Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 9. (Read 282614 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
Layer2 news
VM pattern during creation.
To extend the functionality of existing scripting machines ..
Everyone will be able to write your own script in C, C++, C#, Pascal
And compile it to  bytecode.
https://twitter.com/nvcinvest
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16536315 (russian)
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
0.5.8-81 is an experimental build which was made to test c++11 branch of repository. For general purposes please use 0.5.8 build.

is there somewhere a 0.5.8.deb?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
What is Later2 in russian theme?
It is cryptoplatform in NVC?
Please  clarify the situation about layer2 in NVC.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Did you actually read what Balthazar wrote? You should use 0.5.8 instead of 0.5.8-81.

Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
Guys, apparently my wallet is stuck... It is fully functional,fully synchronized but no stakes!

My last stake was 4 months ago!

WTF?  Huh Huh

I'm using nvc-v0.5.8-81-g63c3d37-bdb-gcc

Any ideas?

I gave up on staking this coin.. no stakes and it has lost some serious value against fiat and btc.

locking away what i havent sold into some peripherals and moving on to greener pastures.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
0.5.8-81 is an experimental build which was made to test c++11 branch of repository. For general purposes please use 0.5.8 build.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

I'm using 0.5.6 and have no problem. Try use older version, i.e. 0.5.6

Are you using the levelDB or the bdb version?

BTW, what's the difference?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Guys, apparently my wallet is stuck... It is fully functional,fully synchronized but no stakes!

WTF?  Huh Huh

Any ideas?
I'm using 0.5.6 and have no problem. Try use older version, i.e. 0.5.6
legendary

WTF?  Huh Huh

Any ideas?
Activity: 182
We added your cryptocurrency.
With respect, the development team of Crypto-trade.
Crypto-Trade – Official Announcement https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-trade-official-announcement-10-fiat-365-crypto-5300-pairs-1604225
Activity: 225
Seems like this coin is on a steady decline for the past year. i think it will just keep dropping. what will hold it up?

I think it's on decline because of stagnation. We're seeing so many new and interesting projects emerge and that is where the money's going, for good or bad. What Novacoin has going for it is a solid base, age, and loyal community. But you can't rest on your laurels in this game. Novacoin is very popular in Russia, so it may very well become the defacto underground currency there. With that in mind, I would like to see anonymizing code added as an option. It seems to be helping Monero gain traction. Law enforcement will not stop in their war against cryptos, so we should at least move to protect Novacoin's user's privacy. Just my thoughts.

Thanks, there are just so many coins. hard to decide which ones to invest in and stake POS. What others do you suggest?

Hi!

I can't predict the future of a particular coin, and I already listed my favourites, although I hold also a few others.

Also, don't take it literally what I was writing. I wanted to point out that I don't see any use cases of crypto that go mainstream other than money and saving. I also think that the idea of distributed autonomous organisation (DAO) is going nowhere. Simply because manufacturers typically require loans to cover their costs to produce something. But loans require trust, which does not exist in cryptoland. And that is just one reason why DAOs will never have any significance.

So I expect that at some point there will be a shift back to the roots of cryptocurrency. Then, Bitcoin will go through the roof and all those premined coins which now have multimillion marketcaps will be left behind.
Unfortunately, too many people have left fairly mined traditional altcoins like Litecoin and Peercoin, and sold their coins, so the distribution of all traditional altcoins is much worse than the distribution of Bitcoin. Except for Bitcoin, 90%-100% of the coins is always on the top 10.000 addresses. This will be an obstacle for them, and Bitcoin might be the only winner.

I always keep 75% of the Bitcoin that I buy with Fiat, and exchange only max. 25% in altcoins, and I would recommend that to everybody. I am at a loss with my altcoins investments, but thanks to my minimum 75% Bitcoin, I am at a profit overall if I sell everything for Fiat now. Which would be a very stupid idea however.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Seems like this coin is on a steady decline for the past year. i think it will just keep dropping. what will hold it up?

Patient investors who like to invest in a secure blockchain and hold their investment for 10 years or more will hold the price up.
These investors don't buy pumped coins, they buy when nobody is watching.

I predict that in 3-5 years, people will realize that money and saving is the only killer app of cryptocurrency and "blockchain".

Buying Ether, Dash and Monero gets you almost no coins for your money.
In 5 years, smart contracts will still not be used for anything meaningful*, while the Ether blockchain will be forked and sharded into dust.
Dash will be plagued by 51% attacks, because all profit goes to the greedy Masternodes and nothing goes to the miners to secure the chain. And Monero's blockchain will have grown to many terrabytes when people realize that privacy is also possible with Bitcoin.

For a retirement bet, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, Novacoin and Decred are much better suitable, although they can go to zero likewise - like anything in the world.

*Except for those smart contracts that are possible with Bitcoin, which are closely related to the money-function of cryptocurrentcy, like Multisignature.

Thanks, there are just so many coins. hard to decide which ones to invest in and stake POS. What others do you suggest?

Patient investors who like to invest in a secure blockchain and hold their investment for 10 years or more will hold the price up.
These investors don't buy pumped coins, they buy when nobody is watching.

I predict that in 3-5 years, people will realize that money and saving is the only killer app of cryptocurrency and "blockchain".

Buying Ether, Dash and Monero gets you almost no coins for your money.
In 5 years, smart contracts will still not be used for anything meaningful*, while the Ether blockchain will be forked and sharded into dust.
Dash will be plagued by 51% attacks, because all profit goes to the greedy Masternodes and nothing goes to the miners to secure the chain. And Monero's blockchain will have grown to many terrabytes when people realize that privacy is also possible with Bitcoin.

For a retirement bet, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, Novacoin and Decred are much better suitable, although they can go to zero likewise - like anything in the world.

*Except for those smart contracts that are possible with Bitcoin, which are closely related to the money-function of cryptocurrentcy, like Multisignature.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
legendary
Activity: 976
Merit: 1003
The latest recommended version of client 0.5.8-10 ...

Launched new copy of the novacoin explorer on https://novacoin.su with mainnet and testnet...

I have got around 1000 Novacoins in stacks of 20-100 Novacoins and stake a block once every few days.

Really? My blocks are bigger and they take a long time to stake! What wallet version are you using?

Same number of coins stakes less often if they are in few big blocks than if they are in many small blocks. The total profit from staking is about the same. With smaller blocks it is just earned in more smaller stakes.

This is a bit complicated to explain. The reason for this behaviour is the 30 day maturation period in which blocks do not stake at all. With bigger blocks, your coins spend more time within that maturation period. With smaller blocks, each individual block stakes later because of the smaller coin day weight. Staking later means spending less time within the 30 day maturation period. So despite each individual block staking later, in total you stake more more often.

I usually get 1-4 Novacoin per block that I stake. Your average reward is probably higher.
You should also avoid having blocks larger than 150 NVC, because they have a greater risk of hitting the max reward cap of 10 NVC.

I can't check my client version right now, I think I am using Novacoin 0.5.6., but it should not matter.
legendary

I have got around 1000 Novacoins in stacks of 20-100 Novacoins and stake a block once every few days.

Really? My blocks are bigger and they take a long time to stake! What wallet version are you using?
Hi folks. Just wondering what happened to NVC, I remember it did US$25 per coin and now it's just US$0.6 almost. Good time to buy? Any developments going on?

Thanks.

Can't tell if it's a good time to buy, but Novacoin is my favourite wallet on my Staking-PC. It is very stable, has a small blockchain, and requires very litte RAM.

Balthazar has improved the client a lot since the launch in February 2013 and he is still around.
Main discussion is in the Russian thread, but since I don't speak Russian I can't tell what's going on there.
Check out also novaco.in.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hi folks. Just wondering what happened to NVC, I remember it did US$25 per coin and now it's just US$0.6 almost. Good time to buy? Any developments going on?

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: