Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 48. (Read 282664 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
TestNet explorer added due to user request.

http://novacoin.ru/chain/NovaCoin_TEST

Please note that NovaCoin testnet has much faster life cycle than production network:

• nBits limit is 0x1f00ffff (in MainNet nBits limit is 0x1e0fffff)
  • StakeMinAge is 2 hours
  • ModifierInterval is 20 minutes
  • CoinbaseMaturity is 20 blocks
  • Target blocks spacing is 5 minutes
legendary
A little patch was applied to StratumServer, to improve 0.4.4 compatibility.

https://github.com/CryptoManiac/stratum-mining
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
Out of curiosity, why the public key?
It's because of current protocol limitations. Public key disclosure required due to blocks signing procedure.

And isn't BitBar the same way?
BitBar is NVC clone, so you are correct. Roll Eyes

Ah gotcha.

And yeah, I kind of assumed that when you do a getinfo it still says NVC in the build, lol.

legendary
It's because of current protocol limitations. Public key disclosure required due to blocks signing procedure.

BitBar is NVC clone, so you are correct. Roll Eyes
legendary
The Real Jude Austin
I have added Novacoin to P2Pool.org.

Check it out!

Happy mining!
+1

But i should warn you that current NVC p2pool implementation requires a public key, not an address.

Well that could become an issue!

The user has to use their public key correct?

I need to make a little tutorial for users of P2Pool.org who want to mine Novacoin.

Some basics available here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2415882

Btw, there are few protocol changes will be activated since 20 Sep 2013. It will allow us to make P2Pool usage significantly easier.

Ah nice!

Just wondering why the public key has to be used instead of an address.
legendary

Check it out!

Happy mining!
+1

But i should warn you that current NVC p2pool implementation requires a public key, not an address.

I need to make a little tutorial for users of P2Pool.org who want to mine Novacoin.

Some basics available here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2415882

Btw, there are few protocol changes will be activated since 20 Sep 2013. It will allow us to make P2Pool usage significantly easier.
legendary
The Real Jude Austin

Check it out!

Happy mining!
+1

legendary

Check it out!

Happy mining!
+1

legendary
The Real Jude Austin

Check it out!

Happy mining!
legendary
legendary
Do we need to enter any command for it? or it is enabled be default ?
It's enabled by default and requires no user actions.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Hello!
How do I use a P-O-S?  Does it require any special actions?

To generate blocks with POS, you must have inputs bigger than 1 NVC and older than 30 days. Probability of block generation (per second) is
Code:
Sum_coins * (Age_days - 30) / (2^32 * POS_diff)

Reward per coinyear is
Code:
(0.03125 / POS_diff)^(1/6) coins

Note that when calculating reward, the coinage is rounded to integer coinyears. That means that if you have input of 10 coins and find a block on 35th day of its age, you will be rewarded for 0.96 coinyears, which rounds to zero.

Do we need to enter any command for it? or it is enabled be default ?
legendary
Important addition: if you are using win32 installer then make sure that 0.4.4pre was removed before 0.4.4 release installation. It's required because installer will not update 0.4.4pre files automatically.

From this release we'll apply new version numbering scheme in order to prevent such problems in the future.

X.Y.Z

• Odd value for Y and Z reserved for unstable branches/releases;
  • Even values means stable branches/releases.

E.g. 0.5.x will be unstable branch, 0.4.5 will be experimental release.
legendary
Sorry, it still doesn't make sense to me. Please explain the meaning of stakeinterest.
The stakeinterest field represents reward for 365 coin*days in satoshi units. I.e. 1000000  value means that you can get 1 NVC (1000000 of satoshis) reward in case if you have

• 1 NVC output with 365 days age
  • 10 NVC output with 36.5 days age
  • etc

That's a good idea, but you must tell us what the upper limit is (not everybody is a programmer).
It's not ready yet, that's why there is no full explanation at the moment, but it's quite simple. Just one example, if you have two options:

• 1000 coins input
  • 10 x 100 coins inputs

there will be no difference in profitability, which is wrong.

Smaller inputs should be prioritized, because it's significantly better for the network, that's why we need this upper limit for the reward. To make sure that there will be no malicious stakeholders, which are able to manipulate by PoS difficulty through using larger inputs instead of smaller ones.
Activity: 470
It's not a bug, it's a real value (1 coin per coin*year now).

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense to me. Please explain the meaning of stakeinterest.

In addition to published changes it also will include this commit.

That's a good idea, but you must tell us what the upper limit is (not everybody is a programmer).
legendary
Bitinvestor

minweight - weight of inputs aged from 30 to 90 days;
maxweight - weight of inputs which are more than 90 days old;
passiveweight - weight of inputs which has age lower than 30 days.

There also seems to be a bug because my client reports this
It's not a bug, it's a real value (1 coin per coin*year now). This caused by two events:

• Minimum PoS difficulty was changed to 0.031 in v0.4.2 client;
  • BTC-e burned available coindays in their wallets by sending all deposits to local address, and switched off the stakes generation feature. We asked BTC-e to perform this action, in order to make network more decentralized. As the result, PoS difficulty went down.

This will be normalized in a next few months.

P.S. 0.4.4pre seems quite stable, so release scheduled for this sunday. In addition to published changes it also will include upper limit for coinstake reward (will be calculated using linear function of PoW reward).
Activity: 470
0.4.4pre is available for testing.

Could you please explain the meaning of minweight, maxweight, and passiveweight?

There also seems to be a bug because my client reports this:
"stakeinterest" : 1000000,
legendary
Hi there, if i have 10 NVC for a week, then i constantly mine a few and send them (only whats mined) to another wallet for two months, will those first 10 blocks count towards POS generation during that time?
Yes, if this transactions will be more than 30 days old. Only transactions with age greater than 30 days could be used for proof-of-stake blocks generation.

P.S. Mac OS X build published, need some testing.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/novacoin/files/NovaCoin-Qt-0.4.4pre.dmg/download
Pages:
Jump to: