Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 77. (Read 41900 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
To join the mining on my PC should be installed Windows?

I don't think that's already known. Playkey will probably still need to release the specs.
In the Whitepaper they talk about miners, but it's not defined as far as I know.
Well, without the miners, the platform will not work.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I don't think that's already known. Playkey will probably still need to release the specs.
In the Whitepaper they talk about miners, but it's not defined as far as I know.

would be interesting if that is OS- based in a way. i own a very powerful mac (haha at least my wife does)
Activity: 350
What services can I pay with your tokens?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
As I know you have to buy games in PS Now. Not all games but top titles. Playkey also has many free games in a catalogue, even top titles.

I am talking about their unlimited subscription offering, which gives unlimited access to their entire library for a monthly fee of $20.

Also as of 2015, there are two ways to stream games in PlayStation Now, either as a subscription based service like Netflix, allowing unlimited access to all games covered by the subscription model, or users can rent games individually as can be done previously, usually available to rent in one of four time-frames: 4-hour, 7-day, 30-day, and 90-day. There are two pricing options in North America for the subscription service: $19.99 for one month, and $44.99 for three months.
]

Yeah, I know. but if you check what games are in this catalogue you won't see any new top titles. No Uncharted 4, no Fallout 4, etc. Only 2-3 year old games. Yeah, that's great, but only 15% of gamers play old games. Another 85% prefer new titles.

Playkey tried the same model with games in subscription but gamers asked to play only new titles.
Diagon
Developers need to think about how to attract miners all over the world very quickly. Without them, there will not be any sense

It is all fees for them.

If you pay some good fees than every miner wants to be on there.

It shouldn't be a problem for playkey I think.
as I understand the miners themselves expose the price
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
What are you going to do to make the tokens more expensive?

The success and strategy that will put the token at the center of the platform will determine that. If the platform take off i dont think there is going to be any issue about that
Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

By giving good services! When the more users involved in playkey's platform means the demand will increase as well as the token price. And I am sure playkey can do it!
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Developers need to think about how to attract miners all over the world very quickly. Without them, there will not be any sense

It is all fees for them.

If you pay some good fees than every miner wants to be on there.

It shouldn't be a problem for playkey I think.
Activity: 826
Merit: 117

yess.... they are probably working on after ICO end.
its not just idea for this project because they already have working product with they own hardware.
but still need release more to become decentralized cloud gaming platform.
waiting some beta test

more gamer more value for playkey token because playkey token is limited
Diagon
Did anyone find the subscription fee? I found a price of about $8 a month in the whitepaper.

When purchased using a pay-monthly scheme over a period of 3 years, the price for per month for that same PC is $83. A monthly cloud subscription fee can be one tenth of that price.

Playstation Now costs $20 a month for a library of over 500 PS4 and PS3 games. The subscription fee for PlayKey is lower, but players have to buy the game keys as well.

Playkey provides a list of games supported by the application, and of their installation files. A miner decides which games he wants to rent out on his computer, and installs them. Or he selects automatic mode, whereby Playkey autonomously analyzes demand and manages the games on his computer to maximize his profit and, accordingly, that of the service.

Game keys are purchased by users and they are activated the same way in games, the only difference being that the game is launched at the miner’s computer. Keys can be purchased either on the Playkey website or in any other way at the discretion of the player.

It is a trade-off.

PlayKey:

+ $8 a month
+ supports PC games
+ can play on low-end PC, iMac, laptop, tablets, smartphones, Smart TV
- have to buy game license (games bought in a bundle less than $1 a piece, but the latest AAA games can cost $50+)
- can you share or transfer your game license on PlayKey to your own PC?
- no PlayStation games

PlayStation Now:

+ includes 500+ PS4 and PS3 games
- $20 a month
- no PC games
- can only play on PC and PS4

Well PlayStation Now coasts $20 but you don't need to purchase the games also, or do I see this wrong? If you can just play from a libary of games like renting them, it's ok in my opinion.

But $8 is really a deal. If you can get also game licenses for around $1 with it, it's really a great offer. Is it possible to use the game licenses also for offline use? Like when you want to play the games through Steam for example instead of Playkey?
Playstation Now not available in all regions. There are TVs from Sony that supports Playstation Now too.
Activity: 476
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

Well I hoped the system requirements for the miners will consider not only the latest hardware but at least 1 year old hardware will do as they are constrained by Moores Law Smiley
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
When it is planned to launch a platform for testing already using the technology of decentralization?

Many people ask this question: Found this on their website https://playkey.io/en/faq/

When will I be able to test a decentralized version of Playkey?
Closed testing will be conducted around early 2018, and open testing in the second quarter of 2018.
Requests for participation in the testing are already being taken: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdpGlSVLoUHp_SIO_c9rG_Edh13B9GWvz5iG4ysWherDvsww/viewform

nice, did not read this. i am going to participate as a beta tester for sure Smiley everyone should do it, if you want to invest here.

Wow, I see that many people signed up for this. Your welcome guys.
I would apply myself too, but I would be a terrible tester since im not a gamer. I leave that up to you Wink
Please share your thoughts after testing
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
Did anyone find the subscription fee? I found a price of about $8 a month in the whitepaper.

When purchased using a pay-monthly scheme over a period of 3 years, the price for per month for that same PC is $83. A monthly cloud subscription fee can be one tenth of that price.

Playstation Now costs $20 a month for a library of over 500 PS4 and PS3 games. The subscription fee for PlayKey is lower, but players have to buy the game keys as well.

Playkey provides a list of games supported by the application, and of their installation files. A miner decides which games he wants to rent out on his computer, and installs them. Or he selects automatic mode, whereby Playkey autonomously analyzes demand and manages the games on his computer to maximize his profit and, accordingly, that of the service.

Game keys are purchased by users and they are activated the same way in games, the only difference being that the game is launched at the miner’s computer. Keys can be purchased either on the Playkey website or in any other way at the discretion of the player.

It is a trade-off.

PlayKey:

+ $8 a month
+ supports PC games
+ can play on low-end PC, iMac, laptop, tablets, smartphones, Smart TV
- have to buy game license (games bought in a bundle less than $1 a piece, but the latest AAA games can cost $50+)
- can you share or transfer your game license on PlayKey to your own PC?
- no PlayStation games

PlayStation Now:

+ includes 500+ PS4 and PS3 games
- $20 a month
- no PC games
- can only play on PC and PS4

Well PlayStation Now coasts $20 but you don't need to purchase the games also, or do I see this wrong? If you can just play from a libary of games like renting them, it's ok in my opinion.

But $8 is really a deal. If you can get also game licenses for around $1 with it, it's really a great offer. Is it possible to use the game licenses also for offline use? Like when you want to play the games through Steam for example instead of Playkey?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
The Cryptonomos Crowdsale Platform Starts Issuing Playkey Tokens
https://icomagazine.com/cryptonomos-crowdsale-platform-starts-issuing-playkey-tokens/

Thank you for the article

The Cryptonomos team conducts a comprehensive legal, economic, and technical analysis before allowing an ICO campaign on its platform.
solid project and even more reassuring knowing everything is in order with it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263

Activity: 253
The Cryptonomos Crowdsale Platform Starts Issuing Playkey Tokens
https://icomagazine.com/cryptonomos-crowdsale-platform-starts-issuing-playkey-tokens/
Activity: 588

I don't think so. but I couldn't find the minimum requirements on the website.
What are the minimum system requirements to start mining?
Activity: 490
I wonder how many will receive the miners
I dont know how much exactly but i found this :
Miners’ benefits Providing hardware to gamers will be:
• 2-3 times more efficient than any altcoin mining add opportunities;
• More stable in the short, medium and long term than cryptocurrency mining;
• Less risky than cryptocurrency mining due to its intrinsic value — the mining return is much more predictable and mostly based on being an alternative to
buying one’s own gaming hardware  (PC/console);
• A good alternative/hedging option for those private or professional miners who have already bought GPUs and can’t use them effectively due to the increasing competition on the crypto mining market.
Pages:
Jump to: