Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 22. (Read 101968 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
What is the explanation why Nxt does not need to link transactions together while Bitcoin does?

Nxt does link transactions. Implicitly.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

What's up with your attitude?

He owes you nothing.

He does need to explain it because Bitcoin links transactions together while Nxt does not.   Just saying  it is okay to do away with feature without an explanation is not sufficient.
legendary

Ok... you link to Satoshi's paper.  In Satoshi's Bitcoin,  all transactions are linked to previous transactions.

How does Nxt justify not doing this?

What is the explanation why Nxt does not need to link transactions together while Bitcoin does?

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
INTERESTED.  I hereby pledge one NXT to be exchanged for 50 nex.
Hey, I am now a corporate investor in the nex project from Code Audit.com. Yay!

TL:DR

Exchanging a vritual currency like Nxt for another virtual currency like NEX does not mean you are an investor in CodeAudit Corp.
Sorry, I was under the impression that u were looking for investors for your nex project.

If CodeAudit Corp sold you a virtual coin,  say a DOGE coin,  it does not mean that you are an investor in the company.  

Now this notion that you are in the Neatherlands and can't be sued for defamation.   Let me check the lawyers about that.
Never said u couldn't, said it would be difficult. and its Netherlands, btw

Besides,  why would a private company send any information to an individual who is anonymous?
Didn't ask you to send me information, asked u to post your corporate information on this forum for everyone to see before they invest......or whatever in the nex project from CodeAudit.com.

In fact,  why is everyone in the Nxt community, anonymous?

Italic replies are mine.
Once again I want to suggest to the FCs that they actually attempt to read my post. I know it haz lotz of wordz, but it shouldn't take all that long.

Probably wouldn't hurt the FCs to read their own posts as well.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Activity: 6
legendary
Activity: 1120
Activity: 2
legendary
legendary
legendary
Is that okay?  If so,  what prevents it?

Timestamping made by forgers does.

Is this sufficient in a P2P network?

Or put it this way,  if a node is aware that it is responsible for forging, will it just not create the double spend transactions and create the block?

XDM
Activity: 7
legendary
Is that okay?  If so,  what prevents it?

Timestamping made by forgers does.
legendary
One last question about Nxt,  why is it not required that transactions need to be linked to previous transactions? 

It's linked implicitly (in Bitcoin it's explicitly).

Not sure what you mean by "linked implicitly".  What are the implicit rules for transaction linking?

"Outgoing transaction must not lead to negative balance."

Yes, so double spending is okay so long as locally it does not leave to a negative balance?

So there are 100 addresses where I want to buy something.  I have 100 Nxt.  So I send each of the 100 addresses, 99 Nxt ( all without a previous transaction).   All 100 receive addresses receive the 99 Nxt because it does not lead to a negative balance.

Is that okay?  If so,  what prevents it?
legendary
One last question about Nxt,  why is it not required that transactions need to be linked to previous transactions? 

Not sure what you mean by "linked implicitly".  What are the implicit rules for transaction linking?

"Outgoing transaction must not lead to negative balance."
legendary

Activity: 6
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Activity: 10
Pages:
Jump to: