Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PEEP COIN] GUARANTEED VALUE - FREE ICO!!! - page 10. (Read 133914 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Hi, how goes peepcoin.
Did our voting it be included in an exchange come to it happening?

I downloaded the peepwallet (a .dmg version coming soon?),
but where on it do I log-in and sync it, to see my balances?

Grin

I presume you mean balance in your web wallet. I don't think the dev ever properly linked the web wallet funds with the "crypto network" funds, so you won't see them in the Windows client. Can you still log into the website and see balance in your web wallet? I created a test account a week ago and it just looks like an empty shell now?

I've never had any experience compiling a Mac client, and have no way to test it, but I guess I could give it a try once I have some free time. It's really tedious to set up a new compile for the first time.

Peepcoin won the voting at c-cex but I doubt it will ever be listed. Current activity is here:

https://live.megacrypton.com/market/56  - PEEP/BTC
https://live.megacrypton.com/market/57  - PEEP/LTC

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/PCN/BTC  - PEEP/BTC
https://www.coinexchange.io/market/PCN/DOGE  - PEEP/DOGE (this is the most active market)

you guys really have to start reading at least a little of the thread, it is a dead coin, the dev bailed with a huge amount of coins and there is no further development

Gee, so what does spending hours of my time updating the source and compiling a new client to make it easier for people to join the network count as? Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
Hi, how goes peepcoin.

Grin

you guys really have to start reading at least a little of the thread, it is a dead coin, the dev bailed with a huge amount of coins and there is no further development
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi, how goes peepcoin.

Grin
legendary
The dev created this coin with a new username peepcoin. Did it not occur to you that almightyruler may be the dev?

Interesting theory, but if you read back, I was the one that traced transactions in the blockchain to discover (and post the evidence) that the dev had sent premine funds to the exchange. I also suggested that the dev was a sociopath. Smiley

If you look further back at my posting history you'll see that I've helped resurrect other distressed coins, which I had nothing to do with previously. I've always tried to help out.

The only thing I have in common with the dev is that I suspect he's from the same country as me. G'day mate.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Anyone  having a problem with the windows wallet, I am getting an error

Assertion failed!

Program:C\Users\Username\Desktop\Peepcoin-winqt.exe
Files: src\kernel.cpp, Line 368

Expression: pindex->pprev || pindex-> GetBlockHash() == (!fTestNet ?
hashGenesisBlock: hashGenesisBlockTestNet)

Sometimes this will happen with coin wallets if your pc crashed while the wallet was open. It does not happen all the time but mostly it does. Go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Peepcoin and  delete everything but wallet.dat
Then create a .conf file and add the nodes then run the wallet.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
All sent, apart from PexJex, who asked twice, so got half...once

tHANKS sharing your coins , Apologize for a repeat request....I received http://prntscr.com/cdj25k
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
The only problem I see with letting the coin continue is that it is doing nothing but putting $$$ in the DEVs pocket.  Just because he is dumping now, you know he's sitting on billions of Peeps.  The only way this coin will ever get off the ground is to restart it from scratch.

Somewhat agree, but also somewhat disagree.

A few days ago with huge sell walls at 1 satoshi it seemed like a lost cause (39b PEEP @0.00000001 = 390 BTC for the dev!) but due to the recent price dips you can, if you're patient enough, acquire a couple of billion PEEP (nearly 5% of the total supply) by spending something like 0.1 BTC. The more you buy (cheaply) or mine, the less relevant the dev's remaining stash becomes. Think long term, big picture.

I like to lend my support to "distressed" coins (which often have technical issues and have been abandoned by the dev), so I've decided to put some work into this one.

DONE:
- Added new permanent node. There's now 3 of mine on dedicated 24/7 servers. These are hard coded into the new client.

IN PROGRESS:
- Finishing up compiling client with newer libraries. Very fiddly and tedious because the code will not compile with newer versions of some of the libraries, so I'm having to experiment with different versions.

TO DO:
- Web page with a basic description of the coin's dotted history, and a FAQ about its current status.
- Possible web-based giveaway to stimulate interest and get clients staking.
- Staking bonuses - a bot that sends a bonus when it sees an address stake. This encourages people to hold rather than just dump immediately, at least in the short term.

Problem with that train of thought is, no matter what the old DEV profits.  I would much rather see us start over, bend the old DEV over and hit him where it hurts, this wallet!! 

The dev created this coin with a new username peepcoin. Did it not occur to you that almightyruler may be the dev?

If it could be proven that would be interesting.  I have to admit, this tread has been very entertaining!!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The only problem I see with letting the coin continue is that it is doing nothing but putting $$$ in the DEVs pocket.  Just because he is dumping now, you know he's sitting on billions of Peeps.  The only way this coin will ever get off the ground is to restart it from scratch.

Somewhat agree, but also somewhat disagree.

A few days ago with huge sell walls at 1 satoshi it seemed like a lost cause (39b PEEP @0.00000001 = 390 BTC for the dev!) but due to the recent price dips you can, if you're patient enough, acquire a couple of billion PEEP (nearly 5% of the total supply) by spending something like 0.1 BTC. The more you buy (cheaply) or mine, the less relevant the dev's remaining stash becomes. Think long term, big picture.

I like to lend my support to "distressed" coins (which often have technical issues and have been abandoned by the dev), so I've decided to put some work into this one.

DONE:
- Added new permanent node. There's now 3 of mine on dedicated 24/7 servers. These are hard coded into the new client.

IN PROGRESS:
- Finishing up compiling client with newer libraries. Very fiddly and tedious because the code will not compile with newer versions of some of the libraries, so I'm having to experiment with different versions.

TO DO:
- Web page with a basic description of the coin's dotted history, and a FAQ about its current status.
- Possible web-based giveaway to stimulate interest and get clients staking.
- Staking bonuses - a bot that sends a bonus when it sees an address stake. This encourages people to hold rather than just dump immediately, at least in the short term.

Problem with that train of thought is, no matter what the old DEV profits.  I would much rather see us start over, bend the old DEV over and hit him where it hurts, this wallet!! 

legendary
LOL i see there at https://www.coinexchange.io/market/PCN/BTC no one to buy peepcoin there what happend Huh

Try the DOGE market, that is where the action is!!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
LOL i see there at https://www.coinexchange.io/market/PCN/BTC no one to buy peepcoin there what happend Huh
legendary
Well can anybody tell  bout exchanger. Where is pCN listed on exchanger. As I checked on forum member are offering direct for buy or sell of PCN.

This could make trouble as no one control price so there must have any mediator to finalize price of Peepcoin in the market.

There is no controlling of price. This coin is valued just like 99.9% of the other cryptocurrency coins: buyers buy if they think the price is low enough, sellers sell if they think the price is high enough.

The original claim of a fixed value of 1 PEEP = 1 USD is a lie. The dev would need billions of dollars - REAL money - to pull that off. So like every other coin, we let the market (both exchanges and private trades) decide what it's worth.

Exchanges:

https://live.megacrypton.com/market/56  - PEEP/BTC
https://live.megacrypton.com/market/57  - PEEP/LTC

https://www.coinexchange.io/market/PCN/BTC  - PEEP/BTC
https://www.coinexchange.io/market/PCN/DOGE  - PEEP/DOGE

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502
Well can anybody tell  bout exchanger. Where is pCN listed on exchanger. As I checked on forum member are offering direct for buy or sell of PCN.

This could make trouble as no one control price so there must have any mediator to finalize price of Peepcoin in the market.
legendary
What is the current block there in your updated wallet? Just checking because I am using the old and it is stated in here that expected time for reward is 15 days while having 6 active connections on it.

It's the same chain. Current block from my POV is 28888.

If your balance is small it may not have sufficient weight to stake.
Activity: 701
Merit: 500
MIGHTYB
What is the current block there in your updated wallet? Just checking because I am using the old and it is stated in here that expected time for reward is 15 days while having 6 active connections on it.
legendary
Very nice!!!  Want some Peepcoins?

Cheers. Smiley Maybe in the future you can donate a bit when I set up the PoS reward bot or a giveaway/faucet site? Have to think a bit about the bot because I don't want it rewarding stakes from addresses belonging to, let's say, a 'certain' wallet.
legendary
Very nice!!!  Want some Peepcoins?
legendary
UPDATED 'NO CONFIG' CLIENT (FOR NEW USERS)

New release! This is the same client as the OP, except it is compiled with newer libraries (eg security fixes for openssl and libpng), and it also has peers hard coded, so no config file is needed.

If you are already running the original Peepcoin client and are fully synced then you do not need to download this client. This release is mainly to help new users get started with Peepcoin.

Download: http://www.almightycoins.org/peepcoin/download/peepcoin-qt.exe  (no need for config - just run the client and it should connect and sync.)

Online virus check: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/4f9295a8d20e47bd8e2f9041a1abc18fd0100025c5322773610ee08bd0de721c/analysis/1472830644/

Happy syncing!
Activity: 868
Merit: 503
I don't see any use for this coin. even if it says we can send it without transaction fee so why use peepcoin?

The name maybe at least of of help like peep, my impression says its for voyeurs around the world to sell the videos the kept using their hidden cams.

the idea that the dev expressed before stealing money from everyone was the "coin for the people".....which in itself is a meaningless expression.  any and all coins that are not private are for the people, it is something that sounded good and sold the coins for him, that and the fact that he had huge give-aways and PROMISED a guaranteed $1 per coin buy on the site, and the weekend before he sold them for a penny a piece.  that instantly hit the greed button and people bought it up at one penny with the hopes of selling it at a dollar.  it did hit a reasonable price on one exchange for a day or two in the DOGE/PCN trade, but that did not make the millions that people envisioned, so "for the people" or at least for the dev
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I don't see any use for this coin. even if it says we can send it without transaction fee so why use peepcoin?

The name maybe at least of of help like peep, my impression says its for voyeurs around the world to sell the videos the kept using their hidden cams.
legendary
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 (use this if you are mining on the same machine your wallet it on)
rpcuser=username (whatever you want your username to be)
rpcpassword=password (Whatever you want your password to be)

Do you have something that will mine? (an asic miner, a high end GPU)??

This coin uses the scrypt algo, so any litecoin tutorial will give you and idea of what to do.

Why do I have to add my username and password and the port and all that in my wallet .conf file ? I know miner must be 127.0.0.1 because that is the local computer IP address. Why must it be in my wallet .conf too.

Because when you set up your miner you need a user and password.  If you are just using it to sync (the addnodes), don't worry about it.

So i need the wallet and the wallet must have the username password . Is this for solo mining or do I also have to have it set like that for pool mining. I ask since I want to know what to do with other coin wallets as well. You are knowledable and helpful. Smiley

That is only for solo mining, being there are no pools, for this worthless coin the conf file is really for the addnodes to sync the wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: