Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 54. (Read 101968 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
The Nxt / NEX price was set deliberately low.   This is to ensure that people exchanging Nxt for NEX have a higher probability of preserving their investment.   Theoretically, the ratio should be 1:1.  In fact, when NEX starts trading on the open market, the ratio may be achievable.

Would you have rather had the ratio at 1 NEX == 1 NXT?

What price and market cap does everyone think NEX will achieve once things settle down after launch?

Example:
 - 20,000 BTC market cap
 - 0.00002 BTC/NEX

Should people buy 10,000 NXT now (cost: slightly less than 1 BTC), trade it for 500,000 NEX on IPO/launch (0.05% of total NEX), and then sell for 10 BTC? Is the 10,000 NXT per person a hard limit?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
in for the nex offer...I think I put in earlier in this thread but can find it
Activity: 322
interesting, have to wait and see how this pans out.
Any ideas about the price and market cap NEX could achieve once things settle down after launch?
Also what are the services planned around NEX? like merchants, games etc
Any roadmap from the development team?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Hey FrictionlessCoin

A couple of hours ago I bought 1 bitcoin for 960 USD, then traded it for 7800 NXT
(over at bter, don't know if the price was any good, but I would walk miles for your free NEX)

Now my new questions (please answer old ones as well):

- where should I send those NXT to claim some of the 5% NEX reserved for NXT holders?

- How much NEX will I get?

- What will you do with the 1 Mio. NXT you might receive for free, uh, sorry NEX?

And speaking of Bitcoins, any plans on reserving 5% or 10% of NEX for Bitcoin scam victims
(you know guys who sold at 2 dollars a couple of years ago, because noone told them what
they will be worth in the future, those selfish bastards)

PS: I know you are really busy with photoshopping all the NXT graphics and flyers...
Retouching the "XT" to make it look like an "EX" is hell of a job.
But you're a machine we know it, keep up the sisyphus good work and please answer more questions, it is very important for people to understand, how free and fair NEX is!

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
We will also allocate 1% for VISACOIN investors who lost their money.  This requires verification only that they sent BTC to the VISACOIN BTC donation address.  This is given freely.

I must congratulate FrictionlessCoin on this proposal to use part of the NEX genesis block distribution to compensate the VisaCoin victims!!

I would say that the other side of the 'coin' for GetVisaCoin is sending a message of deterrence to future scammers, so my hunt for VisaCoin will continue.

This proposal does not alter my plan to offer the stolen bitcoins as a bounty (plus my 5 bitcoins) to an honest hacker in China to catch VisaCoin, but maybe I'm out of the NXT cloning business now.

If the VisaCoin victims are compensated elsewhere, then maybe the bounty hunter looking for VisaCoin can have the full 130 bitcoins, plus my 5.

Hopefully other NXT clone developers will consider offering something similar (I'm not going to discourage a bidding war either!).

Thanks again FrictionlessCoin!

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Yes, NEX must help stupid people. Scam coins very bad.

We will also allocate 1% for VISACOIN investors who lost their money.  This requires verification only that they sent BTC to the VISACOIN BTC donation address.  This is given freely.

Could you also include the NEON scam victims? - I think this would really help to make the distribution even fairer

I also lost money in the NEON scam can you allocate 1% of NEW NEX to NEON scammed if this is perfectly fair?
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
This sounds interesting and I'm interested, count me in.
42 pages? Seriously?

Yes,  we r very serious. FRICTIONLESScoin is genius, make all fair now.
NXT bad coin, no fair. NEX good coin, fair for all peoples of the world.
Activity: 600
Merit: 500
Nxt-kit developer
42 pages? Seriously?
Activity: 264
PiNX solves distribution problem quite elegantly.

Requirement is 'Proof-of-Pi' (as in Raspberry Pi)

You could say this is unfair to those who don't own a Pi or don't want to get one, and you'd be right.  But, PiNX is not made for them.  It is made to run on Raspberry Pi.

Therefore, the distribution model is appropriate and fair for the target audience.

Come join us!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-pinx-descendant-of-nxt-so-much-yum-424202

KLONE siblings unite!

"Proof-of-Pi"  Outstanding!!! Smiley

edit: Your genesis block distribution has been ethically secured!!
Activity: 33
PiNX solves distribution problem quite elegantly.

Requirement is 'Proof-of-Pi' (as in Raspberry Pi)

You could say this is unfair to those who don't own a Pi or don't want to get one, and you'd be right.  But, PiNX is not made for them.  It is made to run on Raspberry Pi.

Therefore, the distribution model is appropriate and fair for the target audience.

Come join us!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-pinx-descendant-of-nxt-so-much-yum-424202

KLONE siblings unite!
Activity: 264

It would be interesting to start a discussion on how best to fairly distribute the coins.

Distribution should not be proportional to how wealthy you are.  Rather is should be based on another metric.  

Distrubution similar to Bitcoin should be proportional to the effort expended to secure and improve the network.  How that is done is open to discussion.

HaHa, You started a discussion - this is the discussion - and now you admit you have no answer. Whatever you do will be criticised by people who missed out.

I thought you were a lot smarter!!

Isn't NEX being given out free to people posting "interested" in this thread? That's what people think. You better make your policy clear.

Don't worry FrictionlessCoin - you're in the KLONE genesis block, so you'll end up rich.

KLONE:: Meet the NXT "Family"

How do you ethically secure the distribution of a POS genesis block?
How do you make it fair, but still attract people who will help launch your coin?

Proof of Commitment = "Proof-of-Clone"

- The CULT of NXT clones is growing!
- Free coins for posting "Interested" in an announcement thread does not show commitment to NXT clones
- KLONE genesis block coins will be distributed to creators of NXT clones only
- KLONE is the ultimate NXT clone
- KLONE is a clone of NXT

To secure your stake in the KLONE genesis block:
1 - Create a new bitcointalk.org sock puppet account in the name of your coin
2 - Copy/Paste the announcement from an existing NXT clone OR write your own original NXT clone manifesto
3 - Post an announcement thread on bitcointalk.org (must use ::descendant OR ::sibling in the subject)
4 - Collect at least 10 "interested" posts from different user accounts in your announcement thread
5 - Send a PM to me (KLONE) with a link to your announcement thread
5 - YOU are a KLONE stakeholder

KLONE IPO will run until April 1st 2014
KLONE stakeholders will be ranked according to the date of their announcement thread.
KLONE will have a slight weighting based on rank to favour early adopters, but genesis block distribution will be an equal share.
KLONE is fair, BUT you must show commitment to NXT clones

KLONE genesis block is 1,000,000 coins
KLONE requires effort to acquire
KLONE will have a value

KLONE is the DIAMOND in the NXT clone stable.

CURRENT KLONE GENESIS BLOCK STAKEHOLDERS
1-   GetVisaCoin::Sibling of NXT::Born for retribution & deterrent
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409696.0

2-   NEX Nxt Reimagined
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422052.0

3-   NOX extends the dark side of NXT  
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422353.0;topicseen

4-   ME.TOO :: descendant of NXT - 4 billion coins
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422139.0

5-   NEXX :: descendant of NEX :: descendant of NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422272.0

6-   NEM :: descendant of NXT - 4 billion coins
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

7-   FRX :: descendant of NEX - all un Fairness!
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422638.0;topicseen

********************************************************************************

8-  FRX :: descendant of NEX - all un Fairness!
     https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4617196

9.  PiNX :: descendant of NXT — So much YUM

note: An exemption is given to all the current NXT clone pioneers out of respect for their work. From here on, you MUST create a new sock puppet account in the name of your cloned NXT.

Attack of the KLONES!!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
NXT very high now, that is bad.

Be ready for the worst.  Cheesy
Download client software, but it does not work.
I click on file, window opens, but there is nothing, no coin.

Where is coin, bitches?

I want help, show me how install and get coin.
NXT very high now, that is bad.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
5% to NXT investors is actually fair , cos they are the ones who supported the NXT protocol so far and consequently NEX.
there would be no NEX without the current NXT investors.
5% is actually a very small portion of the pie in proportion to their contribution.

would be interesting to know what the specifics % numbers are for the total pie.
what % to people who say "interested" (btw interested!)
what % to dev
what % for bounties
this is what's missing in this thread.

I think a fair distribution would look something like this
70% equally distributed among the "interested"
10% developers (which are currently already receiving btcs)
10% for bounties
5% to the NXT investors
5% to be defined

also another thing which makes no sense.....how you gonna distribute manually to potentially thousands if not millions of interested ppl?
the obvious best way would be a well organized faucet to spread the NEX with captcha, ip recording and retweet activation (the retweet obviously also goof for spreading teh word).

also you may wanna refer to NEX as a fairness coin project......open a forum and maybe poll for name/logo/distribution model etc. and discuss ideas. there is no fairness without democracy.

Activity: 8
Activity: 644
I'm interested in this and will catch up on this thread over the next few days to see if it is serious or not.

I'll save you some time.  Forget Nex and check out NEXX!
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
NXT is the future
MUCH INTEREST

sold my NXT today. Distribution just too unfair. No distribution will ever be equal or completely fair, I understand that.
But ending the IPO early is a common insider-benefits con. Everyone should understand this. There is artificial scarcity because while there is 1000 users interest in NXT, only 73 get access, thus there is huge run-up in price. The 73 stakeholders can do anything they want. They have all the power. They can pump and dump, manipulate the market, create loyal followers through giveaways (one guy gave me 32 NXT. gee, thanks).

If the dev of NEX is not bullshitting and actually intends to push this forward, NEX could be huge. From this thread there are already 50+ interested parties. NEX can be what NXT will never be.

As for fair distribution, make people send a picture of themselves along with their NEX wallet address handwritten on a piece of paper.

nice move x2  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: