Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM - page 98. (Read 41900 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Hi there! We renewed our site - more useful information in user-friendly format. Visit it to see! Feedback is always welcome.

https://playkey.io

I just checked out the updated website, and I'm liking how it pitches the project by stepping through a storyboard. The need which Playkey is addressing is clear, and the real-life demonstration video of GTA V tops off the icing on the cake.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Yes playkey has already a working product, it’s one of the best argument for investors in ico. With playkey you know that the team has already a working product and continue to develop it, instead of some project who has totaly nothing to show. Playkey already work, and its really important, investors love that.
Activity: 588
There are so many projects for gaming, and all look pretty much the same :|

except this one has a working product that you can test right now. playkey.net is up and running and has , i think, a million customers?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
To reach a large audience, Playkey should consider expanding the supported devices. Not only computers running Windows, but others. In the future, it would be nice and tablets for Android. Now there are a lot of portable input devices, so there will be no problems with running games.

I think by now they only concentrate on PCs, because it's much larger customer segment, and at this point it's better to put resources fully into one thing, but later I think it would make sense for them to expand.

does it only support windows or mac too?

Supports windows and mac. In addition, you can play from your phone and tablet. But there I think I need a joystick

That is a clear advantage compared to Playstation Now, which is only supported on PS4 and Windows PC. Especially the Mac support.

Besides you need playstation 4 for playing playstation now, it is already the newest console. And you won't use playstation now in ps4 for ps5 games.

With playkey you can play newest games in a 5-year-old crappy computer.

I think that is the biggest advantage.

On the other hand, Playstation NOW is only for very old games (PS3 era), so no one gives a damn about it :-)

I don't think that the two platforms (pc - consoles) can be mixed, because if you want to play a lot of console games ... you need to buy the actual console for that. Often the games are platform exclusiv. Playkey doesn't help to solve this problem (and it just can't solve it). It is really all about ... playing new games on old hardware. I am curious to see which of the actual competitors will succeed in the market. Of course, when Playkey will be able to get a lot of money through the ICO, they have an advantage towards their competitors.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
There are so many projects for gaming, and all look pretty much the same :|
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
To reach a large audience, Playkey should consider expanding the supported devices. Not only computers running Windows, but others. In the future, it would be nice and tablets for Android. Now there are a lot of portable input devices, so there will be no problems with running games.

I think by now they only concentrate on PCs, because it's much larger customer segment, and at this point it's better to put resources fully into one thing, but later I think it would make sense for them to expand.

Supports windows and mac. In addition, you can play from your phone and tablet. But there I think I need a joystick

That is a clear advantage compared to Playstation Now, which is only supported on PS4 and Windows PC. Especially the Mac support.

Besides you need playstation 4 for playing playstation now, it is already the newest console. And you won't use playstation now in ps4 for ps5 games.

With playkey you can play newest games in a 5-year-old crappy computer.

I think that is the biggest advantage.
Activity: 434
Left only create Linux software for 3\3 PC collection, tablets and phones are third plane question, isn't ?

I would highly recommend the Mac support. Currently I am working on a mac from 2013, so this model has just graphic on board. Recently I wanted to play some new games in Steam just to realize that my mac could not run this games even with lowest settings ... I was like what the fuck? Checked for newer models because I thought, ok, maybe I should buy myself a new mac book, for the sake of work and games ... You can pay a lot, still not be able to run the newest games properly Cheesy Every gamer who works with a mac would love PLAYKEY.

Just buy the new iMac Pro coming out in the next months for 8000 Dollar :-) Nahh just joking, I feel you. I had a mac mini for a long time and bought the new Macbook Pro this year ... and I still can't play anything. I am thinking about buying one of those GFX-Cases.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112

I would highly recommend the Mac support. Currently I am working on a mac from 2013, so this model has just graphic on board. Recently I wanted to play some new games in Steam just to realize that my mac could not run this games even with lowest settings ... I was like what the fuck? Checked for newer models because I thought, ok, maybe I should buy myself a new mac book, for the sake of work and games ... You can pay a lot, still not be able to run the newest games properly Cheesy Every gamer who works with a mac would love PLAYKEY.
Activity: 574
Merit: 115

Activity: 140
Playkey CTO & Cofounder
Hi there! We renewed our site - more useful information in user-friendly format. Visit it to see! Feedback is always welcome.

https://playkey.io
Activity: 350

Activity: 952
Merit: 137
anyone using or know playstation now? costs about less than 20$ each month and you can stream games on ps4 and windows 10 pc's. works like a charm and you have like 400+ PS4 and PS3 games available.

so i think, playkey will be only for personal computers ><

@sozialtourist
rofl, did not read your post T_T"
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
I ll try this at my computer immediately.. This is a game changer for console players who wants to play some pc games and dont want to spend xxxx $ for computers.. Nice idea.

Does anyone know if it also will work the other way around. That you can play console-exclusive games titles on your computer?

No this won't work. The games that you will be able to play are only games which can be rendered on PC graphic cards.
There is no way to emulate PS or XBOX of Nintento hardware and then stream this (imho)

Well, I was hoping that would work too since it's possible to play PS games on your PC with Playstation NOW. But I guess all the console producers wouldn't like to implement such a feature that makes their consoles redundant.
Activity: 154

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

Activity: 490
Just found this market platform https://gplaymarket.com/, where u can buy and sell games, accounts and other..
 I guess this together with playkey could help keep the costs of gaming down even more, assuming that Re-selling a game or account would be with a cheaper price then a new game, or all the games separately.

Possible future collaboration maybe? 

I think that so many different gaming platforms, is a big plus for blockchain. That way, there is more competition and the product of gaming will become better and better.

The gaming industry is huge, and I agree with your statement that competition improves the quality for consumers. If the tech and marketing of PlayKey is good, they will find their place

One big competitor of Playkey is NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW ... doing basically the same for 9 EUR a month.
That NVIDIA is decentralized too? or is it the centralized version?
Activity: 476
Just found this market platform https://gplaymarket.com/, where u can buy and sell games, accounts and other..
 I guess this together with playkey could help keep the costs of gaming down even more, assuming that Re-selling a game or account would be with a cheaper price then a new game, or all the games separately.

I checked their website and it says: Buy or sell digital games, accounts, in-game items, skins over a self-governed, distributed network.
But with cloud gaming, you log in into a cloud right? So that way you cannot own a game to resell? Am I right or wrong?

It is unlikely. In the description it is written that the platform will cooperate directly with game developers. I think the games calculated for a single pass will be free, but multiplayer is your problem. After all, they can not give an account to each user
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

I think that so many different gaming platforms, is a big plus for blockchain. That way, there is more competition and the product of gaming will become better and better.

The gaming industry is huge, and I agree with your statement that competition improves the quality for consumers. If the tech and marketing of PlayKey is good, they will find their place

One big competitor of Playkey is NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW ... doing basically the same for 9 EUR a month.
Pages:
Jump to: