Author

Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool - page 330. (Read 794124 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Cmon, you can settle this in PM, or make separate thread for your lovestory.

Activity: 96
It is totally possible that phzi may have started off with selfish motivations in the start, but obviously he had an epiphany of generosity.  The fact that someone could change their mind to decide to do the more generous thing speaks far more of character than to be a flat out bully:

suchmoon, I don't know who you are yet.  But do you really want someone like me looking into it?  Think about that before answering and act accordingly.

Then to try to appeal to the morality (which is incredibly passive-aggressive AND manipulative):

And I only asked for 0.25 BTC, so obviously money has nothing to do with it.  That would not even buy a decent dinner out where I live.  This is purely about principle.

All this sense of entitlement all over something that one was never entitled to in the first place.  So, you made an offer and the offer was refused.  At that point nothing was ever given, nothing was yours.  Therefore, nobody took anything away from you...which is what you seem to want people to think...that something that was rightfully yours was taken away from you.

The behavior being displayed now shows a severe lack of maturity and somewhat sociopathic tendencies.  I find it interesting that people who play "the game" with the whole "You're losing money every day, pay me now for only a fraction of the cost...I'm the only savior you have" call everyone else manipulators when they themselves get out-played.  Phzi would be no more of a manipulator than what you would be if you had "won the prize" instead.  So, trying defame everyone else's reputation when you yourself engage in the same thing is hypocritical and only solidifies the conclusion that most people have probably come up by now about your personality and character.  I'm guessing there might be a hint of alcoholism or substance abuse going on.

Its actually quite to the benefit of this service and community that Nicehashdev decided not to work with you.  Childish tantrum is something NiceHash service is well off to do without.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
comeonalready's name just explains him perfectly.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
@comeonalready

Please stop cluttering the thread with your greediness over 0.25BTC. If you're not a fan of open source than this is clearly the wrong community for you, go work for M$ or something.

@phzi

Thanks a million for the fix, i will donate some ^^

EDIT: Could you pm me your BTC or LTC adress?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Lol... sometimes it is good to give back.  I have made plenty of profit from the various dev's that have built c/sgminer, and if I can patch an annoying bug with a single line, I would prefer to honor the open source nature of the crypto communities by sharing my fix.  If someone wants to pay (or tip) me for the time it took to debug this, I will be appreciative. But I don't see the need to demand compensation.

I am happy, on principle, to have offered this freely.

If that were really true, then you would have given your hacky patch away freely four days ago when you had it, but instead you made a point to tell everyone you that had it but refused to share as it was giving you an advantage -- in essence gloating and holding it out over everyone.  And you are only making this statement now to save face in what you have since likely realized was a poor decision to disclose, and now begging for tips for doing so.  Say what you want about me, but I am direct in my approach.  You are transparent in your attempts to manipulate, but I would bet that you don't even know you're even doing it.

My patch is hacky and I don't plan to publish it. Besides, right now it is giving me an advantage... why would I share when you have made this system competitive instead of fair/proportional?

And by the way, yours is not a comprehensive fix, as I nearly certain that you already know as you called it hacky.  As you were so concerned earlier about how changing extranonce1 requires the briefest interruption in mining to reconnect stratum, how do you feel that your patch requires some mining downtime too, however minimal, though longer than former extranonce1 issue?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Lol... sometimes it is good to give back.  I have made plenty of profit from the various dev's that have built c/sgminer, and if I can patch an annoying bug with a single line, I would prefer to honor the open source nature of the crypto communities by sharing my fix.  If someone wants to pay (or tip) me for the time it took to debug this, I will be appreciative. But I don't see the need to demand compensation.

I am happy, on principle, to have offered this freely.
suchmoon, I don't know who you are yet.  But do you really want someone like me looking into it?  Think about that before answering and act accordingly.

So much butthurt over 1 BTC

And I only asked for 0.25 BTC, so obviously money has nothing to do with it.  That would not even buy a decent dinner out where I live.  This is purely about principle.
Activity: 96
From what it looks like Nicehash made a smart business decision and it had nothing to do with just getting a solution, but rather with who they decide to do business with.  There are certain players you don't want on your team and you can tell right away.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
So much butthurt over 1 BTC Roll Eyes

A person half as smart as comeonwhatshisorhername pretends to be would have made that much in less time than it took to come up with this little blackmail scheme (look, that word again, call CRA quick, BTW is blackmail income taxable?). But then again, where's the fun in that.

I'm just framing the stuff below for future reference. Maybe for blackmail  Grin

Several days ago I was investigating this idle bug to satisfy my own curiosity and offered to provide the fix to you for free if I found it.  I found and fixed it two days ago, but you had already hired someone else to do the work instead, so obviously I can no longer give it away for nothing.  Today, that person contacted me for some information about the bug, so I assume he has not yet found it.  I have no doubt that he or someone else eventually will, but how long it will take is anyone's guess, as it is nested pretty deeply in the muck.

I offered the fix to you for a token amount -- a quarter of what you were paying him -- and also to send the fix in advance of payment for verification, but you declined.  So how long it remains a work in progress is really up to you...

Great work on the extranonce protocol extension by the way.

We (all three of us) are apparently a stubborn lot.

Nicehash currently has more orders than it can fill.  At 4% rake and 6.2 BTC/GH/Day, if miners with only 1GH/s worth of scrypt hashpower alone are staying away because of this idle bug, then that equates to approximately 0.25 BTC per day lost in incremental revenue.  As two days have gone by, that makes approximately 0.5 BTC potentially lost.  Tomorrow will make 0.75 BTC if the fix is not found.  There have been repeated posts here from miners who are experiencing this problem stating that they can not use nicehash again until it is addressed.  And when you do solve the problem, you might just land a mega-miner.  Who is in charge of making the financial decisions there?

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blackmail

Your solution is partially effective but you are foolish to just give it away.  The hired developer will earn a profit from using your hack (1 BTC), and you will get nothing (0 BTC).  Not one person here is mining for free regardless of what they claim, and each will eventually stop mining when they deem it unprofitable as cryptocoins have no intrinsic value whatsoever.

When nicehash grows to 20GH/s, they will be using your work to earn approximately 5 BTC in fees daily, meanwhile you have earned nothing from being smarter than them.  But is giving it to them for free really that smart in retrospect?  I think not.

You had usable workaround, you had an advantage as a miner, you had leverage over nicehash, and you gave it all away for nothing, presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet -- some of whom will appease you by telling you how great you are, but only because you just handed out your profits to them.  I'll give you my btc address and if you send me some btc, I'll tell you that you're great too.

If this "patch" works well, we will not forget about you phzi. I promise you that.

That's right...  He will not forget what a fool you were to give it up for nothing.

I offered a comprehensive fix to him for less than what nicehash lost in potential incremental revenue over the last three days and he was too stubborn to make an intelligent business decision, so he too is a fool for not having accepted the deal.  And by insulting him right now, I am implanting in him the urge to send a token payment to you for having providing a workaround, simply to 'punish' me for being a capitalist -- which he is himself!  You're welcome.

As for the problem with idle miners - I have not observed failed auths in these cases. I see the pool accepting the auth request with p=, but not being able to provide work. This seems to occur when there are jobs at the desired profitability, but those jobs are already maxed on miner (no slots available). The pool keeps the connection open and allows the auth innappropriately.  If I set p high enough that no jobs are available (full or not),  this doesn't happen.

My patch is hacky and I don't plan to publish it. Besides, right now it is giving me an advantage... why would I share when you have made this system competitive instead of fair/proportional?

And what exactly happened between then and now?  If you had this hacky fix, then why did you not provide it to nicehash earlier?  

Why change your mind now?  Did you fall deeper into depression, needing more attention from strangers to help bring you out of it?

Why would you even need a fix since all you do is stare at your miners all day anyway?

What happens in a few days when you are feeling depressed again?  Will you repeat the cycle?

I felt sorry for you, and naturally I wanted to help someone less fortunate as I thought it cost me nothing to do so.  But it turns out you're right after all.  To educate you is to diminish my advantage over you.  I won't make that mistake again.

Clearly you are an internet parrot -- and one who will attempt to abruptly change the subject in order to help deflect attention from the fact that he did not properly understand the definition of blackmail after erroneously accusing me of such.

Ross, look what I found.  Are you properly reporting all of your income from cryptocoin mining and trading activities?  Better hope you are, because I know what agency is getting your contact information!  Good luck with that...

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/nvstgtns/lds/menu-eng.html

And no, this is not blackmail either because I don't want anything in return for not providing this information to the Canada Revenue Agency.  There is a price for everything in this world.

Activity: 126
Back on topic, Nicehash, what happened to all the high paying jobs?  Let's get those rolling again!  I need to ROI before Titan etc lands!

You did it all wrong, fixes like that are supposed to come with blackmail, what's with all this giving stuff away for free  Shocked Grin

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:

So you're teaching me English now. Presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet?

I felt sorry for you, and naturally I wanted to help someone less fortunate as I thought it cost me nothing to do so.  But it turns out you're right after all.  To educate you is to diminish my advantage over you.  I won't make that mistake again.

Clearly you are an internet parrot -- and one who will attempt to abruptly change the subject in order to help deflect attention from the fact that he did not properly understand the definition of blackmail after erroneously accusing me of such.
legendary

You did it all wrong, fixes like that are supposed to come with blackmail, what's with all this giving stuff away for free  Shocked Grin

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:

So you're teaching me English now. Presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet?
If this "patch" works well, we will not forget about you phzi. I promise you that.

That's right...  He will not forget what a fool you were to give it up for nothing.

I offered a comprehensive fix to him for less than what nicehash lost in potential incremental revenue over the last three days and he was too stubborn to make an intelligent business decision, so he too is a fool for not having accepted the deal.  And by insulting him right now, I am implanting in him the urge to send a token payment to you for having providing a workaround, simply to 'punish' me for being a capitalist -- which he is himself!  You're welcome.

As for the problem with idle miners - I have not observed failed auths in these cases. I see the pool accepting the auth request with p=, but not being able to provide work. This seems to occur when there are jobs at the desired profitability, but those jobs are already maxed on miner (no slots available). The pool keeps the connection open and allows the auth innappropriately.  If I set p high enough that no jobs are available (full or not),  this doesn't happen.

And what exactly happened between then and now?  If you had this hacky fix, then why did you not provide it to nicehash earlier?  

Why change your mind now?  Did you fall deeper into depression, needing more attention from strangers to help bring you out of it?

Why would you even need a fix since all you do is stare at your miners all day anyway?

What happens in a few days when you are feeling depressed again?  Will you repeat the cycle?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
My 'idle miner' patch...

Your solution is partially effective but you are foolish to just give it away.  The hired developer will earn a profit from using your hack (1 BTC), and you will get nothing (0 BTC).  Not one person here is mining for free regardless of what they claim, and each will eventually stop mining when they deem it unprofitable as cryptocoins have no intrinsic value whatsoever.

When nicehash grows to 20GH/s, they will be using your work to earn approximately 5 BTC in fees daily, meanwhile you have earned nothing from being smarter than them.  But is giving it to them for free really that smart in retrospect?  I think not.

You had usable workaround, you had an advantage as a miner, you had leverage over nicehash, and you gave it all away for nothing, presumably because you have some sort of desperate need for approval by strangers on the internet -- some of whom will appease you by telling you how great you are, but only because you just handed out your profits to them.  I'll give you my btc address and if you send me some btc, I'll tell you that you're great too.

You did it all wrong, fixes like that are supposed to come with blackmail, what's with all this giving stuff away for free  Shocked Grin

Clearly you misunderstand the definition of blackmail.  Here's help:
legendary
Note, of course, I offer this 1 line of code with no warranty whatsoever. You have been warned! ;-]

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
My 'idle miner' patch that has been effective on my rigs is a single line change:

in util.c, auth_stratum function

Either immediately before or immediately after the 'JSON stratum auth failed' applog, add one line:
Code:
pool->idle = true;

This correctly marks the pool as 'Dead,' after a failed stratum auth, and the next alive pool will be chosen.  Because the pool is marked idle, a reconnect attempt will be made periodically. If auth is succesful, the pool is marked 'Alive,' and mining resumes.

Without this 1 liner, the pool is still seen as alive after a failed auth. So, sgminer sits and waits for work even tho the connection was not successful. (Truthfully, the connection and auth are seperate ideas in the stratum protocol, so you can connect but fail auth, in which case you did 'connect' successfully).

Note, of course, I offer this 1 line of code with no warranty whatsoever. You have been warned! ;-]

All cgminer and clones are affected in this idlebug. Thus, pls send the fix to the author of cgminer. If the patch is really good, he will accept it and merge to cgminer. And you'll get what you deserve and everyone will be happy.  Cheesy

You only chose to work on this project because a fee was offered.  So are you really suggesting that I should now offer my solution for free?  I'll pass.  And as I have already stated, you will probably eventually be able to find and fix the problem too, but what value do you place on your time?
Activity: 525
Merit: 529
We (all three of us) are apparently a stubborn lot.

All cgminer and clones are affected in this idlebug. Thus, pls send the fix to the author of cgminer. If the patch is really good, he will accept it and merge to cgminer. And you'll get what you deserve and everyone will be happy.  Cheesy
Jump to: