Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com - page 3. (Read 829874 times)

v0n
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Not only that, but according to poolpicker.eu it's average return is in line with other script pools for the last few weeks. Of course, all script pools are doing crap now... But my point is that middlecoin is supposedly doing it with both hands tied behind it's back.

This might have more to do with the way poolpicker calculates or perhaps is even led to arrive at its daily numbers. For example poolpicker for quite some time lists coinking as the top choice in SHA-256 section, however as far as I'm aware coinking isn't actually paying dailies for BTC mining. And without actually issuing daily balance payouts for BTC mining the pool couldn't possibly reach its poolpicker listed daily SHA-256 payout figures. I know this first hand as I run one asic miner for few days to coinking's sha256 pool and my account hasn't been paid for those few days of BTC mining for about a month now, with payment estimate figure in dashboard mysteriously shrinking every day to now a fraction of the original estimate. Several posters here confirmed they had similar experience with that pool, we even posed the question to the owner or one of the owners of coinking on this forum and he chose not to answer any of us.

So either poolpicker base the estimates on numbers released specifically for them by pools, rather than actual mining, or maybe some pools are clever enough to pay little differently to the right account in order to make daily statistics look a little better. Obviously this is purely my speculation.

I agree with middlecoin being in auto pilot mode at the moment, it took forever for my test run balance to move from "Immature Unexchanged" to "Unexchanged" field and nothing moved any further for days. Looking through the stats you can clearly see payments are being issued daily at 2:30 in the night, but it looks like exchanging mechanism (rather than payout) triggers only if address balance is high enough (probably around 0.01 BTC). I always have a dedicated test rig pointed at the pool before committing to a larger scale mining - and I've seen this abandoned/auto pilot mode many times - p2pool.org has few coins with active users but last payouts 4 or 5 weeks ago, couple of my test runs on mega multi pool vanished into black hole, although, to be fair, some coins/pools have such scarce traffic that it might be just some verification issue or unmaintained setup stuck on preforked settings or similar. I just presume most of those pools are some sort of student ventures set up in dorms that remain abandoned until school year starts or something.  
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
The general conciseness seems to be that Middlecoin is just running all by itself with no one in charge or maintaining it. So, miners should beware.

This raises all sorts of questions for me. Like, why? And, how can it keep running at all?

Not only that, but according to poolpicker.eu it's average return is in line with other script pools for the last few weeks. Of course, all script pools are doing crap now... But my point is that middlecoin is supposedly doing it with both hands tied behind it's back.

How can it do that?

Simple - mine the site is mining the same old coins it has always had, like litecoin and dogecoin...  The difference in profitiability between scrypt coins is so small now because of predominant multi-pool mining, that even if Middlecoin was only mining litecoin, it would be somewhat close to other pools.

However, you're absolutely nuts if you're still pointing hash at this pool.

Try:
WafflePool.com
or
CleverMining.com
or
heck, just mine some Litecoins.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
The general conciseness seems to be that Middlecoin is just running all by itself with no one in charge or maintaining it. So, miners should beware.

This raises all sorts of questions for me. Like, why? And, how can it keep running at all?

How can it do that?
Oh dear, haven't looked at it in a while. 60 BTC balance, dust presumably? I know I have ~0.008 there, maybe I should mine a little bit to get to 0.01 Smiley

12 BTC unexchanged, but that could be worthless for all we know.

I had the same thought about the 60 BTC of carry over balance. That's a lot of dust sitting in a wallet that someone can maybe still access. With 40000 some IDs and a lot with sub .01btc balances I can believe it is just a thick layer of dust, but I'm too lazy to do the math right now.

Just another strange part of the Middlecoin mystery I guess.

I mined my balance down to zero a while back. With script mining paying so little now you won't lose that much throwing a little hash at Middlecoin to even up.

There are strange issues with middlecoin.

I have unconverted balance for about one week now and the pool owner didnt anwer to my questions.
I have to warn all miners outside because i am not sure if middlecoin is able to pay out his customers.

Is your balance over .01 BTC? and what's your hash rate?

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Oh dear, haven't looked at it in a while. 60 BTC balance, dust presumably? I know I have ~0.008 there, maybe I should mine a little bit to get to 0.01 Smiley

I had the same thought about the 60 BTC of carry over balance. That's a lot of dust sitting in a wallet that someone can maybe still access. With 40000 some IDs and a lot with sub .01btc balances I can believe it is just a thick layer of dust, but I'm too lazy to do the math right now.

I mined my balance down to zero a while back. With script mining paying so little now you won't lose that much throwing a little hash at Middlecoin to even up.

There are strange issues with middlecoin.

I have unconverted balance for about one week now and the pool owner didnt anwer to my questions.
I have to warn all miners outside because i am not sure if middlecoin is able to pay out his customers.
Speaking of real miners on Middlecoin, I got a couple of small donations to keep the graphs going for a while.

Thank you.

Does somebody stil mine on middlecoin?
~1000Mh, decades of BTC balance is not a dust ))
Probably very lazy and ignorant rig owners and lots and lots of bots that can't be updated by the botnets with new pool details.

Lazy and ignorant bots and hobby miners who aren't paying much attention. Although, if you're stuck on script the return from the pools is a choice  between poor and not-good anyway.

Funny thing though is that Middlecoin was number one on poolpicker.eu yesterday and the hash rate doubled. Miners are funny people.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Probably very lazy and ignorant rig owners and lots and lots of bots that can't be updated by the botnets with new pool details.
Activity: 168
Activity: 798

(And yes, I wish I had used DNS rather than an IP address for a cloud server. I was in a hurry at the time, if you remember the meltdown going on during the big run up in users due to the run up in profits...)

Ahh... The good old days.  

I think you should definitely shut it down to put another nail in this coffin.  I've seen more zombies here than on The Walking Dead.

The good old days indeed. As far as I know Middlecoin was a major catalyst for a short lived frenzy of home made script mining rig  building. AMD should send h2o an award for all the video cards he helped sell.  A lot of coins were flowing and I hear a few people even mad ROI Wink

I'm not sure if AMD and its vendors are too happy, a lot of those cards are run beyond their intended specs and may need an RMA sometime within the 3-5 year warranty Smiley

But if kept cool and clean, these 280X from November could have indeed ROIed and depending on electric costs can still be profitable today.

My GPU rigs were built from used MSI TFIII 7950's that went for $100-180 before the "Great Doge Run - Much Hash of 2013", and I still have them hashing away on X11 & X13 on Waffle and BetaRigs... so they've long since achieved positive ROI.  Better than my SHA ASICs in fact.  

I'm not sure if AMD and its vendors are too happy, a lot of those cards are run beyond their intended specs and may need an RMA sometime within the 3-5 year warranty Smiley

But if kept cool and clean, these 280X from November could have indeed ROIed and depending on electric costs can still be profitable today.

I was joking a little about ROI, although the late starters probably had to go back the their day jobs. And my electricity is expensive too...

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

(And yes, I wish I had used DNS rather than an IP address for a cloud server. I was in a hurry at the time, if you remember the meltdown going on during the big run up in users due to the run up in profits...)

I think you should definitely shut it down to put another nail in this coffin.  I've seen more zombies here than on The Walking Dead.

The good old days indeed. As far as I know Middlecoin was a major catalyst for a short lived frenzy of home made script mining rig  building. AMD should send h2o an award for all the video cards he helped sell.  A lot of coins were flowing and I hear a few people even mad ROI Wink

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Activity: 798

Sorry to hear that coinGeek, I would love to have the charts available for historical value. Like people from the future visiting the once great site of the best multi-pool created that paid over 30k USD to the operator, per month. Can't you reconfigure them on a lower performance level, move them to another server. And no, I can't sponsor the bill myself Smiley

That's a good question, but the IP address is coded into the Middlecoin HTML. It can't be moved to another address without someone changing the code on Middlecoin. But, h2o isn't answering PMs or on IRC lately.

Anyone with a Middlecoin login please speak up now!  Tongue     

I think you should definitely shut it down to put another nail in this coffin.  I've seen more zombies here than on The Walking Dead.

Sorry to hear that coinGeek, I would love to have the charts available for historical value. Like people from the future visiting the once great site of the best multi-pool created that paid over 30k USD to the operator, per month. Can't you reconfigure them on a lower performance level, move them to another server. And no, I can't sponsor the bill myself Smiley

That's a good question, but the IP address is coded into the Middlecoin HTML. It can't be moved to another address without someone changing the code on Middlecoin. But, h2o isn't answering PMs or on IRC lately.

Anyone with a Middlecoin login please speak up now!  Tongue    

legendary
Activity: 1442
I just posted a notice on the Middlecoin graph:

NOTICE:

I plan to turn off this graphs server due to the expense.

The expense is $30 per month. That and a little administrative effort on my part. I don't need this server for anything else anymore so it's just cutting into my mining profits -- if any   Wink.

h2o donated a bit for my efforts last year but that's been spent by now. He hasn't responded to my PMs so I'd say he's out of the picture.

If there's any interest maybe we can work something out...

--coinGeek

I just posted a notice on the Middlecoin graph:

NOTICE:

I plan to turn off this graphs server due to the expense.

The expense is $30 per month. That and a little administrative effort on my part. I don't need this server for anything else anymore so it's just cutting into my mining profits -- if any   Wink.

h2o donated a bit for my efforts last year but that's been spent by now. He hasn't responded to my PMs so I'd say he's out of the picture.

If there's any interest maybe we can work something out...

--coinGeek
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I am betting he owns another mining pool out there but just changed his name.... Anyone can create a new Nickname on bitcointalk and re-open a pool and advertise, there are quite a few pools mining the the "SO CALLED" most profitable coin... a whole 0.00130 BTC/MHS

I remember when it was 0.01 and people used to have a heart attack realising it was going down to 0.005 , now we really would love to go back to 0.005 and would dream to go back to 0.01
Pages:
Jump to: