Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 58. (Read 101968 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
I don't think it's wise to begin distribution unless you have a clean well made third party client. Running a NRS clone is not appealing at all. Just my opinion. That NRS thing is one of the worst thing about NXT. You'll have to add your "touch" Smiley

The NRS client is for baselining our source code.

We will move away from it once we are confident of our port.

Distribution will be on a new client.  It will be more robust and advanced than Nxt.

We are treating Nxt as alpha code (i.e. not ready for production)
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
TESTERS!

You can find the ALPHA TEST CLIENT here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nexcoin/files/Nxt/

It should work like the regular Nxt client.

This is extremely early alpha work, so just send really amounts of Nxt to test.

Download and unzip the NEX client on your computer where you can easily locate it.

Using your command line window, navigate to the folder/directory of the NEX Client.

Start Java from within the directory using the following command:

java -jar start.jar

After you have installed the NEX client and navigated to https://127.0.0.1:7875

I launched it in my room NEX 1820845625369946458

Does it look and work same like Nxt?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
TESTERS!

You can find the ALPHA TEST CLIENT here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nexcoin/files/Nxt/

It should work like the regular Nxt client.

This is extremely early alpha work, so just send really amounts of Nxt to test.

Download and unzip the NEX client on your computer where you can easily locate it.

Using your command line window, navigate to the folder/directory of the NEX Client.

Start Java from within the directory using the following command:

java -jar start.jar

After you have installed the NEX client and navigated to https://127.0.0.1:7875

I launched it in my room NEX 1820845625369946458
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
I don't think it's wise to begin distribution unless you have a clean well made third party client. Running a NRS clone is not appealing at all. Just my opinion. That NRS thing is one of the worst thing about NXT. You'll have to add your "touch" Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Interesting. I'll be keeping up with this.  Smiley
legendary
There definitety has to be a safe ceiling from the start to avoid big stake. Something like 5 000 for everyone in this thread, 10 000 for people who participate in any way, maybe 15000 for people who got scammed by Visacoin etc...30 000 for devs. Just an idea...May come in very different form.
And if op wants to be trusted, he'll have to give a proof that he keeps a limited amount, something like 100 000 i don't know, just throwing things.

As far as i'm concerned, buying NEX with NXT is a no go. It's totally out of picture. People will never trust that.

Keep thinking on how best to distribute the coin. 

Thanks for your suggestions.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Keep testing the client folks.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Once we validate functionality,  we'll be on our way to creating a distribution!!!

Welcome to Open, Free and Fair!!

I tested, works even better than Nxt client. Let's move to the distribution.
legendary
Keep testing the client folks.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Once we validate functionality,  we'll be on our way to creating a distribution!!!

Welcome to Open, Free and Fair!!
legendary
There definitety has to be a safe ceiling from the start to avoid big stake. Something like 5 000 for everyone in this thread, 10 000 for people who participate in any way, maybe 15000 for people who got scammed by Visacoin etc...30 000 for devs. Just an idea...May come in very different form.
And if op wants to be trusted, he'll have to give a proof that he keeps a limited amount, something like 100 000 i don't know, just throwing things.

As far as i'm concerned, buying NEX with NXT is a no go. It's totally out of picture. People will never trust that.
legendary
WARNING!

I HIGHLY SUSPECT THIS SOFTWARE WILL STEAL YOUR NXT PASSWORD!  BE CAREFUL!

Yes I don't see the point of someone who is so against NXT posting their 'own' version that is the same as NRS plus whatever modification they chose to put in it.

Because he's a scammer and a thief.

The source code is available to all to see. 

Furthermore,  the client is only for our testers.   If you want to test, then test on a sandbox with an account with next to nothing.
Activity: 7
Sign me up!  Thanks! Cool
Activity: 20
Since he started to offer to buy NEX with NXT, it really got suspicious. Since then the word 'fair' lost the last bit of sense in this thread (business as already pointed out before). I am watching out for smth else, smth more reliable. I am out here and definately will turn to NEM (and the original NXT in any case Smiley)!
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
I'm really interested and will follow this!
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
so everyone who posted in this thread will get an equal distribution of coins? (1 billion divided by the users who posted here?)
but u already promised double to who made the logo...and how much will you be giving yourself. and how much to the developers?
clarify just this point please then I don't have a problem with this project, infact i welcome it (even though i'm a nxt holder)
post clearer information on how u'd conduct the IPO . at the present moment it just looks like a troll.
Activity: 126
Hehe, u guys should start collecting data about FC real identity in advance. Just in case...

Where is RickyJames Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Hehe, u guys should start collecting data about FC real identity in advance. Just in case...
Activity: 6
Guys, I've read all of about this so called NXT descendant so far and don't want to take your illusions away from you but:

* NEX is not descendant but at least clone and not even as innovative to NXT as litecoin is innovative to bitcoin
* all these so called major features are very marginal IMHO
* some of them a better database for block chain data is good objection and hope it will be improved in NXT soon but it's no feature anyway and it's also nothing innovative there
* I would personally think someone is making jokes here and some other people are taking it seriously
* don't be mad, there is a popularity wave of NXT which has a reasons but this NEX is just an attempt to parasite of that wave so I would not take it seriously

Anyway, good luck with that if you want to, competition and variability (although this one as presented is  just a clone with some minor tweaks) are always welcome in the free world.
Activity: 126
FrictionlessCoin:

Please immediately remove the references of 162.243.214.68; 95.85.46.164; 162.243.216.55; 162.243.143.15; 95.85.46.249 from the web.xml file in your upload. These are my nodes and used only for NXT network. I do not want them associated with whatever you have going on.
legendary
well, my nxt account is empty anyway, i quick understood that forging is hopeless

my NEX account  Cool

Activity: 644
Merit: 250
WARNING!

I HIGHLY SUSPECT THIS SOFTWARE WILL STEAL YOUR NXT PASSWORD!  BE CAREFUL!

Yes I don't see the point of someone who is so against NXT posting their 'own' version that is the same as NRS plus whatever modification they chose to put in it.

Because he's a scammer and a thief.
Pages:
Jump to: