt. U should create a separate thread for this. Put the link here, so I could watch it.

No need.  Recorded here for posterity.

Come on, show must go on!
legendary
Yes they are,  all inputs linked to the hash of the previous output.  You cannot create a valid Bitcoin transaction without the previous hash.

So you are saying Nxt doesn't have this critical Bitcoin feature?   Every alt-coin in existence has this feature, but for some strange reason Nxt does not.   I think the burden of proof is on your court.  You need a strong explanation why your timestamp solution is sufficient.  

I doubt you will find it because Satoshi would not have gone through all the trouble of linking transactions.

Looks like u found a fatal flaw in Nxt. U should create a separate thread for this. Put the link here, so I could watch it.

No need.  Recorded here for posterity.
Activity: 1
Interested!

Activity: 34
legendary
Yes they are,  all inputs linked to the hash of the previous output.  You cannot create a valid Bitcoin transaction without the previous hash.

So you are saying Nxt doesn't have this critical Bitcoin feature?   Every alt-coin in existence has this feature, but for some strange reason Nxt does not.   I think the burden of proof is on your court.  You need a strong explanation why your timestamp solution is sufficient. 

legendary
What is the explanation why Nxt does not need to link transactions together while Bitcoin does?

Nxt does link transactions. Implicitly.

Linked by timestamp,  not cryptographically linked.   Major difference.

Actually, more like 'ordered by timestamp',  not linked.

What if timestamps are fake,  then what do you do?

Bitcoin transaction r not "cryptographically" linked.

Ordered by timestamp and id if timestamp is the same.

Timestamps can't be fake, blockchain ensures this.

Yes they are,  all inputs linked to the hash of the previous output.  You cannot create a valid Bitcoin transaction without the previous hash.

So you are saying Nxt doesn't have this critical Bitcoin feature?   Every alt-coin in existence has this feature, but for some strange reason Nxt does not.   I think the burden of proof is on your court.  You need a strong explanation why your timestamp solution is sufficient. 

legendary
What is the explanation why Nxt does not need to link transactions together while Bitcoin does?

Bitcoin transaction r not "cryptographically" linked.

Ordered by timestamp and id if timestamp is the same.

Timestamps can't be fake, blockchain ensures this.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: