Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ORCACOIN Helping Ocean Conservation - Coin Now IN ITS SECOND YEAR! - page 18. (Read 48840 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Will there be .conf included in the .zip file?

No - this will be posted on the website.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Will there be .conf included in the .zip file?
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
Will the coin now lauched at 6 or 6.30 ?
And where are the pools ?
Only solo mining ?

We were going to allow downloads to start at 6.00pm ready for the launch at 6.30pm.  

However, in order to achieve a fair launch, we are now going to allow downloads from the website to start shortly.  This is to ensure everybody has a chance to download the files ready for the launch at 6.30pm.  The passwords will be posted here at 6.30pm.

We have a pool ready for launch.  Please see the website.  We hope other pools will be created.  We will post all details on the website as we get them.

OSX Wallet?

And why I can't download it? Should I wait one more day or this coin is going to die before it happened?

Every thread I see you in you're unable to read. You even quoted the answer to your own question.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Only solo mining ?

We were going to allow downloads to start at 6.00pm ready for the launch at 6.30pm.  

However, in order to achieve a fair launch, we are now going to allow downloads from the website to start shortly.  This is to ensure everybody has a chance to download the files ready for the launch at 6.30pm.  The passwords will be posted here at 6.30pm.

We have a pool ready for launch.  Please see the website.  We hope other pools will be created.  We will post all details on the website as we get them.

OSX Wallet?

And why I can't download it? Should I wait one more day or this coin is going to die before it happened?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
the only problem is that nobody will donate for these causes. However nice thought and i  hope it does well. You could provide usernames of people that do donate coins for your project kinda hall of fame...

you could ask the pools if they want to be on the OP to charge 2% and give you guys 1% for charities. If it grows to a success i would only mine on a pool that is donating to your causes.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
This coin will be dead within 4-5 weeks but feel free to waste power on his.

Btw OP is this the best op you can make? Don't you think it needs a little more fine tuning or info about your project, vision, future, who you are, if you can fix a coin, if you can guarantee us you are in this for the long term etc etc.

For me it looks like the 100th animal clone coin made by a 13 year old without anything new, just copy pasta. Too boring to mine.

Do not launch this, rethink your project and start over with an awesome idea and launch. This is not going to work.

too generous, more like 1 week
Activity: 995
the three links to the pools on your website are not going.
Please post the working pool here.
OSX Wallet - details on the website. 
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Only solo mining ?

OSX Wallet?
Activity: 714
Skol!
This coin will be dead within 4-5 weeks but feel free to waste power on his.

Btw OP is this the best op you can make? Don't you think it needs a little more fine tuning or info about your project, vision, future, who you are, if you can fix a coin, if you can guarantee us you are in this for the long term etc etc.

For me it looks like the 100th animal clone coin made by a 13 year old without anything new, just copy pasta. Too boring to mine.

Do not launch this, rethink your project and start over with an awesome idea and launch. This is not going to work.

Only solo mining ?

legendary
Can you provide us a link for International Ocean Conservation Organisations because i can't find it on Google!

P.S. Organisations is spelled correctly Organizations!

The developers are based in the UK so we used the usual UK spelling of 'organisations'.  

The Ocean Conservation Organisations that will receive donations are currently:

The Marine Conservation Society, and
The Marine Conservation Institute.

All donations will be logged on the website.

It is hoped to add other Ocean Conservation Charities as the fund grows.   Suggestions are always welcome.  Our contact details are on the website.

The wallets really NEED to be in pass protected zips prior to launch and then on launch the password given out on twitter or on here. This is the standard now for a decent release. To many crap launches where the windows qt does not turn up or else the download links are ddos so nobody can get the file.

Ok we are going to do this.  We are password protecting files now and will allow the download from the website as soon as this is done.  Passwords will be posted at 6.30 pm GMT on this forum.

perhaps better to only upload 1 hour before launch.... less time for brute forcing   use super long complex passwd at least

:=J34goin;=oiet2324gbb;;;dfoiur7h23ufads'jfas

this kind of thing

very good idea though, so many fails due to ddos attacks on websites... can release pass on here or twitter, They find twitter harder to crash Smiley
Activity: 995
Only solo mining ?
Can you provide us a link for International Ocean Conservation Organisations because i can't find it on Google!

The developers are based in the UK so we used the usual UK spelling of 'organisations'.  

It is hoped to add other Ocean Conservation Charities as the fund grows.   Suggestions are always welcome.  Our contact details are on the website.

The wallets really NEED to be in pass protected zips prior to launch and then on launch the password given out on twitter or on here. This is the standard now for a decent release. To many crap launches where the windows qt does not turn up or else the download links are ddos so nobody can get the file.

Ok we are going to do this.  We are password protecting files now and will allow the download from the website as soon as this is done.  Passwords will be posted at 6.30 pm GMT on this forum.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
hope we get somepools
Activity: 96
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
It seems other talked about this

Organization, authorization etc. are the original English spellings pre 1776. This is why the 'Z' is still used all over the USA since any changes to the English Language after that date (American Revolution) by British authorities would have no jurisdiction in the USA.

However to find out which is correct in British English today, all you need to do is look in the Oxford English Dictionary or Oxford Reference Online and you will find that if you are looking for "organisation" or "authorisation", it will say, "see organization" or "see authorization", because the more correct spelling, as far as the academics who compile dictionaries are concerned, is still with a 'Z'! These academics have been fighting a rearguard action over what is sometimes referred to as the "Frenchification" of the English Language where they see no valid reason for the replacement of the 'Z' with an 'S'!

Perhaps the use of the 'S' in Britain comes about because of the softer Southern pronunciation, but whatever the reason most British newspapers will now use the 'S' rather than the 'Z' and this has been so since the 1960's. However I was always taught to use the 'Z' during my UK schooling 50 to 60 years ago.

So both spellings are correct in the UK, but the proliferation of the use of the French 'S' is now so widespread in British publications, that even Australians believe that the 'Z' is American and the 'S' is British!

Mike Cudzich-Madry (British/English despite the Polish name)

source: http://www.englishforums.com/English/OrganisationOrganization/xwhdg/post.htm
Pages:
Jump to: