Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Physical Litecoins by the Litecoin Foundation - page 3. (Read 8324 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
i liked smoothies coins very well and he was first and had alot of work and no, i dont get a penny from him.

of course it could be cheaper and i prefer this but deleeting my last post is not a good first sign for a "Foundation", isnt it?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
"Ignorance never settles a question."
Yea, this sounds much better than smoothies, his prices are just retarded, plus its not set up or run well at all, I truly feel bad for those who bought from him...

I will get some of these, these will be the real physical litecoins.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Good luck Goat,

I think Smoothie's prices are outrageous, so perhaps I will buy a physical Litecoin here instead. I am looking forward to seeing the designs! Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Take it easy,

Ch
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Be interested in knowing the planned country of manufactor?

Odds are the silver will be minted in the USA.

The keys will odds are be made in the USA as well.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Be interested in knowing the planned country of manufactor?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
Hi Goat,

Congratulations on your project!  Looking forward to purchasing each.

Coincidentally Smiley in response to requests from the community (and some rather assertive demands) we'll also be joining in the effort to support the community of Bitcoin and alternate cryptocurrencies with physical precious metal pieces.
Ours are significantly different than what you propose, and are complementary, and so not in competition.

Formal announcement and display of the first strike mintings will be next week, announced at OHM2013 conference in the Netherlands, but this will be followed by announcements here and an exclusive offering for collectors.

Our offering is foremost intended to be "pocket-friendly" and permanently useful transactionally rather than making use of a one-time security hologram, so a different market focus.

Having been in the minting and precious metals business for quite some time, we are happy to offer any advice or expertise in evaluating designs, production and supply partners and assist you in your efforts as you like.  If you are seeking to reduce costs, we can surely assist with that as evidenced by our pieces being consistently offered at premiums far below others.  (Though those that buy ours tend to mark them up greatly on eBay and elsewhere).
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
vip
this sounds good

as always how do you know the private key is only in the coin

and all other copy's of the private key have been destroyed.

That is always a very good question when dealing with physical coins. Trust is a huge issue here. To be honest we are trying very hard to come up with a process that is safer and more securer than the traditional way that requires trust. However at this time we do not have anything set up.

We have also thought about having someone extremely trusted in the community to crate the keys and sticker for us but right now nothing has been worked out.

I am very open to other ideas.

Thank you.

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
this sounds good

as always how do you know the private key is only in the coin

and all other copy's of the private key have been destroyed.

legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
Awesome, I'm definitely going to pick some up Smiley
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Interested & following.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
LOL

to everyone who bought the third party LTC coins.

This at least has a somewhat tied connection to the coin.

legendary
Activity: 1358
I would be interested in a 100oz LTC silver bar
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
watching
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
sounds good. hope you come up with a nice design. hope the first batch also comes with a "misprint" of the hologram  Wink
Activity: 1974
Merit: 856
Interesting project!

The 1/10th oz silver coins might be too small, its probably better to have at least 1/4th oz or 7.5g like the planned lealana/casascius coins.

Also I'd like to see a non-silver coin (made of nickel or sth silver looking?) nominated with 1 LTC but with a decent size. (Like the 1 BTC Brass coins).
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
That's a cool project
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
subscribed to this thread.   im a silver bullion coin collector already so. also i love cold storage of my litecoins.  i tend to spend them on gpu's if they stay in my wallet too long.  litecoin has some pretty cool logos already! do it up! now would be a good time to commission some silver as its cheap. takes a while to get things minted tho Sad.  oh well good luck im sure i'll sign up!

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Swiss Money all around me!
Cool thing! Watching now!

I hope you will annonce more soon!
vip
Sounds good I love physical coins!  I would be after both the half and full ounce rounds for sure.

Make the half Oz in - 1-10 LTC

Full Oz in 25, 50, 75, 100 LTC

Because of the cost of the die we will have to limit the option's of the face value of the coin. If we are able to produce in significant numbers we will be able to make more.

We do hope to have several runs with different designs but our priority is to make this affordable.

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: