Pages:
Author

Topic: 🚀[ANN] POLIS | Airdrop Governance | Decentralized | - page 48. (Read 50019 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
no one received a payment from the MPO?
Activity: 19
I cant put my finger on what exactly has happened to this project, is it safe to mine this coin ? Dev you should update/replace announcement files and links if there has been changes.

I think it's fair to be skeptical, just because one should be skeptical of any and all coins.  But the dev has put in hard work so far, the community is amazing, and I think we'll probably get on some bigger exchanges soon.  But you should definitely wait to see more certainty if you want, that is totally okay.

I was referring to the node issues for mining
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
I cant put my finger on what exactly has happened to this project, is it safe to mine this coin ? Dev you should update/replace announcement files and links if there has been changes.

I think it's fair to be skeptical, just because one should be skeptical of any and all coins.  But the dev has put in hard work so far, the community is amazing, and I think we'll probably get on some bigger exchanges soon.  But you should definitely wait to see more certainty if you want, that is totally okay.
Activity: 19
Activity: 165
Everyone please ensure you are on the right chain.  http://block.polispay.org  and https://coinsmarkets.com/walletstatus.php?ticker=POLIS show the correct blockheight.

If you are having trouble syncing to the right block, use the following for your .conf file:

Code:
maxconnections=256
connect=35.227.49.86:24126
connect=192.243.103.182:24126
connect=185.153.231.146:24126
connect=91.223.147.100:24126
connect=96.43.143.93:24126
connect=104.236.147.210:24126
connect=159.89.137.114:24126
connect=159.89.139.41:24126
connect=174.138.70.155:24126
connect=174.138.70.16:24126

Then clear old %appdata% except wallet and configs and reindex (on linux its the .poliscore folder).

The "connect" command forces the client to use only the listed nodes, whereas the "addnode" command does not force the client to use the listed nodes.  So "connect" will force the right chain, but it will reduce your connections as the client will not connect to anything else. Once you are on the right chain, you can switch from "connect=" to "addnode=".

Credit to our amazing Discord community for these instructions and for banding together to nip a potential fork problem right in the bud.

Those of you with missing transactions: re-sync your wallet once you are on the right chain.

Those of you with missing pool payments: see @grendel25's post above.
Other masternodes will not receive coins? Other masters will not receive coins? Those that are not on the list.

All masternodes that are on the right chain and set up properly will receive rewards.  The .conf setting above just ensures that the client syncs to the right blockchain.
In the correct network node 46.36.216.183:24126 ?
Activity: 30
Everyone please ensure you are on the right chain.  http://block.polispay.org  and https://coinsmarkets.com/walletstatus.php?ticker=POLIS show the correct blockheight.

If you are having trouble syncing to the right block, use the following for your .conf file:

Code:
maxconnections=256

Then clear old %appdata% except wallet and configs and reindex (on linux its the .poliscore folder).

The "connect" command forces the client to use only the listed nodes, whereas the "addnode" command does not force the client to use the listed nodes.  So "connect" will force the right chain, but it will reduce your connections as the client will not connect to anything else. Once you are on the right chain, you can switch from "connect=" to "addnode=".

Credit to our amazing Discord community for these instructions and for banding together to nip a potential fork problem right in the bud.

Those of you with missing transactions: re-sync your wallet once you are on the right chain.

Other masternodes will not receive coins? Other masters will not receive coins? Those that are not on the list.

All masternodes that are on the right chain and set up properly will receive rewards.  The .conf setting above just ensures that the client syncs to the right blockchain.

Code:
maxconnections=256

Other masternodes will not receive coins? Those that are not on the list.
Activity: 30

Code:
maxconnections=256

Also did not receive a deposit from the local wallet to the Coinsmarkets wallet. In the wallet of 1.1.0 and 1.2.0, the means were written off, http://block.polispay.org does not find txid 364114055912e4e8f6fc12e4968c7c0e3d05c1bf3b4a2d1b2d75e6f32edaf277-000
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

He is not answering to anyone. I tried PM but no answer.

Polis dev has to pay from premined to be all happy and continue support!

Dev ? Are you there Huh?? Of course not ....

Relax... at least for now.  polis_dev in discord just needs to confirm with pool devs before going forward and compensating it sounds like:

From discord:

Code:
@grendel25
I know. We have intentions on paying, but we need to contact pool dev.
Activity: 17

From the time exchange exists, the coin must be stable. If the dev hasn't got enough brain to do these changes before because he want the best profit for himself-no testing at all, thats not accepted.

It's community coin i now but for such major changes, community must informed with every possible way cause there are real money in the middle.

I sped 500 EUR for hashpower and i got 5 EUR because these coins come before fork. Sound this OK to you ??

So you say that someday, cause of dev's 1% brain, all of community may lost coins-real money ?  Very nice and very amateur from your side.

In some countries money are very hard to earn and 500 EUR from my side is one salary here in Greece and not 1/5 or 1/10 of your salaries.

Have you ever hear the EUROPEAN UNION or USA BANKS to "destroy-disable" exchange of 1 EURO coin or 1 DOLLAR  in the night ?

So you see now why me and the others are angry ?

Before such HUGE changes first ... I N F O R M  E V E R Y O N E !!!!!!!

I totally understand your point of view and why you are angry about it!

500€ is a lot of money! And for myself it think renting hashpower is always a risk. But its also not the first time that I've mined without any reward because some things are going wrong.

And I totally agree with you that information is everything in this business!

So, we all are human and we all make mistakes, but it doesn't bring us forward if we are blaming the dev because we have known the risks.

Wouldn't it be better to find a solution together that fits for everybody?

Maybe there is a way to you get your funds back. Who knows? I don't know it because i don't know what happened exactly. Do you allready know it?

Maybe its the best to just give it some time and talk with @Polis_Dev at Discord directly about it. Otherwise, why not create a solution as community together?

I would really appreciate that!

He is not answering to anyone. I tried PM but no answer.

Polis dev has to pay from premined to be all happy and continue support!

Dev ? Are you there Huh?? Of course not ....
legendary
Pool devs aren't paying for coins that were mined/orphaned because of block chain management from POLIS coin developers.  I agree with others here who have said that POLIS dev should pay miners out of premine funds.  POLIS dev needs to stand up here and do the right thing!
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
I delist Polis from CryptoHub.  It's second fork/wrong chain for last 3 days, I'm not going to be online 24/7 to control it. 
legendary
Well, since we have to  contact the pool devs on our own... Does anyone know how to contact MPOS pool or has anyone had success contacting MPOS pool devs or know if they are contacting POLIS dev to help us?  

Can the coin dev at least tell us if MPOS has been contacting polis_social or anyone at POLIS?  There are quite a few of us here that have tried to do our part to get you guys talking to eachother and solve this problem.

A lot of us lost because of this debacle between coin dev and pool devs.  Thx for any help.
Activity: 49

From the time exchange exists, the coin must be stable. If the dev hasn't got enough brain to do these changes before because he want the best profit for himself-no testing at all, thats not accepted.

It's community coin i now but for such major changes, community must informed with every possible way cause there are real money in the middle.

I sped 500 EUR for hashpower and i got 5 EUR because these coins come before fork. Sound this OK to you ??

So you say that someday, cause of dev's 1% brain, all of community may lost coins-real money ?  Very nice and very amateur from your side.

In some countries money are very hard to earn and 500 EUR from my side is one salary here in Greece and not 1/5 or 1/10 of your salaries.

Have you ever hear the EUROPEAN UNION or USA BANKS to "destroy-disable" exchange of 1 EURO coin or 1 DOLLAR  in the night ?

500€ is a lot of money! And for myself it think renting hashpower is always a risk. But its also not the first time that I've mined without any reward because some things are going wrong.

So, we all are human and we all make mistakes, but it doesn't bring us forward if we are blaming the dev because we have known the risks.

Maybe there is a way to you get your funds back. Who knows? I don't know it because i don't know what happened exactly. Do you allready know it?

Maybe its the best to just give it some time and talk with @Polis_Dev at Discord directly about it. Otherwise, why not create a solution as community together?

Well said mate!
Activity: 7

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Admin of CoinMiners Pools
everyone stop mining polis on https://pool.coin-miners.info/ because the coin has forked again and i'm gonna disable the coin and the stratum will forward your work on another coin and i can't pay you
Activity: 17
And the already mined coins ?

I have ±390 coins over the "air" cause you didn't inform pool owners and you did major changes so masternodes can earn more. What you gonna do with that ?

Do you really think you look smarter if you write in read colour so that everybody sees exactly that you are angry? ^^

Also I don't know if you people have read the disclaimer of nearly every coin i have seen till now (as well in the Polis wallet):

"This is experimental software"

So this means that nearly everything could happen with it and nobody exactly know's where the developement of this technology is going.

Because its all experimental and open source, no one really is a pro in it right form the start and solved all problems right from day 1

--> it's still software development...

What I have seen till now is that nearly every past Dash v12.1 forked X11 coin has got this issue to handle.

Every coin has got different specs, so the problems are all different to handle.

And its all about cryptocurrencys - you all know that your investment could be gone from one day to another!

If you don't calculate that risk, you don't do your business very intelligent....

About the rewards:

We all had the chance to vote against to change the reward - but the community voted for it and so the dev implemented the change.

But this change required a wallet upgrade, so it was released but with unforseen consequences...

In the last days a few forks happened and because of new year, it was a little bit difficult to find out which nodes were on the wrong chain, so it took some while.

From my point of view this was caused trough the different wallet versions of some of the major pools and the split hash power.

Because... if too many guys like you mine via nicehash with 1TH/s or more on a pool that is on the wrong wallet version, this could cause such forks.

So to me its just complaining about something that happened that was bad for you but nobody wanted.

Because it is a COMMUNITY COIN, the community has decided for it and has to take those consequences.

If you tell us that the Dev should give you the premine, then you are not taking from him - you are taking from the Community = us all!

So it's also on you, as part of this community to be constructive and help to handle this issues and make this coin more successfull so that problems like this will not appear anymore, you are earning much more profits in the future and nobody is loosing money again! Smiley

I also lost coins - so I can see it from both sides - I mine polis and i earn from masternodes, and i also missed rewards from both site caused trough different problems. But if everything is back in order they should be fixed now. So everything is going great forward!

And do you see me complaining about it??? Because you only earned 1000$ on 1 day instead of 3000$ are you crying? Are you sure???

If thats your biggest problem congratulations! You really are a lucky bastard! Cheesy

So... I knew what risk i've taken because i've mined a new x11 coin from a new unknown dev and bought a new masternode.

And I'm glad that i did it, because from my point of view this is one of the most dedicated developer i've seen right now.

Man... he worked like a beast since the start and he also worked on christmas to handle the issues with the blockchain and keep this project alive!

Not like the guy of the Aspect Coin, which sold MN for 900$ and left everybody without anything... so i've lost a whole currency including masternode these days....

But see what happened - the community held together and took over the project - and now I think this could also get a great future.

So don't always see what you are missing! Take a look of what you have got!

And at least remember - its all virtual and its all living and breathing...

The one day you loose - the next you win - thats live.

But if we held together - we survive!

Thats the spirit!

Thats Polis!

And thats the real meaning of "Power to the people"!

Activity: 319

"This is experimental software"

So much words
But you forgot one thing
There are thousand of coins with working from first day wallets, without lot of forks, with not hiding team

And there are lot of pools who resolved the problem with wrong chain in a hours
MPOS admins like to drink on holidays understood  Grin
Activity: 32
poliscore daemon v1.2.0 does not sync . I used both precompiled binary and compiled from source.

So masternode does not work yet with this daemon version

1.1.0 works though.
Pages:
Jump to: