Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Pigeoncoin (PGN) – a cryptocurrency network with a new X16S (shuffle) algo - page 31. (Read 618537 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
Once again only NVidia miners and no AMD?
That's absolutely no good...

AMD miners will have to stick to Cryptonight/Ethash algo. I don't see a bright future for AMD miners... you might want to consider selling your cards now since GPU prices are still high and buy NVIDIA (that's what I would do).

Good luck !

to be honest i really started to have this feeling that i need to switch to Nvidia with this new algos spree and the fact AMD cards aren't that good with them
Activity: 71
That's bad news...  Although I'm not that surprised.  Still if it hits an exchange there will be pump and dump.  I may keep mining since RVN profitability is so reduced now
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Has anyone noticed that PigeonCore uses 100% CPU of a single core? RavenCore uses only 1-3%. Any ideas?

Not talking about the miner here, talking about the wallet.

setgenerate false

setgenerates true by default Huh why would any one do that

Because lazy. My build disables CPU mining by default, along with other fixes:

https://github.com/gradinkov/pigeoncoin/releases/tag/0.15.99.0-gradinkov3

Submitted my patches long ago, no one gives any input on them, just ignore them.

Wow that makes me even more sure that they have no interest in developing coin, just pump n dump.  Otherwise, why wouldn't they want your fixes?

I don't know. They added the DNS seed fix on their own (like 1 day later), then released binaries. But they didn't publish the source code changes for it (the new release has the old sources attached to it), so I don't know what else changed Smiley But the CPU mining part sure did not.

Hmm ok, not getting a warm and fuzzy on this, I didn't realize the sources were out of sync with the binaries. Could the PGN guys please sync it up ?

less than encouraging to say the least gonna switch my mines to something else
Activity: 8
Has anyone noticed that PigeonCore uses 100% CPU of a single core? RavenCore uses only 1-3%. Any ideas?

setgenerate false

Submitted my patches long ago, no one gives any input on them, just ignore them.

Wow that makes me even more sure that they have no interest in developing coin, just pump n dump.  Otherwise, why wouldn't they want your fixes?

I don't know. They added the DNS seed fix on their own (like 1 day later), then released binaries. But they didn't publish the source code changes for it (the new release has the old sources attached to it), so I don't know what else changed Smiley But the CPU mining part sure did not.

Hmm ok, not getting a warm and fuzzy on this, I didn't realize the sources were out of sync with the binaries. Could the PGN guys please sync it up ?
Activity: 56

setgenerate false

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

setgenerate false

Activity: 56

setgenerate false

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

setgenerate false

Activity: 6
A reminder for those that don't read all pages:  the ANN itself says this:

On day five, I asked our group of twelve to start onboarding more miners...

For 5 days, it was mined by only 12 people.  These 12 are going to get rich from your buys.

I like how people these days get out of admitting there was a pre-mine.  Sometimes it is "oh we were just testing network".  But this is a new one: "oh I was mining with 11 friends, so it is not a pre-mine".

If the 12 founders think I'm just being a troll, how about you actually either (1) explain why letting 12 people "early mine" makes for a fair launch, or (2) actually make it fair by burning everything you mined in the first 5 days?

If your answer to (1) is "we posted a discord link in one place, anyone could have joined (even though only like 100 people look at the place we posted the link)", try again.

ALSO:

The next day, last night, a GPU randowhale nearly burned down the network.

The difficulty on your network adjusts REALLY slow.  How many blocks did this "randowhale" take?  3000?  5000?  Why shouldn't investors be *TERRIFIED* of this guy dumping?  This is the REASON every coin should make a fair launch: if the network had been public from the start, your CPU hash would have been a lot higher than 20 MH, and other people would have been working on a public GPU miner sooner.

EDIT: More math:

Blocktime is 1 min = 1440 blocks/day.  Yet at the time of this ANN, over 23,000 blocks were gone.  So no, it wasn't just a "six day premine".  16 days' worth of blocks were taken in those 6 days (because of how slo your difficulty moves).

Let's be frank and call a spade a spade. What they did was equivalent to a premine. They probably have tens of millions by now and they plan to get rich. If other miners are not bothered by this, then maybe they also plan to get rich or gain some profit if PGN pumps an dumps. So far, there is no clear plan or objective for this coin except having a new algo. Will that change? Who knows? For now we are all just speculating for a possible profit.

totallty agree with you. I'm mining this coin only for speculation.. I've set one of mine 6x1080ti rig on suprnova for today, then I'll revert again on rvn. BAsically I don't see any plans or future for this coin... it's just some kind of a fork from rvn with no project at all behind.

At least the algo is nice

But the algo isn't nice, it's also just a clone of x16r...  It still runs all the same algos they only changed the ordering.  They are simply marketing it as being better when I see no real advantage.  They are both randomly switching between the same set of algos this one just makes sure it hits them all on each block.  The insta mine was also ridiculous.

I mined over half a million in less than 2 days because I happened to be in Raven's discord when they ninja launched it.  I haven't sold my coins and I don't intend to, pgn should just die the swift death that it deserves.  Save you money people, don't give it to these hacks.
Activity: 341
Merit: 3

setgenerate false
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
I like the project, could it align with raven, how many pigeons mined with a rig of nvidia 1070 ?
Activity: 8

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
When is it expected listing the exchange?
very soon look discord see announcements
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

For 5 days, it was mined by only 12 people.  These 12 are going to get rich from your buys.

I like how people these days get out of admitting there was a pre-mine.  Sometimes it is "oh we were just testing network".  But this is a new one: "oh I was mining with 11 friends, so it is not a pre-mine".

If the 12 founders think I'm just being a troll, how about you actually either (1) explain why letting 12 people "early mine" makes for a fair launch, or (2) actually make it fair by burning everything you mined in the first 5 days?

If your answer to (1) is "we posted a discord link in one place, anyone could have joined (even though only like 100 people look at the place we posted the link)", try again.

ALSO:

The difficulty on your network adjusts REALLY slow.  How many blocks did this "randowhale" take?  3000?  5000?  Why shouldn't investors be *TERRIFIED* of this guy dumping?  This is the REASON every coin should make a fair launch: if the network had been public from the start, your CPU hash would have been a lot higher than 20 MH, and other people would have been working on a public GPU miner sooner.

Blocktime is 1 min = 1440 blocks/day.  Yet at the time of this ANN, over 23,000 blocks were gone.  So no, it wasn't just a "six day premine".  16 days' worth of blocks were taken in those 6 days (because of how slo your difficulty moves).

Raised the same thing a few pages back. Only thing you will be met with is silence.  All it is just a pump and dump scheme for the 12 friends to make some BTC

Was hoping there was something more. Anyways all the best, not worth the effort
Activity: 72

ALSO:

Let's be frank and call a spade a spade. What they did was equivalent to a premine. They probably have tens of millions by now and they plan to get rich. If other miners are not bothered by this, then maybe they also plan to get rich or gain some profit if PGN pumps an dumps. So far, there is no clear plan or objective for this coin except having a new algo. Will that change? Who knows? For now we are all just speculating for a possible profit.

totallty agree with you. I'm mining this coin only for speculation.. I've set one of mine 6x1080ti rig on suprnova for today, then I'll revert again on rvn. BAsically I don't see any plans or future for this coin... it's just some kind of a fork from rvn with no project at all behind.

At least the algo is nice
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
Than mining this bird's coin? the first time I hear about the algorithm x16. The road first
Activity: 2
mining with my 1070 TIs

+100 core
-200 mem
65% power

Getting around 10.2 Mh/s per card

Why do you set your memory to minus 200?

With the same card, I used +200 core, +500 memory and the hr is around 12,5.
Activity: 102
When is it expected listing the exchange?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

ALSO:

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Hi ! PigeonCoin is available on LycheeBit.
Happy mining Smiley

Mining PigeonCoin with x16s algo :

• Stratum  : lycheebit.com:3637
  • User     : YOUR_PGN_ADDRESS
  • Password : c=PGN

LycheeBit info :

Mining software :

Examples of command line :

• Nvidia   : ccminer.exe -a x16s -o stratum+tcp://lycheebit.com:3637 -u PTnkxMDfgxT3ARCtbkqJbq7FLt3hEyBfgM -p c=PGN

Peers list :

• addnode=23.124.57.178
  • addnode=91.154.83.16:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:4137:9e76:1cc7:dbb:9565:9357]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:78cf:34eb:fb27:a0a4:aad]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:4137:9e76:20c6:18b2:8bf0:7bfd]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:953c:1803:39f5:a671:3b8e]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:6abd:1c7c:2d99:c5ab:9641]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:90d7:74:5c:b675:2aa8]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:6ab8:387b:2e8b:8c27:1f37]:8757
  • addnode=[2001:0:9d38:6ab8:301c:11bc:fdc0:8142]:8757

Pages: