Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [NYZO] Nyzo (Nyzo.co) | Proof of diversity | Fairly distributed | Original - page 9. (Read 7227 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I've put together a guide on how to set up a Nyzo node easily and securely, with some extras on getting it to work properly.
Hope to see you all on the mesh! Try not to pick too goofy of a nickname  Roll Eyes

thank you ,but my English is not well, it's not easy to set.
Activity: 6
I've put together a guide on how to set up a Nyzo node easily and securely, with some extras on getting it to work properly.
Hope to see you all on the mesh! Try not to pick too goofy of a nickname  Roll Eyes

which command should i have to set the wallet KEYs ?
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I have still waited for response from NYZO team about the block duration (7 seconds).
HOpe that the team will reply soon.
7-second block is too fast and risky for the network's health.
Activity: 58
if I'm not mistaken Nyzo doesn't do pre-sale, ico or other sales and also doesn't do mining. so I'm confused, how can I get Nyzo, what should I do?

You can set up verifiers. Instructions are on github: https://github.com/n-y-z-o/nyzoVerifier/blob/master/README.md

There’s also an otc channel on the discord.
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
if I'm not mistaken Nyzo doesn't do pre-sale, ico or other sales and also doesn't do mining. so I'm confused, how can I get Nyzo, what should I do?
Activity: 2
I have still waited for response from NYZO team about the block duration (7 seconds).
HOpe that the team will reply soon.
7-second block is too fast and risky for the network's health.

I haven't seen any emails come in with questions about the block duration; even checked the spam folder. If you would like to converse over email, could you try to send it again? The email is [email protected]. I personally enjoy the theoretical questions immensely.  Smiley

Also, if we'd like to carry on the conversation here, I'll start.  Wink  With a proof-of-work (or proof-of-just-about-anything blockchain), a 7-second block time would be a bad choice, in my opinion. I'd enjoy the engineering challenge of trying to make it work, but I think that you would be dedicating so little resources to any particular block, due to the amazingly short duration, that it would result in an unnecessarily weak system. Thoughtful engineering can only do so much to overcome a fundamentally poor design.

Proof of diversity is very different, though. In most blockchains (speaking very generally here), we use cryptographic signatures to secure transactions, but then we use proof of some sort of resource (computing power, hard drive space, with some modulations like proof-of-stake) to secure the blockchain. In proof of diversity, we also use cryptographic signatures to secure the blockchain. We have rules that govern how quickly we allow new verifiers into the blockchain, and the only valuable signatures are the ones produced by verifiers that have managed to get into the current cycle.

Not only does proof of diversity provide a clear definition of which keys may sign blocks, it also provides a clear order in which those keys must sign blocks. We have a scoring system that defines the optimum block for any height, and we have an automatic consensus system that allows the verifiers to agree which block to "freeze" at a height. When a block is frozen in Nyzo, that block is final and cannot be removed from the blockchain. In order to freeze a block, we must have 75% of in-cycle verifiers vote for that block (to avoid a less-than-50% sabotage of the blockchain, there is a manual override for this down to 50%, but that would be an exceptional circumstance). Nyzo verifiers don't start working on the next block in the chain until the block before it is frozen, so if Nyzo is extending a version of the blockchain, that version of the blockchain has 75% or more of the weight of the cycle behind it. Whether this is done in 7 seconds or 10 minutes doesn't have any effect on the strength of the blockchain.

There are some very real engineering issues associated with such a short block time. I'll save discussion of those for another post, though.  Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
7 second block duration, so how the network can deal with potential replay attacks.
Shorter block time, less confirmations required for transactions.
So, I think it is too risky for such terrible 51% attacks.
Activity: 324
Merit: 261
Activity: 1
Hope to see you all on the mesh! Try not to pick too goofy of a nickname  Roll Eyes

Activity: 2
It looks so great Smiley

I am a novice here

I wonder what the differences between Nyzos and other blockchains, how do you promise the Nyzos will be more produced and more diversity?

There is no very speciality for the beginners? I think that would be hard to keep the mesh going

Is that mean 2.7million Nyzos will be given, and that would be more equitable to split, can u tell me the approximate Nyzos I can get in 6 years ? Is there a formula kind of?

What is Nyzos final goal?
Activity: 29
Where can we see the proof of diversity code?

There is a link to our Github in the ANN.

Is there a specific java file that refers to how the "queue" or waitlist of verifiers waiting to join in are handled? I assume its not only to do with timestamp, but some more variables.
brand new
Activity: 0
We are very happy that the latest mining coins and POS coins can join our big exchange, a wonderful start!

Because we focus on MINING coins and POS coins, MNcoin  , all coin trading. look forward to a wonderful start!

Great project, looking forward  a pleasant cooperation, we want to list you coin on our exchange . A great start, search MXshine!

www.mxshine.com 

[email protected]

https://t.me/mxshine

https://twitter.com/MXshineExchange

https://www.facebook.com/MXshineExchange

Add coin:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9x2oF2Y8BSWrkD1N9RmHDqYquiA3kWjUDxpTWp4bz2DLhrQ/viewform
Activity: 171
Merit: 105

There is a link to our Github in the ANN.
Is this the official thread?

There are a couple more floating around, but this is to be considered the official thread.
Looks cool, gonna check it out.

So you only have to run a $7 a month AWS server full-time in order to receive coins? Nice

Yes. Using the specifications we have provided on our Github, you'll be paying around $7-$10 per month for one instance on AWS.

There are a couple more floating around, but this is to be considered the official thread.
Activity: 324
Merit: 261
Looks cool, gonna check it out.

So you only have to run a $7 a month AWS server full-time in order to receive coins? Nice

The Highly Efficient Blockchain for Everyday Spending

Fast: 7-second block duration
Scalable: can support thousands of transactions per second
Sustainable: includes a plan for immunity technological obsolescence
Democratic: will be 100% community controlled within one year
Open-source: all-new, concise, readable code
Secure: blockchain is independently mathematically verifiable

Nyzo was developed from the ground up to explore blockchain technology in an approachable, accessible manner. The source is simple and easy to read. The design of the blockchain and mesh are also simple and clearly explained in the white paper. Instead of layering complex fixes on top of a flawed design or adding elaborate features, we focused on the foundational technology of the blockchain to build a system that just works.

Nyzo uses a collaborative verification system that requires neither proof of work nor proof of stake. There is no mining. Simply participating in the Mesh gives a Node the opportunity to verify transactions, and the queuing system is designed so that transaction fees are distributed equitably to all participants. Very little computational power is required of a node, and having superior computational power will not allow a node to gain a larger share of transaction fees.
Pages:
Jump to: