Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Physical Litecoins by the Litecoin Foundation - page 2. (Read 8324 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Cool, I'm really looking forward for these ones
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
It is very exciting to be sure...  With each new problem, it inspires inventive folks rise to the challenges.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Can't wait to see these  Grin
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Watching with interest!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Good news!
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Looking forward to it.
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Any more news on these physical litecoins?

Design on the silver has been done and should be pretty awesome. There is something about it that will make it pretty tamper resistant.

We are just now finalizing the design on the hologram.

This has taken a bit longer than expected however we want to have the highest quality and we want to get it right from the start.

Thanks.
Activity: 905
Merit: 1033
BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources
Any more news on these physical litecoins?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Please try to keep on topic. There will be a thread about the Litecoin Foundation soon. If you do not want to wait, please make your own thread. Thank you.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
to be honest: its a big performance for such a "foundation" to ruin their repuatation within some weeks in this way. horrible communication and intransparent structure. then the event with coblees name and the "strange" donation...
thats very poor until now and it will take alot of effort for "them"(?) to get their repuatation back. sad.

and: why did you post everything in bitcointalk and not also in the litecoin forum?! your name is LITECOIN Foundation isnt it?! strange way.

They do https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,5223.0.html
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
i liked smoothies coins very well and he was first and had alot of work and no, i don't get a penny from him.

of course it could be cheaper and i prefer this but deleting my last post is not a good first sign for a "Foundation", isn't it?  Roll Eyes

As a coin collector, and maker, the more the merrier!  It would be awesome to have a lower cost piece.  Just that alone could make it more likely to circulate.  I love that potential.  Also I'm aware of the work that can go into a piece, as well as the shortcuts available.  There is a lot of room in the physical crypto coin space.  I hope to contribute to that as much as possible and am open to working with anyone that is interested in improving the available offerings.

One of my first fascinations with coins came as a child.  I had a whole bunch of coins from all over the world and I would engage my childlike mind for hours on end making up stories of the people that would have used the coin and what they could have bought with it.  Weaving tales of how it came into my possession through the years of circulation was a delightful bit of creativity that also led me to research much more of the world  than many of my peers in childhood.

The same can be done with the block chains, and the localization of IP addressing and imagining where and who might have used the coins, and for what.  My adult mind also engages destroying the imagined and uses block chain links for forensic fact finding when called to do so, but I would be a fool if I didn't acknowledge the origin of this fascination.

Exciting times, both numismatically as well as for Bitcoin and Litecoin.
vip
It really is a misrepresenation of who and what you are....

Good luck but please state it cleary who you are and stop the bullshit about smoothie's coins are un-official which is so NOT TRUE !!

Start this the right way and for the right reasons ...so far this is not the best of starts !

I support anybody who adds value to Litecoin !

There is no such thing as "official or un-official" coins. I have never made this claim.

I have nothing against other people making physical Litecoins, I respect the free market.  However this thread is not about other people and what they might be doing.

Please stay on topic.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
It really is a misrepresenation of who and what you are....

Good luck but please state it cleary who you are and stop the bullshit about smoothie's coins are un-official which is so NOT TRUE !!

Start this the right way and for the right reasons ...so far this is not the best of starts !

I support anybody who adds value to Litecoin !
vip
LOL

to everyone who bought the third party LTC coins.

This at least has a somewhat tied connection to the coin.

Actually the litecoin foundation is not associated with the litecoin dev team. So they are technically not '1st party' coins.

That is true.

The Litcoin Foundation has made a no strings attached 2,000 LTC donation to The Litecoin Project (dev team) but other than that, we are not connected in any way.

However with crypto there really is no such thing as a "1st party" coin. In the end we will have to trust someone. If you guys can figure out a way we can do this with out any trust needed that would be awesome.

Thanks.

NWO
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
LOL

Actually the litecoin foundation is not associated with the litecoin dev team. So they are technically not '1st party' coins.
vip
LOL

Nobody ever heard of the Litecoin Foundation, I really don't see what makes this less of a third party than Smoothie.
And which tied connection to the coin are you talking about?

I'll watch this and if they can provide the quality Smoothie provides, I'll definitely buy some. But your reasoning really doesn't make sense.

Litecoinfoundation.org should not have any credibility in the community or at least there is no reason to trust us. The only other public act we have ever done was donate 2,000 LTC to the Litecoin Project a.k.a The LTC dev team. We are looking for a solution where we do not need to be trusted at all but so far we lack a plan.

We are working on getting a very high level of quality but still keeping the cost reasonable. Our coin will not be a copy of anything on the market.  I think what it will come down to in the end is personal taste on what coin design one likes best.
Activity: 683
LOL

Nobody ever heard of the Litecoin Foundation, I really don't see what makes this less of a third party than Smoothie.
And which tied connection to the coin are you talking about?

I'll watch this and if they can provide the quality Smoothie provides, I'll definitely buy some. But your reasoning really doesn't make sense.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
this sounds good

as always how do you know the private key is only in the coin

and all other copy's of the private key have been destroyed.

That is always a very good question when dealing with physical coins. Trust is a huge issue here. To be honest we are trying very hard to come up with a process that is safer and more securer than the traditional way that requires trust. However at this time we do not have anything set up.

We have also thought about having someone extremely trusted in the community to crate the keys and sticker for us but right now nothing has been worked out.

I am very open to other ideas.

Thank you.

How about you work with a redeem code? You add a code that can be redeemed at a site, where you also enter your wallet address. When the code is redeemed the coins are sent to the address of the user. If a code was already redeemed, you can use the logs to find out what happened.

Or am I missing something here?
Activity: 826
Crypto Somnium
Sounds good  Cheesy
vip
i liked smoothies coins very well and he was first and had alot of work and no, i dont get a penny from him.

of course it could be cheaper and i prefer this but deleeting my last post is not a good first sign for a "Foundation", isnt it?  Roll Eyes

You can talk about Smoothies coins here in this thread, however please stay polite and on topic.
Pages:
Jump to: