Author

Topic: [ANN] Qora | Released 16 May | 100% POS | New Source - page 485. (Read 748234 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
I hope it is true !
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
When will the IPO end?
Can you tell me the exactly date?

The IPO will end on Wednesday 16 April 2014 1pm GMT.
Activity: 238
Very successful IPO Smiley
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
When will the IPO end?
Can you tell me the exactly date?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
very cool,I dont know if it will be success
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
This IS shady, there are many unknowns. Has anyone actually reviewed the code to make sure its not just the NXT source? Oh right! we can't because the dev has obfuscated the code:

Decompilation suggests it doesn't appear to be based on nxt code.

Thats great to hear.

@Dev: can we have a confirmation on this?

Update: I reread the OP and Qora is programmed from the ground-up, so it is not based on another cryptocurrency. No copy-paste. Just pure innovation.
Activity: 231
I downloaded the test client, whether can you send some test coin

Qoas Accounts Address: QipcMJwYqT78e9GLjpnJK8Fyu97bAuMNef

btw: why address can't copied? Only through the console input command "getAddresses", replicated in the address of the output

Sent you some.
You will be able to copy addresses it is just not there in the current version.
You can still copy the whole row if you use a shortcut.

Like notsoshifty pointed out if you want to check if the code is unique just use a packet tracer and see how it transfers data between nodes.
The network uses its own protocol that is built on tcp and not on http.

Activity: 639
Merit: 500
Very interesting. What is the purpose of this coin though?

To make the OP rich mainly.

Grin
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
escrow:15btc! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 420
Kamehameha!!!

To make the OP rich mainly.
Activity: 71
Good idea!Support the develope!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Activity: 140
I downloaded the test client, whether can you send some test coin

Qoas Accounts Address: QipcMJwYqT78e9GLjpnJK8Fyu97bAuMNef

btw: why address can't copied? Only through the console input command "getAddresses", replicated in the address of the output
Activity: 378
This IS shady, there are many unknowns. Has anyone actually reviewed the code to make sure its not just the NXT source? Oh right! we can't because the dev has obfuscated the code:
No offence but can you prove what you are saying? This could easily be the developer supporting the coin with claims not based on truth. I personally have invested but I want more than rumors and half truths.

Sure. A couple of suggestions for verifying it yourself:

1. Decompile & compare.

Install the JD-GUI Java decompiler (http://jd.benow.ca). Download the Qora bundle, unzip it, and load the jar file (Qora.jar) in JD-GUI. The decompiler doesn't do a perfect job (e.g. you can't compile the resulting code without errors), and the package and class names have been renamed ('a', 'b', 'c' etc) which makes it hard to follow. But you can at least compare it with the Nxt source code (current version on bitbucket; or the initial code released a while back), and see there are no obvious similarities.

2. Check messages between nodes.

Nxt uses json messages over HTTP. Do a packet trace (e.g. tcpdump or wireshark) whilst running Qora, and you’ll see this isn’t the case here.

3. Functionality

Qora has some functional differences that you can confirm by running it. For instance:
 - The account numbers aren’t similar to Nxt
 - Aliases don’t have the same naming restrictions
 - Whilst the minimum fee is 1 Qora, you can send <1 qora to another account
 - The UI is totally different

legendary
Activity: 1106

No offence but can you prove what you are saying? This could easily be the developer supporting the coin with claims not based on truth. I personally have invested but I want more than rumors and half truths.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction

Thats great to hear.

@Dev: can we have a confirmation on this?
Activity: 378

Activity: 92
smell Nxt
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
so funny how these nxt cultists have to spam every topic :p
are you guys really that scared of new altcoins?
after 6 months nxt still hasnt been able to add decimals or address validation lol :p

I think that nxt fans feel scared of these currencies, eg eXo, Qora, eMunie, NXTL, because all of them have potential to take NXT's place.

Don't let your recent investment in this project cloud your vision.
You are both biased. You invested so admitting any uncertainties would mean admitting an error in judgment.

It is very easy to create a clone with the current code so it will be obfuscated.
Irony much?  Roll Eyes

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE STOP INVESTING DIRECTLY TO THE DEVELOPER!
SEND YOUR BTC TO THE ESCROW!
Jump to: