Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ODIN | NO ICO | Privacy Mobile App | Masternodes - page 10. (Read 3139 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
After all this talk about privacy in your whitepaper and how important it is you guys chose to do a requirement for KYC/AML to claim a token swap! I really feel like it's a scam now.

The explanation given makes no sense, at least make a maximum limit for KYC/AML, for example $10,000 and up or something like that.

This is a great way to lose support. 
Activity: 42
Been a long road but man am I excited to see the future of this project! Also if you're new JOIN THE DISCORD! Great community!
Activity: 1

Excited to be a part of this. I'm looking forward to the future of blockchain and seeing what happens Smiley
Activity: 8
You guys have completely lost the plot with your ODN to ODIN verification.    

Requesting people provide Photo and Address ID for a Coinswap is insane.   KYC is to do with money being from legitimate sources, requesting this information for a swap is beyond the pale.  

The provider you are planning to use, Shuftipro, has also made no declaration with regards to GDPR compliance.  If any of this information is leaked, for any purpose, you become untouchable by any legitimate exchange, due to the potential repercussions.  

The process you have done this claim on is also extremely shady, and not upfront - putting this Government ID and Address Verification after people have registered, locked in their ODN, and linked in emails and phone numbers.

I have spent a long time protecting my privacy to prevent myself being a target - as have others, and I would have done things extremely differently if you had acted in an upfront, straightforward manner.  Now I have no choice but to sell whatever I have left at cut rate prices, along with the locked ODIN claim account, to someone willing to do the KYC and risk getting their information revealed for a gain significantly below verifying yourself on a big exchange.

I appreciate your lengthy reply as it shows an honest interest or conversation topic on your end. I'd like to help provide more context here regarding the requirement to provide additional PII in order to continue with the "airdrop". I say airdrop in quotes because this release is more akin to an airdrop where legitimate holders of Obsidian can receive ODIN but onto a different wallet / blockchain. There are still plans for Obsidian and community members that have been i contact to step up and run some interesting projects.

Now onto this Identity Verification we decided to require...

We had plans in the beginning to run a KYC/AML check for people looking to receive a large amount of ODIN (the amount would be variable based on how many people that would be). This was because Obsidian was unfortunately ridden with bad actors early on and we wanted to ensure ODIN had as clean of a start as possible. This would allow us to filter out people who should not necessarily have a large stake in ODIN's future because we want ODIN to be owned by the majority than the few.

As this release got closer and we began to assess how many requests there actually were, the spread of amounts, and the tightening rules and regulations most cryptocurrency exchanges require to list coins we decided to do a blanket KYC/AML check to ensure we could use this as additional leverage when approaching future exchanges. This last minute requirement was indeed last minute because we wanted to ensure any bad actors had little time to plan or react to these changes.

About Data Retention and User Privacy

As far as your declaration about Shuftipro not having any declaration of their GDPR compliance, I would like to provide you this link I found after a quick search for the keywords "shuftipro" and "gdpr": https://shuftipro.com/compliance-and-regulations/gdpr/

I would also like to happily state that users have already successfully reached out to them, and we have provided information on our end to help ensure their data is wiped from their servers. According to Shuftipro, all submissions are stored for a max of two years unless you reach out to their support manually. On our end, we are purging ALL ODIN Portal information by November 14, 2018 and will provide proof of this happening.

Finally I would like to clarify that ODIN carries forward the goal of being a Data Security and User Privacy advocate and we will do everything we can to push our claim and prove our claim. We want to build and support applications / services that build on-top of our ethos and utilize either all or part of the blockchain for this. I admire your desire for complete anonymization and preventing yourself as a target and we will work towards destroying all records we control as well as any link that a Shuftipro submission has towards an ODIN request. Even if you do not tell Shuftipro to remove your data within the next two years, your data on Shuftipro has no way of linking back to any request. The two are completely separate and this is why (along with other reasons) we wanted to use a third-party provider for this service.

--
I hope this helps clear up any confusion or concerns you, or others might have about ODIN and this whole process!

ONWARDS ~ Pixxl
Great project and active team. You should join the discord server as well!  Smiley
Activity: 2
promising project  Wink
Looking good so far, keep it up.  Cool
Really looking forward to this project! Keep up the good work team. Wallet looks fantastic and excited for the months to come!
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
You guys have completely lost the plot with your ODN to ODIN verification.    

Requesting people provide Photo and Address ID for a Coinswap is insane.   KYC is to do with money being from legitimate sources, requesting this information for a swap is beyond the pale.  

The provider you are planning to use, Shuftipro, has also made no declaration with regards to GDPR compliance.  If any of this information is leaked, for any purpose, you become untouchable by any legitimate exchange, due to the potential repercussions.  

The process you have done this claim on is also extremely shady, and not upfront - putting this Government ID and Address Verification after people have registered, locked in their ODN, and linked in emails and phone numbers.

I have spent a long time protecting my privacy to prevent myself being a target - as have others, and I would have done things extremely differently if you had acted in an upfront, straightforward manner.  Now I have no choice but to sell whatever I have left at cut rate prices, along with the locked ODIN claim account, to someone willing to do the KYC and risk getting their information revealed for a gain significantly below verifying yourself on a big exchange.

Cry
Coin has been promoted at BitDiscuss

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

BitDiscuss - Cryptohead's community

In this Discord server, we discuss everything about cryptocurrency and the ways of making money out of it.
You can find every section about cryptos here - from mining to ICOs, from trading to airdrops..

+We have crypto rains and soaks - Join and receive Doges now! http://bitdiscuss.xyz/

Join us: https://discord.gg/RR9hBjb
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hi there, key information you are asking is right here:

Circulating supply estimated under 85M
Total Foundation 15% or less over time
Masternodes require 25,000 ODIN

Thank you for your interest.
Activity: 266

Introducing an Obsidian Platform initiative
The ODIN Blockchain

Obsidian Platform (OPL) has supported the development of ODIN, a fork of Phore, which will be released before the end of September 2018.

After months of hard work behind the scenes, we can now reveal the initial ODIN whitepaper.

After supporting Obsidian (ODN) for over a year, and observing the rapid evolution of the blockchain landscape, it became apparent we could become much more than merely a platform hosting a decentralized messenger. We could become the framework where developers could design, build and create their own decentralized applications. A true open source, collaborative, privacy-oriented mobile-first platform: This is how ODIN came to be.

Besides the ODIN whitepaper, we have soft-launched our ODIN claim portal.

Legitimate Obsidian (ODN) coin holders will be able to claim x2.5 ODIN for each ODN they hold. In addition, the foundation will never hold more than 15% of the total ODIN coin supply. After the community ODIN claim is complete, all remaining coins will be burned.

Please provide more information about the project: total supply, algo and dev team, ...
ODIN Airdrop Portal - Important Information

ODIN Airdrop registrations to claim ODIN are open. If you want to get an additional bonus on your claim, you will need to lock-in your balance by Friday 14th September.

ODIN is distributed fairly to over 1000 individuals from the community via an airdrop. The ODIN blockchain is funded privately via a donation to the community, to help establish the foundation technologies and support the community and overall ODIN vision.

Join the ODIN Telegram to talk directly with our community.
Activity: 70
VALHALLAAA
What are this project's competitors? Does any other crypto platform have a focus on mobile Dapps? This appears to be an untapped market.

AFAIK Status is a mobile dApp (is it Dapp, or dApp haha) platform. Theirs focuses on Ethereum based smart contracts. I think they've been building a nice framework and would love to see what the experience is there. That said, their platform is the mobile app, whereas ODIN is striving to help build Proof-of-Concepts, Prototypes, and Working Products that will be open-sourced (so others on our platform can extend upon or build from) that target the ever growing mobile audience. This is our "Mobile First" approach that modern websites also are taking. Usability and User Experience are key to mainstream usage and we want to offer that polished experience.
Hi there thank you. The links should all work, here are some for your convenience.

ODIN Blockchain website - odinblockchain.org
ODIN Community Wiki on Github - ODIN Community Wiki

ODIN CHAT, our flagship privacy messenger app - ODIN.CHAT

Early (2018) version of the community-written ODIN Whitepaper
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
I would like to learn more about your platform for developing mobile applications, but the link to your site for some reason does not work?
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
I'm really looking forward to this project going live. It has really come a long way since the launch of Obsidian. However, now we get to see all the progress that has been made since the beginning of this year. Very exciting times ahead for ODIN, and I can't wait till the redemption process is over.
Activity: 17
What are this project's competitors? Does any other crypto platform have a focus on mobile Dapps? This appears to be an untapped market.
Excited to be part of this project and lead the experience for end users! Onwards!
Pages:
Jump to: