Author

Topic: [ANN] [PENG] Penguincoin - Vote for Cryptsy! - page 136. (Read 206085 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Disadvantages of having 1000 blocks reduced block reward -

1. Takes a while to mine them 1,000 blocks before it returns to normal reward
2. Hours of hashing power spent on a reduced blocks.

Thats all i can really think of to be honest lol.

Advantages of having 1000 blocks reduced block reward -

1. Stops big whales getting in straight away and taking all the easy blocks, making them a big share holder and capable of dumping.
2. Gives time for pool operators, to help setup and not be under big pressure.
3. The 1,000 blocks may take a while to be mined but in that time that gives opportunity for China, Australia and other country's to get a part of this launch.
4. Causes hype and discussion on how many blocks are left before it returns to its normal reward.
5. Increases the price of the coin by a percentage.

There my views anyway, & im looking forward to this release. Personally i think the 1,000 blocks are a good idea.

+1
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Disadvantages of having 1000 blocks reduced block reward -

1. Takes a while to mine them 1,000 blocks before it returns to normal reward
2. Hours of hashing power spent on a reduced blocks.

Thats all i can really think of to be honest lol.

Advantages of having 1000 blocks reduced block reward -

1. Stops big whales getting in straight away and taking all the easy blocks, making them a big share holder and capable of dumping.
2. Gives time for pool operators, to help setup and not be under big pressure.
3. The 1,000 blocks may take a while to be mined but in that time that gives opportunity for China, Australia and other country's to get a part of this launch.
4. Causes hype and discussion on how many blocks are left before it returns to its normal reward.
5. Increases the price of the coin by a percentage.

There my views anyway, & im looking forward to this release. Personally i think the 1,000 blocks are a good idea.

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Pools should be set up prior to launch and this can only be done if dev will provide all necessary info and source...

Otherwise it will be another chaotic launch. I do not know how much time a pool operator needs to get it set up, but the operators should have what they need before launch.

Exactly.

Please dev consider this.
Everyone should start from the same line.

Everyone can start from the same line by solo-mining. If the dev gives the source code out to "pool operators" prior to the launch to the rest of the miners, what's to stop the pool operator from mining before the launch time? I don't think anyone should have access to the source code prior to public launch time.

And this is coming from a pool operator...
Activity: 126
I think count of  1000 blocks before actual reward blocks is too much. It will take at least 5-10 hours to mine 1000 blocks... wasting of too much hashing power... 1000 should be reduced to 500-600 range I think...

See smart coin launch...

+1 Rather increase the initial difficulty than this 1000 blocks of low reward blocks

+1. No point in gathering as much hash as we can before the real mining starts Wink 300-500 suits me very well.
+1 or no 50k blocks at all Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I think count of  1000 blocks before actual reward blocks is too much. It will take at least 5-10 hours to mine 1000 blocks... wasting of too much hashing power... 1000 should be reduced to 500-600 range I think...

See smart coin launch...

Considering most large coins have the block rewards ranging from 1-500,000.. These 1,000 blocks are no different to that but just consistent 50,000 rewards. 99,000 blocks at 500,000 is perfect and that's when the penguins start rolling in for the miners.

Ports added for pool owners: 39533 & 39532

Not long now!
Activity: 224

See smart coin launch...

+1 Rather increase the initial difficulty than this 1000 blocks of low reward blocks

+1. No point in gathering as much hash as we can before the real mining starts Wink 300-500 suits me very well.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

See smart coin launch...

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Pools should be set up prior to launch and this can only be done if dev will provide all necessary info and source...

Otherwise it will be another chaotic launch. I do not know how much time a pool operator needs to get it set up, but the operators should have what they need before launch.

Exactly.

Please dev consider this.
Everyone should start from the same line.
Activity: 140
security,like correctness,is not an add-on feature

See smart coin launch...
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
92 biliion Huh
Another large quantities shit coin or worth a shock?
Activity: 266
this coin looks great  Smiley
Only lack of an exchanger ready at launch  Cool

No need for an exchange at launch, it will only cause immediate dumping of coin...

But exchange would help if it was available within a few days after launch.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
this coin looks great  Smiley
Only lack of an exchanger ready at launch  Cool
Activity: 224
LAUNCHING 02/02/2014 - 4:00PM GMT. Plenty of time before the big superbowl
Github and wallet downloads will be released on thread at launch time. Do not contact me for early release, it will not happen.
A low amount of 17 Blocks have been mined for confirmations and testing.
------------
The first 1,000 blocks have been reduced to 50,000 block reward, once all 1000 blocks have been mined it will return to its original standing of 500,000 per block.
Awwww no reasons to pre setup the miners to be able to solo mine 0second as soon the source is out.

Well I guess I'll do it anyway Tongue

I pre setup solo mining and two pools. You can't go wrong like that Wink

Exactly.

It should take about 15 to 20 minutes once we get the source. The only thing we lack is the source. Once we get the source, we can compile the daemon, load up the configuration and take off.

Our Penguin pool - https://www.crypticpool.com/peng/

There you are, so if every pool would have the source 20 minutes before launch, it would be possible to have pools up at launch...

Dev, are you reading this? Please...
Activity: 126
LAUNCHING 02/02/2014 - 4:00PM GMT. Plenty of time before the big superbowl
Github and wallet downloads will be released on thread at launch time. Do not contact me for early release, it will not happen.
A low amount of 17 Blocks have been mined for confirmations and testing.
------------
The first 1,000 blocks have been reduced to 50,000 block reward, once all 1000 blocks have been mined it will return to its original standing of 500,000 per block.
Awwww no reasons to pre setup the miners to be able to solo mine 0second as soon the source is out.

Well I guess I'll do it anyway Tongue
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Exactly.

It should take about 15 to 20 minutes once we get the source. The only thing we lack is the source. Once we get the source, we can compile the daemon, load up the configuration and take off.

Our Penguin pool - https://www.crypticpool.com/peng/
Activity: 518
Merit: 505

Exactly.

Activity: 518
Merit: 505
POOLS
(coming soon) -
Pool owners contact me, first 5 pools to setup for Penguincoin will be rewarded with a bounty.
1: http://peng.lotterymining.com/ - Signup now! - 0.5% fee.
2: http://peng.cryptochomper.com - Signup now! - 1% fee
3: http://peng.plingeling.se/ - Signup now! - 0.5% fee
4:
5:
6:

You're not answering my questions on any channels regarding pools. How's someone supposed to set up a pool as long as the coin is not released.

Setting up a dummy page enables me to get a bounty? o_O

Please add http://q30.qhor.net:/ to your Pools list.
Activity: 167
Cant wait for the launch, really want to own some PENG. I think this is going to do well plus very honest coin with such a low premine
Jump to: