Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [NYZO] Nyzo (Nyzo.co) | Proof of diversity | Fairly distributed | Original - page 8. (Read 7227 times)

Activity: 577
Merit: 314
Time will tell.

Soon it will be visible to coinmarketcap.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Still cant believe ho wonder the radar this project is.  Grin

This is a new different model that is progressing at a steady pace, i cant wait to see what it will look like in 6 months , let alone in a year from now.
My humble opinion is that PoD will have a positive impact in the cryptosphere. Anyway if you guys still haven't cheked the project out, you definitely  should , head on over to the NYZO discord and read about this wonderful innovation

Activity: 324
Merit: 261
why BT thread activity is so low, is discord taking over for every coin community?

The developers don't run anything concerning the community. The telegram, discord, this thread, reddit, etc all by members of Nyzo
Activity: 577
Merit: 314
Probably because the general trend is still in ICOs.

Exchanges are hosting their own launchpad nowadays.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 158
why BT thread activity is so low, is discord taking over for every coin community?

that is the dilemma nowadays. most of the progress updates are conveyed either in telegram or discord or other social media channels. and i don't usually join a channel as it will just clutter my life. i got interested on this project because they said they have original code. very few are now trying to create their own code. most are just copy-and-paste with minor alterations. but wondering why people are not interested in an original work so to speak?
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
Activity: 199
Merit: 101
Team
Team is anonymous, we don’t even know for sure if it’s one or multiple persons. Nyzo is not a privacy coin so we must look at this as a red flag.

Nyzo devs created genesis block which contained total Nyzo supply of 100,000,000 coins. 20% or 20,000,000 coins has been set aside and is used as incentive for verifiers to participate in the mesh while the network is new. These coins will be distributed over the period of 6 years. The idea is that after the initial period, the network will be large enough to support verifiers solely from transaction fees which are awarded for processing transactions. Transaction fee is fixed at 0.25%, regardless of transaction size.

The other 80% is problematic, it is controlled by Nyzo team and can be used as they please since it is not locked. Huge red flag since it is effectively 80% premine. We don’t see any justifiable reason for doing this.

https://myaltcoins.info/nyzo-review/
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
project looks very interesting.
let's see if I can get some OTC.
Activity: 1
1. Is there a block size limit set? How many transactions could fit in the single Nyzo block atm? And what would be theoretical maximum throughput?

2. Isn't the current state of new verifier entries too slow? There are only about 500 verifiers in the mesh now and the waiting list is like half a year.

3. Is there a proper windows/linux wallet in the pipeline?

Most of these questions are answered in this article:
https://myaltcoins.info/nyzo-review/
can i use Virtual host? is it have to work on vps?

anything with ubuntu and has 24/7 uptime but a vps would be a lot more expensive
Activity: 31
1. Is there a block size limit set? How many transactions could fit in the single Nyzo block atm? And what would be theoretical maximum throughput?

2. Isn't the current state of new verifier entries too slow? There are only about 500 verifiers in the mesh now and the waiting list is like half a year.

3. Is there a proper windows/linux wallet in the pipeline?
Activity: 6
can i use Virtual host? is it have to work on vps?
Activity: 2
I'd suggest starting with the white paper. We still need to get a lot more documentation out there, but the white paper lays the foundation. For instance, there is no block reward, because there's no mining. We have transaction fees only, and we have "seed transactions" to bootstrap the blockchain until organic transaction volume is sufficient to make verification worthwhile.

To address one specific question, though, all verifiers are only allowed in by the current cycle of verifiers voting them in, and the rate is strictly controlled by the proof system. At a cycle length of 500, fewer than 13 verifiers can join the cycle per day, and the rate at which new verifiers can join decreases as the cycle length increases. So, if order for someone to take over the cycle, the current verifiers would have to actively vote in the person trying to take it over, and they would have to do so for a very, very long time.
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
It is exciting, following since long even before this thread.
Seems promising but agree its complex for new users to get the coins, if they don't want to buy.

Where I can see details like whats current supply, what will be total supply, block reward, supply emission, earning per node(calculator)?

Also, can we have simple guides to set up nodes for all operating systems so that more and more users can overboard?

Also, lets say currently network have 500 nodes, what if someone start next 5000 nodes, at that point they will have control of nodes over 75%, can they hack the blockchain to write in blocks whatever they want. Is it possible and if yes, how it can be handled.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 6
I've put together a guide on how to set up a Nyzo node easily and securely, with some extras on getting it to work properly.
Hope to see you all on the mesh! Try not to pick too goofy of a nickname  Roll Eyes

can you hand by hand on youtube? Grin
Activity: 29
How long is the wait to get into the mesh? I have been waiting a long time now.
Pages:
Jump to: