Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ParallelCoin - DUO - SHA256 + Scrypt | Community Takeover - page 2. (Read 61085 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
After Cryptopia and Altilly with Parallelcoin on it got hacked in the past....
Is there "The Curse of the DUO"?

Can you tell us what is your next planned exchange? it would be great to know which target is the next exchange, to withdraw funds from there in time  Cheesy

Shortly after we received the answer from Binance Germany, the (fake) Binance profile on Telegram was already blocked. It looked like Binance did get into action.

So we have now to start over and try to reach Binance in a different way for a listing.

Sounds like Binance recognise this as a potential danger, so he solves your listing requesting on their way.  Grin
Activity: 375
Merit: 103
Coinz-Universe
Today C-Patex exchange got hacked. The exchange is closed down - following message was posted:

Compromised user credentials

Yesterday we were notified by some users that there was unauthorized access to their accounts.
Almost all old accounts that had no funds.

Today a user said that someone had entered his account, and had withdrawn funds.
The recall fingerprint had the same brand as the user's devices, so we thought it was not true.

A few minutes after this incident, a withdrawal order appeared and we proceeded to review it.
And we found the mark of the hacker who yesterday had tried to access old accounts.

In all cases, these are users who use Apple devices, usually the Safari browser.

We are investigating whether there has been a leak in our 2FA seed and credential database,
or is it a vulnerability that only manifests itself in Safari browsers,
for which the hacker may have obtained not only the password but also the 2FA.

We still do not have an evaluation of the amounts withdrawn,
because we have only received complaints from two users
and we have blocked a withdrawal from a user who has not yet reported the hacking of his account.

As a preventive measure, and pending the completion of the investigation, we have closed the site.
Please apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE:

The first investigations show that the hacker in some case carried out operations of cancellation of orders and trading,
not just withdrawals, so that it is confirmed that the credentials of the users
have been stolen in some way.

The total losses are approximately 0.1 BTC so there would be no major inconvenience to resume the service
once the corresponding measures are taken.

The measures to be taken include a complete change of passwords and 2FA seeds and a review of the code and logs
as well as all administrative credentials.

Unfortunately we are on the weekend, and our support team could not help all users with key changes and 2FA,
since each one has to be re-validated.
About 400 users enter the site every day.

The plan is to review our software and infrastructure between today and tomorrow and
from Monday open the site and help users regain control of their accounts.
We will keep you informed.

Thank you for your patience

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Cryptopia and Altilly with Parallelcoin on it got hacked in the past....
Is there "The Curse of the DUO"?

Let´s hope C-Patex will reopen soon again, otherwise again some 1000s of DUOs are lost.
Coinz-Universe
Here are the links to the latest/currenty builds of the Parallelcoin/DUO wallet:

https://github.com/p9c/pod/tree/master/legacy

and as docker file:

https://github.com/p9c/pod/blob/master/old/docker/legacy/Dockerfile
Coinz-Universe
Some positive news today:

Binance did a review of the Parallelcoin project in the last weeks regarding a possible listing of DUO on Binance.

I got now a reply, that the internal review of the Parallelcoin project has finished and was a success.

It is good to know, that we did meet the strict requirements of Binance and that the Parallelcoin project did pass.

So further negotiations will happen, but non-public, as we have to sign now a NDA.

We did take the first step Cheesy and there might be a possible listing of Parallelcoin on Binance in 2021.  Grin  We will see...

The positive news turned into bad news:

After receiving the Binance NDA by email from the contacts we had, we were wondering about the domain name the email with the Binance NDA was sent from.

So we checked the domainname on the Binance Verify website and the result was: "Non-Official Channel".

Also we contacted Binance Germany and they did reply following answer to us:
"We have had this checked by Binance.com. The NDA you received is a scam. Please report the relevant profile directly to Telegram and break off communication."

Shortly after we received the answer from Binance Germany, the (fake) Binance profile on Telegram was already blocked. It looked like Binance did get into action.

So we have now to start over and try to reach Binance in a different way for a listing.
Activity: 5
Merit: 10
Core team members of Plan 9 Crypto, the name of the dev team (not registered anywhere yet but maybe when we can afford the lawyer and accountants) are mostly old school early adopters who used to hang out in IRC channels, and as such we have established a presence at freenode channel #plan9crypto

We are searching for and need more serious people with the (some) time and energy to do something that advances the progress of the project, probably IRC is most comfortable to developers who didn't just discover programming languages in the last decade so we want to establish and maintain a presence at freenode, the oldest and longest established home of crypto-IRCers.

Of course if you are young and hip to the old school tech you are also most welcome.
Activity: 5
Merit: 10
I am here, to chew bubblegum, and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

Stay tuned for regular updates of progress and new things to look at. Our gophers have been very busy recently, the hard fork beta is imminent and we will soon have a full web presence including forum, social media integration, wiki, and other neat things that our fearless leader from the shadows has been working on getting ParallelCoin shipshape and ready to catch the tailwinds.
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
Coinz-Universe
Some positive news today:

Binance did a review of the Parallelcoin project in the last weeks regarding a possible listing of DUO on Binance.

I got now a reply, that the internal review of the Parallelcoin project has finished and was a success.

It is good to know, that we did meet the strict requirements of Binance and that the Parallelcoin project did pass.

So further negotiations will happen, but non-public, as we have to sign now a NDA.

We did take the first step Cheesy and there might be a possible listing of Parallelcoin on Binance in 2021.  Grin  We will see...
Coinz-Universe
News today:

Parallelcoin/DUO team uncovered the fact that https://dex-trade.com exchange is operated by a company that is in liquidation.
The listing contract signature is forged, as the liquidator does not know the listing contract at all and the signature on the contract besides his name is not his own, as he stated in one email reply.
Parallelcoin team received a signed copy of the contract from the co-founder and Business Development Manager Marilyn Myller via email.

Also still the exchange is listing more and more coin projects, even as the company is in liquidation already since 18th of September 2020 (we counted at least 38 new coin projects listed within the last 6 months). 
Even so the liquidator responded to us, that the company is out of business and no new coin projects are listed.

Proof and more information is available here:
https://www.facebook.com/parallelcoin/posts/1024219324772618
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/parallelcoin_business-legal-blockchain-activity-6786060536166580225-o4bl/
https://twitter.com/parallelcoinduo/status/1380303549901336576

legendary
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
Coinz-Universe
For users that want to join the Parallelcoin fun and start with the legacy DUO wallet from scratch:

Both main nodes
seed1.parallelcoin.info and seed2.parallelcoin.info
are now working 100% again.

So no need anymore to add nodes yourself in order to get a working blockchain download after installation of the legacy Parallelcoin wallet.

If you are searching for a download of the current windows Parallelcoin wallet (legacy) - click on following link:
https://github.com/p9c/pod/releases/download/1.2.0/Parallelcoin-qt-v1.2.0.0-Win.zip

maybe check the file a little more. AV warn me as a suspicious link, I know it's whitelisted, but it would be better without it.

Well, ESET is reporting a "potentially unwanted application".

Nowadays all sorts of crypto related apps and utilities like wallets, miners and other things are reported by antivirus scanners like Kaspersky, ESET and others as potential unwanted application.
This is due as some hackers used some hacked computers in the past to illegally install and mine monero and other crypto coins.
Out of this reason AV-programms are nowadays reporting these tools. Not as Malware, but as potential not wanted tools.

Try some other AV-vendors and their scanners and you get similair detections.. but as said.. no malware or trojan or whatever malicious thing.

You can also use Virus Total to check with many multiple scanners for free: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/

legendary
For users that want to join the Parallelcoin fun and start with the legacy DUO wallet from scratch:

Both main nodes

So no need anymore to add nodes yourself in order to get a working blockchain download after installation of the legacy Parallelcoin wallet.

If you are searching for a download of the current windows Parallelcoin wallet (legacy) - click on following link:
https://github.com/p9c/pod/releases/download/1.2.0/Parallelcoin-qt-v1.2.0.0-Win.zip

maybe check the file a little more. AV warn me as a suspicious link, I know it's whitelisted, but it would be better without it.

Coinz-Universe

Both main nodes

Coinz-Universe
Dear community of Parallelcoin (DUO),

the team has previously issued an announcement on the 24th of June 2019 in regards to the lost Cryptopia coins. Now that the Parallelcoin (DUO) blockchain fork is imminent, it is finally time for us to address the matter more specifically. We will also address the DUO coins lost on the Altilly hack.

The team will gladly offer you back 50% of your DUO coins lost on Cryptopia or Altilly provided that:

Bravo for this move. Covering losses incurred due to poor exchange operations is an excellent example of concerns about its supporters, even if it's not your fault.

otherwise, from which fund these funds are taken?

After collecting claims by the deadline of March 31st 2021, the team will determine how many coins will be issued and those will be mined at the fork and issued to claimants.
Activity: 306
Merit: 106
watching... curious where this goes. might have to scoop some up!
legendary

the team has previously issued an announcement on the 24th of June 2019 in regards to the lost Cryptopia coins. Now that the Parallelcoin (DUO) blockchain fork is imminent, it is finally time for us to address the matter more specifically. We will also address the DUO coins lost on the Altilly hack.

The team will gladly offer you back 50% of your DUO coins lost on Cryptopia or Altilly provided that:

Bravo for this move. Covering losses incurred due to poor exchange operations is an excellent example of concerns about its supporters, even if it's not your fault.

otherwise, from which fund these funds are taken?
Coinz-Universe

1- You have the txid of the deposit transaction to Cryptopia or Altilly and that the destination address belongs to the exchange.
2- The transaction took place within 2 weeks before the hack. (1/1/2019 to 14/1/2019 in case of Cryptopia and 11/12/2020 to 23/11/2020 in case of Altilly.)
3- That you make the claim and provide all evidence to the team before the deadline of 31st March 2021.

FAQ:

Q: Why do I only get 50% of my coins back?
A: If you deposited to Cryptopia or Altilly then maybe you sold and maybe you didn't. 50% coins back for 50% chance your claim is legitimate.

Q: Why can't you confirm that I didn't sell?
A: Cryptopia and Altilly never provided trading history to the team.

Q: I forgot/lost/don't have my txid. Can I get my coins back?
A: Unfortunately not as we can't verify your claim of deposit.

Q: I bought on the exchange. Can I claim my coins?
A: Sadly no, as there is no way to verify that you bought DUO at all.

Q: Why does my txid have to be within the last 2 weeks before the exchange hack?
A: Because the longer the time after the deposit, the more likely that you have sold.

Q: Why can't I claim my coins after the deadline?
A: Because the lead dev needs enough notice prior to the fork to arrange the return of your coins

Q: What will happen to all unclaimed coins from Cryptopia or Altilly?
A: They will be burned, thus reducing the number of coins in circulation and deflating DUO and increasing its value.

Q: Will any other coins be minted?
A: Yes. 40,000 other coins will be minted. They will be used for development and to pay for exchange listings. The address will have 4 keys each with a core team member and transactions from that particular address will require at least 3 of the 4 keys to be processed. The address will be made public for all the community members to see thus allowing maximum transparency.

The Parallelcoin team is proud to be one of a few teams to offer its community a chance to recover their lost funds. We always try to look after our community.

Regards,
The Parallelcoin Team

Visit Parallelcoin on discord: https://discord.gg/9vkNPFQ or Telegram: https://t.me/ParallelCoinPlan9
Coinz-Universe
The new Parallelcoin / DUO markets on Dex-Trade exchange
got added today to CoinMarketCap (CMC) and Coingecko:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/parallelcoin/markets/

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/parallelcoin#markets
Coinz-Universe
legendary