Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 45. (Read 282664 times)

Activity: 303
Merit: 250
Is there anywhere to earn Novacoins for writing or reviews or anything like that?
This sounds like Devcoins to me.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Is there anywhere to earn Novacoins for writing or reviews or anything like that?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
9 days remaining to protocol switch (20.09.2013).

The following limitations will be removed:

• PoW blocks ECDSA signature;
  • 0.01 NVC outpoint value limit for coinbase transaction;
  • Stake rewards truncation, caused by integer division.

legendary
Compile from GitHub I can not.

ZeroTest.h missing during make.

Solution?
Fixed.

I think the Bitcoin Foundation knows this and that's why they've not made zerocoin implementation a priority.
It's not a priority for us too. Just another feature, which planned to be implemented. I don't think that ZeroCoin will be available in the production network at this year, it needs the prolonged testing on the testnet. Because it's too new technology for implementing in the production network. By the way, I already found and fixed some small issues in the original libzerocoin code.
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
Compile from GitHub I can not.

ZeroTest.h missing during make.

Solution?
Activity: 364
People need to wake up and realize zerocoin implementation will invite increased legal scrutiny, especially from the US.  And that there is a chance some businesses, and most likely in the financial services industry, will close their doors to a digital currency with full anonymity.  Zerocoin is not all a good thing.  There are risks...

-Merc
You are killing the main idea of decentralized cryptocurrency. People need to wake up and remember why Bitcoin was created. It's created to take down "regulatory measures" and another shitty things. If you are disagree, then USD would be much simpler to use.

yes, I agree.  What I'm saying is those institutions imposing the regulatory measures won't just go down without a fight...the first coin to implement zerocoin could very well end up being the sacrificial lamb.  This is what I meant when I said there are risks.  I think the Bitcoin Foundation knows this and that's why they've not made zerocoin implementation a priority.
legendary
People need to wake up and realize zerocoin implementation will invite increased legal scrutiny, especially from the US.  And that there is a chance some businesses, and most likely in the financial services industry, will close their doors to a digital currency with full anonymity.  Zerocoin is not all a good thing.  There are risks...

-Merc
You are killing the main idea of decentralized cryptocurrency. People need to wake up and remember why Bitcoin was created. It's created to take down "regulatory measures" and another shitty things. If you are disagree, then USD would be much simpler to use.
Activity: 470
There are risks...

Absolutely, but it's a matter of principle. Anonymity should have been built into Bitcoin from the very beginning, just like e-mail should have been encrypted from the very beginning. I'm not a criminal, I just don't want everybody to be able to read my emails and scrutinize my finances. Criminals already know how to maintain their anonymity with cryptocoins, and the biggest of them even use the banking system to launder their money. Anonymity should be the norm, a human right, not something to be afraid about. If ZeroCoin scares you then sell your NVC.
Activity: 364
I'm doing this myself, without connections with ZeroCoin and the rest of NVC developers.

You're not the only one:

Zerocoin implementation begins. We have finally obtained contact with the zercoin creators and are now  likely to be the first coin to get zercoin implemented. Their, as well as our developer teams are eager to get a working proof-of-concept running as soon as possible.

https://anoncoin.net//

People need to wake up and realize zerocoin implementation will invite increased legal scrutiny, especially from the US.  And that there is a chance some businesses, and most likely in the financial services industry, will close their doors to a digital currency with full anonymity.  Zerocoin is not all a good thing.  There are risks...

-Merc
legendary
I'm doing this myself, without connections with ZeroCoin and the rest of NVC developers.

You're not the only one:

Zerocoin implementation begins. We have finally obtained contact with the zercoin creators and are now  likely to be the first coin to get zercoin implemented. Their, as well as our developer teams are eager to get a working proof-of-concept running as soon as possible.

https://anoncoin.net//
legendary
Why?
Because I don't want to complicate Proof-of-Stake signatures format. Also there are a few ideological reasons, eventually Proof-of-Work will be reserved as a tool for ZeroCoin transactions handling.

Are you working with the ZeroCoin developers or are you doing this independently?

unfortunately i dont have much of them because they are so "expensive" Cheesy
Buying isn't necessary to get some coins. You can mine or set up your own pool with a small %.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
zerocoin implementation in NVC? great Smiley this will drive the price much higher. unfortunately i dont have much of them because they are so "expensive" Cheesy
https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin/wiki/Zerocoin-transactions

5) Only Proof-of-Work miners will be allowed to include ZeroCoin mint/spend transactions.

Why?

At your rate of progress you'll have ZeroCoin integrated before I'm finished reading the paper. Smiley
Are you working with the ZeroCoin developers or are you doing this independently?
legendary
P.S. Thinking about the ZeroCoin integration.  Roll Eyes

That would be awesome. The lack of built-in anonymity is probably the biggest shortcoming of Novacoin.

http://zerocoin.org/
Pseudonimity could be enough, but I partially agree with this sentence. ZeroCoin is a big leap and needs a lot of testing, so it will be implemented for the testnet only... For the first time, at least.

https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin/commit/c0f84a8b255f8c22fa8dae4da335830e71e8d0ca#commitcomment-4040799

The work just begun. Smiley
ZeroCoin is a big leap and needs a lot of testing, so it will be implemented for the testnet only

That's great. Let us know when it's ready and I'll help with testing. I'll read the ZeroCoin paper in the meantime, it looks like it will keep me busy for a while...
legendary

That would be awesome. The lack of built-in anonymity is probably the biggest shortcoming of Novacoin.

Pseudonimity could be enough, but I partially agree with this sentence. ZeroCoin is a big leap and needs a lot of testing, so it will be implemented for the testnet only... For the first time, at least.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
i installed the Mac wallet and i password encrypted my wallet do i need special command for POS minting?
You can't generate blocks with encrypted wallet in locked state. If you wish to generate blocks, then you need to unlock your wallet.

Help -> Debug Window

Then switch to RPC console tab and run this command:

Code:
walletpassphrase VeryStrongPasswordDoNotUseMe123 86400 true

86400 is unlock time in seconds

Thank you so much
Pages:
Jump to: