Author

Topic: [ANN] QQCoin- Scrypt Jane, ASIC Resistant, N-Factor, Multipool Resistant - page 105. (Read 187348 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
How can I get my coins in altecx back? I still have some coins there and not yet paid out.

They have paid , check your wallet.

They are not paying yet. Still maintenance.
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
Mooncoin hit CoinEx...WTF

It's better than QQ? I don't think so. r u?
Activity: 66
QQC.CIPHERPOOL.COM

the pool is up and running smoothly.

yes this pool is our last hope, but check the last 20 blocks found,you will see someone else in another pool is swallow a whole lot of coins, we just find a tiny bit of it.
Activity: 98
QQC.CIPHERPOOL.COM

the pool is up and running smoothly.
i have different vga on my farm, and the noizz came only form his and xfx vga, other pcs and vaporx did not sound anything

you can switch back to ltc or another scrypt coin to check, 100% it not from cooling system (fan rpm , plastic. etc)
it came from vram and choke

Please excuse my poor english
Suggestion received.

So there is nothing I could do with the "z~z~zz~", right?

Thanks a lot!
If it's a lose bit of plastic, then maybe just tightening the screws that hold on the shroud will do it (one of my cards was doing a bit of buzzing until I adjusted the screws).

If it's coil whine, there's nothing that can be done. It's just luck of the draw and it's actually due to different ceramic mixtures within the capacitors. These different mixtures may resonant at certain frequencies of power draw, causing them to vibrate on the PCB slightly.

Coil whine is no cause for concern at all, you can even change the frequency of the noise by modulating the power draw. Also, it usually gets quieter with time and use.

I've done some test. Now I'm roughly sure not the fan causing the noise in my case.

I learned a lot from you guyz, although the noise still be.

So kind of you, efx, Al_Bundy, bigradeon , thanks a lot!

Activity: 154
How can I get my coins in altecx back? I still have some coins there and not yet paid out.

They have paid , check your wallet.
Activity: 70
Suggestion received.

Thanks a lot!
Check with GPU-Z if the fan speed is jumping around.
Could be the noise from the fan speeding up and slowing down.
Once I was hitting just the right temperature to make the fan speed up to 100% and slow down. It made noise

Also, can the fan be hitting the back of the card next to it? Fans sag a little in a tower case and air pressure pulls them out at high RPM also. Those PCIE slots are so close together
efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Suggestion received.

Thanks a lot!
If it's a lose bit of plastic, then maybe just tightening the screws that hold on the shroud will do it (one of my cards was doing a bit of buzzing until I adjusted the screws).

If it's coil whine, there's nothing that can be done. It's just luck of the draw and it's actually due to different ceramic mixtures within the capacitors. These different mixtures may resonant at certain frequencies of power draw, causing them to vibrate on the PCB slightly.

Coil whine is no cause for concern at all, you can even change the frequency of the noise by modulating the power draw. Also, it usually gets quieter with time and use.
Activity: 394
Activity: 70
Please get CryptoValley back up.
I really liked it there.
Suggestion received.

Thanks a lot!
efx
Er the vram? Really?

Coil whine is unrelated to the vram and I've never heard of vram making noise.
Just started mining. This script is so much easier on the gpu! I actually thought something was wrong when the temps of my 290s didn't go up to their usual levels.
Yes, it's differs from usual scrypt called Jane's, and also I like it's work on low temperature of card.

I also get the sound "z~z~~zz~~z~" from some of my cards. Why?

Does anybody know?

Wondering……

this noizzy sound came from Vram, it's normal dont worry
efx
Well, it has to be related the fans, maybe you've got a lose bit of plastic somewhere that's vibrating intermittently due to the slight vibrations coming from fans spinning at high RPMs.

Really, the only other possible source of noise would be coil hum/whine, and I don't think that's what you're describing.

I still have a question: why exactly is the nfactor changing at all unless this coin has the intention of eventually reducing GPU efficiency until it is no better than a CPU?

I was going to dig into the source and do a comparison to Yak but I'm hoping someone else has already done this.

Either way, I see practically zero benefit behind the nfactor change. Am I missing something?

At least it wasn't falsely advertised as 'cpu only' like so many other coins.

(Note, I still have QQC so this is not idle trolling, just a genuine question)
Just started mining. This script is so much easier on the gpu! I actually thought something was wrong when the temps of my 290s didn't go up to their usual levels.
Yes, it's differs from usual scrypt called Jane's, and also I like it's work on low temperature of card.

I also get the sound "z~z~~zz~~z~" from some of my cards. Why?

Does anybody know?

Wondering……
Activity: 434
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
Etherscan.io
Just started mining. This script is so much easier on the gpu! I actually thought something was wrong when the temps of my 290s as they didn't go up to their usual levels.

Yes, that's another plus point. The GPU stays cooler.. lesser heat, lesser noise, lesser power
Activity: 154
Anyone know good pool ? 3 pool have same prolem. slow, ddos,
legendary
Activity: 876
Merit: 1000
Etherscan.io
Can't mine moon, turn back to QQcoin Grin

The way the difficulty went up with moon... only those who mined in the first hour would have made something decent. At least with QQC we all got our fair share of orphans  Grin
Jump to: