Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Nxt to NEX Buy In - Exchange 1 Nxt for 50 NEX (MODERATED) - page 14. (Read 21738 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I'm revising my original 500Nxt pledge to just 50Nxt =2500 Nex
reason is Nex is not gonna be a Nxt clone as you originally announced (and many pledged their nxt based on that asumption).
I appreciate that you are now trying to do something different/better as you say but it won't be easy and if you pull it off will take too much time.
also closing the original thread cos you couldn't moderate it made me more cautious
gl

Extee - you might want to change your mind again! NEX will be a Nxt clone with only one or two changes:

No just straight clone.

Maybe just the address to the way bitcoin does it..... maybe just that.

Or if easy,  replace also the persistence implementation.

Replace persistence after first release.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

(1) No database.
(2) Poor wallet security.
(3) Insecure proof of stake scheme.
(4) Difficult address formatting.
(5) Closed source
(6) Anonymous founder and anonymous developers
(7) 21 BTC buy 100% of 1 billion coins,  how fair is that?
(Cool Uneven distribution,  4 guys have like 70% of all the coins.

Please let us know what NEX will do compared to NXT.

(1 ) What database will you implement? What programming language btw.?
-> LevelDB.  Java
(2 ) How is the proposed security mechanism? Some pseudo-code would be nice.
-> Bitcoin like Wallet
(3 ) How is the currently implemented PoS insecure? How do you intend to improve it? Give some technical details please.
-> Hybrid with Proof of Burn
(4 ) How is the address space of NEX designed?
-> NEX id is just the public key of the user pass phrase.   There is no checksum.  There is no user recognizable identifier that it is a NEX id.  Public key therefore can be hacked because pass pass phrase follows human patterns.
(5 ) Where did you upload the alpha version of NEX? It's open from the beginning I assume, right?
-> When available, we will people know.
(6 ) You are Carlos Perez, correct? Who are your developers?
-> Carlos Perez is the lead developer.
(7 ) You plan to rise 1 Mio NXT as buyin,  how is that fair compared to the 21 BTCs?
-> We limit the amount of NXT you can buy.  We keep it open until all 1 million is consumed.   We do not close it early.
(8 ) How will you defend issuing NEX to the same guys (sockpuppet problem)? What will be your stake in NEX? What stakes will your partners and developers get?
-> We have are engaging several partners and this has yet to be determines.  The final distribution will be let know before a single NXT cent is spent.  Oh... sorry... did not realize that NXT doesn't have decimal places.

Best of luck with your Nxt.

-> LevelDB.  Java

thanks

(3 ) How is the currently implemented PoS insecure? How do you intend to improve it? Give some technical details please.

How is it insecure?

Details?

-> NEX id is just the public key of the user pass phrase.   There is no checksum.  There is no user recognizable identifier that it is a NEX id.  Public key therefore can be hacked because pass pass phrase follows human patterns.

Ok

(5 ) Where did you upload the alpha version of NEX? It's open from the beginning I assume, right?

ok, eta (weeks? months? years?)

thanks, founder=lead developer=carlos perez
CV?
other devs? still a bit foggy elsewise...

(7 ) You plan to rise 1 Mio NXT as buyin,  how is that fair compared to the 21 BTCs?
-> We limit the amount of NXT you can buy.  We keep it open until all 1 million is consumed.   We do not close it early.

what if you don't reach the million? closing date?

(8 ) How will you defend issuing NEX to the same guys (sockpuppet problem)? What will be your stake in NEX? What stakes will your partners and developers get?
-> We have are engaging several partners and this has yet to be determines.  The final distribution will be let know before a single NXT cent is spent.  Oh... sorry... did not realize that NXT doesn't have decimal places.

open: How will you defend issuing NEX to the same guys (sockpuppet problem)?

Oh, flattering, but NXT is not mine at all, but I think NXT is great nevertheless!
rb2
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
1000 Nxt if this materialises
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

(1) No database.
(5) Closed source
(7) 21 BTC buy 100% of 1 billion coins,  how fair is that?
(Cool Uneven distribution,  4 guys have like 70% of all the coins.

-> LevelDB.  Java
-> Bitcoin like Wallet
-> NEX id is just the public key of the user pass phrase.   There is no checksum.  There is no user recognizable identifier that it is a NEX id.  Public key therefore can be hacked because pass pass phrase follows human patterns.
(7 ) You plan to rise 1 Mio NXT as buyin,  how is that fair compared to the 21 BTCs?
-> We limit the amount of NXT you can buy.  We keep it open until all 1 million is consumed.   We do not close it early.
-> We have are engaging several partners and this has yet to be determines.  The final distribution will be let know before a single NXT cent is spent.  Oh... sorry... did not realize that NXT doesn't have decimal places.

Activity: 56
50 NXT for 2500 NEX pledged.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
I'm revising my original 500Nxt pledge to just 50Nxt =2500 Nex
reason is Nex is not gonna be a Nxt clone as you originally announced (and many pledged their nxt based on that asumption).
I appreciate that you are now trying to do something different/better as you say but it won't be easy and if you pull it off will take too much time.
also closing the original thread cos you couldn't moderate it made me more cautious
gl

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

(1) No database.
(5) Closed source
(7) 21 BTC buy 100% of 1 billion coins,  how fair is that?
(Cool Uneven distribution,  4 guys have like 70% of all the coins.

(7 ) You plan to rise 1 Mio NXT as buyin,  how is that fair compared to the 21 BTCs?

I'm looking forward to your honest and detailed answers.

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I would like to go in for 2500 NXT
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I just PM'ed and would like to invest 10,000 NXT.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
Friction add my cap to 2000 NXT
Activity: 30
This is the FAIR distribution (100% proof of stake) that the Nxt folks are so proud of:
170486123 <--- 170 million Nxt

Looks like 9 guys have a lot of stake. 

170 mega account didn't belong to anyone, it was used for unclaimed coins, they were being given to their owners till 3 January.

Hmmmm....  okay.... still you have 8 accounts that is 40%.   What about those accounts.  Who did it go to?
He blurred something, that is ,the NXT owner are far far fewer than BTC, let alone USD.
ever though bitcoin is 0.005% holding 28%, it's sill more more more than NXT's  counterpart.
0.001% Americans has 30% USD, that is  Americans' population × 0.001%,maybe (I guess)  more than all of NXT owner.
legendary
This is the FAIR distribution (100% proof of stake) that the Nxt folks are so proud of:

170 mega account didn't belong to anyone, it was used for unclaimed coins, they were being given to their owners till 3 January.

Hmmmm....  okay.... still you have 8 accounts that is 40%.   What about those accounts.  Who did it go to?
to everyone who paid 1 Bitcoin

Okay... did the original devs get any coin?   Is so,  how much?

Q:    how many bitcoins are you going to contribute? (Are you going to keep the coins you contributed yourself?  Or you will take a creator cut (certain %)
BCNext::    I don't know how much I will contribute.  This depends on the price of Bitcoin and some other factors.  These bitcoins, like the others, will be used to pay bounties for development.  No creator cut.

What happened with the 21 Bitcoins?

Bitcoins were required to determine how to split the stake among founders. That's why BCNext asked for tiny amounts. These bitcoins were used to fund development but they covered only part of expenses. When people talk about Nxt IPO they forget about this important detail.  21 Bitcoins were used as a token amount. They didn’t represent any real world development costs.  BCNext did everything only for the people, not for the money.

The original funding period was open for over a month and a half.  That was more than enough time for everyone who wanted to invest to invest.  The only reason he only collected 21 BTC was because there was very little interest.  No matter when the IPO period ends there will always be people who are "left out".  You could conduct the IPO over a period of a thousand years and there would still be people "left out".

Do you have text that explains the 170 million unclaimed.   
Activity: 490
Merit: 504

Hmmmm....  okay.... still you have 8 accounts that is 40%.   What about those accounts.  Who did it go to?

Okay... did the original devs get any coin?   Is so,  how much?

Q:    how many bitcoins are you going to contribute? (Are you going to keep the coins you contributed yourself?  Or you will take a creator cut (certain %)
BCNext::    I don't know how much I will contribute.  This depends on the price of Bitcoin and some other factors.  These bitcoins, like the others, will be used to pay bounties for development.  No creator cut.

What happened with the 21 Bitcoins?

Bitcoins were required to determine how to split the stake among founders. That's why BCNext asked for tiny amounts. These bitcoins were used to fund development but they covered only part of expenses. When people talk about Nxt IPO they forget about this important detail.  21 Bitcoins were used as a token amount. They didn’t represent any real world development costs.  BCNext did everything only for the people, not for the money.

The original funding period was open for over a month and a half.  That was more than enough time for everyone who wanted to invest to invest.  The only reason he only collected 21 BTC was because there was very little interest.  No matter when the IPO period ends there will always be people who are "left out".  You could conduct the IPO over a period of a thousand years and there would still be people "left out".

legendary

Hmmmm....  okay.... still you have 8 accounts that is 40%.   What about those accounts.  Who did it go to?

Okay... did the original devs get any coin?   Is so,  how much?

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Put me down!

10,000 nxt
legendary

This is a real and fair Nxt distribution, do not listen to his liar.

legendary

This is a graph of the original NXT distribution.  73 accounts.

Here are the numbers:

49875751  <-- Did he pay in?
49875751  <-- Did he pay in?
49875751 <-- Did he pay in?
49875751 <-- Did he pay in? Yup, 50million each
Pages:
Jump to: