Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] | ██ ★ NOW ON CRYPTSY ★ ██ | •• ALIENCOIN •• | ◘ [ALN] ◘ √ | - page 62. (Read 121107 times)

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513
<3 DeepOnion
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
https://dgb.luckyminers.com
I rly like it.

So much ppl talking about scam, premine, fail and even more.

All they do is pushing this thread and the coin up the thread list so even more ppl are interested into the coin as they see the name again and again.

Thank you Wink

Bad publicity is better than no publicity  Shocked

True, like all movie stars do Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
I rly like it.

All they do is pushing this thread and the coin up the thread list so even more ppl are interested into the coin as they see the name again and again.

Thank you Wink

Bad publicity is better than no publicity  Shocked
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I rly like it.

Thank you Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Activity: 644
instead of a 1% premine it was in fact a 100% premine

1% is still too much. It's 2 million coins, block reward is 40. That is 50 thousand mined blocks worth. Way way way too much.

Let's imagine this gets to be on an exchange:

The average joe with 1mh/s will make maybe 200 coins on a pool during the first days.

To get any kind of reward that is worth even logging in to an exchange, ALN should be valued about the same as what you get when mining other coins. You'll make about 0.01 BTC a day with 1mh/s mining other coins.

So, if 200 coins should be worth about 0.01 BTC, the market value should be around 1 ALN = .00005 BTC. This would make the 2M premine worth 100 BTC = 100,000 USD. Do you think that's fair compensation for your efforts with this coin?

Yes yes, you claim most of it will be used as giveaways (printing free money always devalues the existing money, making mining less profitable), bounties (for what? services should be profitable on their own and you already have wallets and what not) and who knows what. There's no guarrantee that you will do so, which makes it a risk to add this coin to any exchange as long as you're sitting on the coin pile. Even after maybe two years of the network mining the coin, you are still sitting on nearly half of all the coins in circulation.

You can sell at any price since you didn't invest anything (except maybe few hours of work replacing the logos and coin names on the wallet and posting on bitcointalk) so for miners there is a huge risk that by mining this coin, it will not be profitable at all. If you dump your stash at 0.000001 BTC per ALN, the average miners will pay more for electricity and lose profits from not mining the actually profitable coins, making mining your coin cost them instead of profiting them.

You are trying to make a profit and dump your stash whenever someone is willing to buy any. No one believes otherwise. Just admit it.

you are right, its a pump and dump coin
kke
Activity: 96
Pool information:
-PROP system
-Vardiff stratum
-Minimum payout - 1 ALN
-Better faster stronger server: 16 core, 32gb ram, ssd drivers

You're hosting from clodo.ru which seems to offer maximum of 14 cores per VM.

Also, you already posted that ad.
But I believe that only actually sets a limit to maximum transaction amount, so there is no max number of coins, that's why the mining went on. The premine was 100% of the announced max number of coins, which was wrong. The dev doesn't know what he's doing.

Thank you kindly as well
What exactly did you UPDATE ? Is there something we the other pool ops dont know ?

UPDATED FOR NEW LAUNCH

No just the DB, migrated the old one to a new DB and a new subdomain so people can still withdraw old coins if they wanted to (i don't know why but they are entitled to it).
I thank you so much for enlightening us all. You must be THE new savior 2014 years later, finally. CAn I haz baby of yours ?

This will end up on a talk show....."You are NOT the father"!!!!!
What exactly did you UPDATE ? Is there something we the other pool ops dont know ?

UPDATED FOR NEW LAUNCH

Your account at http://poolerino.com is still there and waiting for you and the coin relaunch. Cheesy

DEV - are the pools the same than yesterday or must new accounts be created
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Well, so there is another mistake found right now?
UPDATED FOR NEW LAUNCH

Pool for this Aliencoin is up at http://aln.luckyminers.com
Start pre-registering, V2 goes live as soon as possible!

Pools offers:
- 0% fee on launch
- Multi enterprise grade servers
- Separate website, database & stratum servers
- Proportional payout system
- Stratum
- Vardiff
- Payouts every minute (Auto & Manual)
- Fun in mining

Example connections:
For Linux
Code:
./cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.aln.luckyminers.com:3331 -u username.WORKERID -p x
Code:
./bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.aln.luckyminers.com:3331 -u username.WORKERID -p x

For Windows
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.aln.luckyminers.com:3331 -u username.WORKERID -p x
Code:
bfgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.aln.luckyminers.com:3331 -u username.WORKERID -p x

For CPUMiner/Minerd
Code:
minerd.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.aln.luckyminers.com:3331 --userpass username.WORKERID:x -t4 -s2 -r1000

DEV - are the pools the same than yesterday or must new accounts be created

At http://aln.luckyminers.com the accounts stay so you don't have to re setup..
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/cMZUpcK.png

Aliencoin mining pool - aln.happyminers.net

*PRE-REGISTER*

Pool information:
-0% fee
-PROP system
-Vardiff stratum
-Minimum payout - 1 ALN
-Better faster stronger server: 16 core, 32gb ram, ssd drivers

Get ready your workers.
Sample for cgminer:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://s3.happyminers.net:3113 -u Weblogin.Worker -p PassWorker -I 13
Sample for minerd(cpuminer):
minerd.exe --url stratum+tcp://s3.happyminers.net:3113 --userpass Weblogin.Worker:PassWorker
Activity: 75
But I believe that only actually sets a limit to maximum transaction amount, so there is no max number of coins, that's why the mining went on. The premine was 100% of the announced max number of coins, which was wrong. The dev doesn't know what he's doing.

Thanks for that explanation and the confirmation of what I was thinking - that there is no max set at all, appreciate you taking the time to dig through the code.
kke
Activity: 96
If there are only 200,000,000 coins then how were people able to mine thousands above that limit?
If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but please explain how the valid blockchain showed an additional 40,000+ coins.

That's how the wallet works.

Code:
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 40 * COIN;
  if (nHeight < 300)
  {
    nSubsidy = 0.0001 * COIN;
    }
    if(nHeight == 1)
    {
       nSubsidy = 200000000 * COIN;
    }
    // Subsidy is cut in half every 1051200 blocks, which will occur approximately every 1 year
    nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 1051200); // Aliencoin: 1.0512mil blocks in ~1 year

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

There's no max supply configured here.

The first block is worth 200 million (how this was an mistake, is beyond me, the dev had to input that number there).
The following 299 coins are worth 0.0001 a piece,
after that each block is worth 40.
There's also the mechanism that halves the block reward every 1051200 blocks.

However, there is this:

Code:
static const int64 MAX_MONEY = 200000000 * COIN; // Aliencoin: maximum of 200M coins

Pages:
Jump to: