Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] QRL - Announcing the Quantum Resistant Ledger - page 34. (Read 186351 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1
The discussion on protection from a quantum computer at the moment is very interesting. As I understand it is still necessary to solve a lot of problems. Even if a solution is created to protect against a quantum computer for a Btc network, users will first have to transfer their coins to another Blockchain using their private key, and then either deactivate this key or transfer their coins again to a new address. For most people this problem is not quite clear at the moment, but soon everything will change.

I read Bitcoin has about 25% of the circulating supply sitting in lost addresses. So nobody will be transferring those coins to quantum proof addresses after a fork. That much coins for grabs, it's end of story for Bitcoin.
The big boys in blockchain don't want people to know the problem, because it also pretty much ends their projects. But the truth will come out eventually and this info will be mainstream.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
The discussion on protection from a quantum computer at the moment is very interesting. As I understand it is still necessary to solve a lot of problems. Even if a solution is created to protect against a quantum computer for a Btc network, users will first have to transfer their coins to another Blockchain using their private key, and then either deactivate this key or transfer their coins again to a new address. For most people this problem is not quite clear at the moment, but soon everything will change.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
Do you know if anonymity/privacy will be included in QRL or will it be similar to BitCoin in that regard?! That is to say, not fully anonymous but not easily traceable either?
I think privacy and identity protection is an important point right now within cryptos and I wondered if QRL has a platform to build on this?!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Hi Mofo, nice you join the discussion. There is no working wallet because mainnet hasn't launched yet. It's an ERC20 token so you can use MEW as a wallet for now.

Word up bastard...✌️
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

At the end of the article it says "The risks associated with the quantum computing, however, are somewhat distant, potentially giving researchers time to build encryption ‘patches’ that will handle the quantum computing risks."

Is that really possible ? How much time do u think let's say BTC would need to 'patch' their blockchain to become Quantum Resistant?
Hi Mofo, nice you join the discussion. There is no working wallet because mainnet hasn't launched yet. It's an ERC20 token so you can use MEW as a wallet for now.
We need main net and a working wallet. This coin is underlooked  and undervalued...

Perhaps we should announce a FAKE PARTNERSHIP with MICROSOFT and throw in a CENTRAL BANK to COORDINATE the consensus! Yes that would do it!

No. Hello from the other side.

Then why you mofos bullshit too much.....if you can't produce  and create a working wallet......I want to spit on your face .......take my word nigg.....
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
I think the technology behind QRL is very complex and I really hope we can get a successful launch of the main net soon.

I beleive this can be a really big crypto of the future and that when people start to see the need for this then having QRL already established the base technology will be amazing times for this coin.

But because the technology is so complex and we are talking about a long time here before BlcokChain technology becomes vulnerable to Quantum Computing I ave a hard time seeing this as a huge gainer in the short term. Mostly because crypto investors are mostly/always looking for what they can make money on now not 20 years from now. The persons interested in QRL are real long term people and see the potential I think but for that to work ou ahve to be really disiplined.

I am not sure I am disiplined enough to hold this coin for 10 years to see the amazing gains when awareness begins to increase. I really like this coin and want to find reasons to keep increasing my stake in it but do you see any huge gains being made in QRL in 2018 already?! PLease convince me, I am looking for reasons to HOLD Smiley

It's soooo tradeable.
Convince yourself by knowing a lot of people think like you do. “Quantum computers. Ok, I read that’s like 10 years from now. I’ll be back later.” And after finnishing that thought most look no further into the complete aspects of the project.
Price is undervalued. Buy now, and a 25% gain next year, will be a 100%+ gain on your investment you put down now, because it will be doubled by then a few times. Emagin you bought ETH for a few bucks.

But QRL doesn't only focus on quantum resistance. It's their primary focus before launch, because after launch it's to late to become 100% resistant. Look at the list of things below of things to come, and keep in mind that the base of these things is 1 of the most secure cryptography around, if not THE most secure, and therefore the most safe there is. People put their hard earned cash in crypto, safety is for most one of the biggest priorities. And not just the safety of your money has quantum secure cryptography as protection, AL of the below has this high end security feature:
   •   PQ secure digital identification
   •   Blockchain based ultra secure digital ID.
   •   Leveraging Ephemeral messaging layer with off chain services: PQ secure data channels, PQ secure comms, PQ secure messenger services, PQ secure VOIP, maybe even in the future PQ secure VPN. They actually had their first milestone on this subject a while ago: QRL managed to create a working, blockchain-based, decentralized, ephemeral, post-quantum cryptography secure textmessage conversation. https://twitter.com/QRLedger/status/935620455922364416
so that is:
- Blockchain-based and decentralized: we all know what that means. But now instead of the bank, you take out the phone company.
- Ephemeral: like snapchat, the message isn't stored anywhere, so it's a burn after reading, where the burning happens automaticly.
- And it's also like whatsapp where only the sender and the receiver get to be able to read the encrypted message.
- Post-quantum cryptography: meaning not even a quantum computer can hack this data. It's quantum secure.
Lots of people think: "Well, who cares, an upgraded message service.." Here's the thing: it's maybe a few words now, but still, it's data being transferred. Doesn't have to be text, can be any kind of data in the future. This opens the door to the PQ secure list mentioned at the beginning of this bulletpoint.
   •   PQ secure provenance and proof-of-existence services.
   •   Feasibility of smart contract integration. (!)
   •   PoS with no minimum amount needed to stake. Also possible on low cost, low energy device like Rasp Pi3.
   •   Ledgerwallet

Other than that, the development of quantum computers will be a lot faster than 10 years.
See how development speed up this year. The media didn't connect those dots yet. (51 qubit quantum computer = quantum supremacy where it is more powerfull than a supercomputer.)
- 2010: They had a 3 qubit quantum computer working that calculated the energy spectrum of molecular hydrogen to high precision. So that day the part where anybody doubted quantum computers woull be realized some day AND would have usefull working coding, was vaporized. There are still people saying, "well it's just theory now, not sure if quantum computers will even exist." They missed this news. Its already functional, now they need to get them powerfull enough to outgrow supercomputers.
That's happening fast now:
- IBM may 2017 made a 16 qubit quantum computer
- IBM nov 2017 made a 50 qubit quantum computer
- Google announced to have a 51 qubit quantum computer at the end of 2017
- 2017: Microsoft reveals an unnamed quantum programming language, integrated with Visual Studio. Programs can be executed locally on a 32-qubit simulator, or a 40-qubit simulator on Azure. They made it into a quantum coding development kit. Coding will develop fast now.

Now that’s just a short list of the tip of the iceberg of development. There are tons of companies working on coding and hardware development. It’s an arms race speeding up.

But don’t forget the secret projects of banks, agencies and countries like USA, China, Russia etc. They won’t give up how far their development is.

Now don't buy in out of fear for quantum computers. Buy in because it's a great sollid project.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
I think the technology behind QRL is very complex and I really hope we can get a successful launch of the main net soon.

I beleive this can be a really big crypto of the future and that when people start to see the need for this then having QRL already established the base technology will be amazing times for this coin.

But because the technology is so complex and we are talking about a long time here before BlcokChain technology becomes vulnerable to Quantum Computing I ave a hard time seeing this as a huge gainer in the short term. Mostly because crypto investors are mostly/always looking for what they can make money on now not 20 years from now. The persons interested in QRL are real long term people and see the potential I think but for that to work ou ahve to be really disiplined.

I am not sure I am disiplined enough to hold this coin for 10 years to see the amazing gains when awareness begins to increase. I really like this coin and want to find reasons to keep increasing my stake in it but do you see any huge gains being made in QRL in 2018 already?! PLease convince me, I am looking for reasons to HOLD Smiley
We need main net and a working wallet. This coin is underlooked  and undervalued...

Perhaps we should announce a FAKE PARTNERSHIP with MICROSOFT and throw in a CENTRAL BANK to COORDINATE the consensus! Yes that would do it!

No. Hello from the other side.

The. Why the fuccccc you mofos bullshit....give bullshit and fake dates .......a real man keeps his word but a motherfuccccccer..............
Activity: 171
Merit: 105
GUYS WHAT THE HECKING CRAP WHERE IS MAINNET ALREADY??!!! AND WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE FAKE SCAMMY DETAILED TWITTER UPDATES ABOUT THE PROJECT?!!! HAHA LIKE ANYONE IS FALLING FOR THAT

TESTNET SHMESTNET ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!!

YOURE ALL NOTHING BUT BTC STEALING DISCORD BANNING PYTHON SCRIPT MONKEYS
You okay there, bud?
Activity: 6
GUYS WHAT THE HECKING CRAP WHERE IS MAINNET ALREADY??!!! AND WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE FAKE SCAMMY DETAILED TWITTER UPDATES ABOUT THE PROJECT?!!! HAHA LIKE ANYONE IS FALLING FOR THAT

TESTNET SHMESTNET ILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!!!

YOURE ALL NOTHING BUT BTC STEALING DISCORD BANNING PYTHON SCRIPT MONKEYS
Activity: 68
Shame QRL is starting to bleed now while most other alts are starting to recover or jumping insanely.. I expect QRL to rebound over 10k over the next few days/weeks as this bull run has affected most markets. Not sure if it will stay there though, not until mainnet at least.

Look lads...

We are up about 100% in a month in terms of FIAT and we are close to the 0.00008 BTC line where we were a month ago (see below pic).

So the only one really bleeding here is Sammy.

Not exactly, the ones who bleed are the bag holders that bought back in june 2017 at the all time high. I didnt buy a lot at that time, but I bought the high, because I listened to some dude while I was really inexperienced. Well lesson learned. Never ever listen to anyone on the internet. I hope we will pass that level at some point again when mainnet is released. I still think its good to have some QRL in the wallet and plan to hold it long term, also bought some more recently, but to finally be in the greens would also be nice!

History lesson 1.

What other coin was it that first had a small peak of close to 3$ then dropped all the way down to 0.40$ (even more so in terms of BTC) then almost a year later rallied to a peak of 18$ and is now at 700+$ ?

https://image.ibb.co/cW71FR/ETH_history.jpg

Nice mate, thanks for this history lesson! You made my day! Would be awesome to see QRL trade at similar levels one day. Im sure while Ethereum was trading this low, nobody could imagine that it would trade this high one day, same goes for me now with QRL. However Im going to hold QRL forever anyways Smiley

Yeah, I'll hold QRL to hit at least $500 first
Fun: I just make my swear: If QRL hit $500, I will wear T-shirt with QRL logo all days in 3 years. If QRL hit $1000, I will make a QRL tattoo on my body Smiley
Hopefully, I will show you this tattoo in a near day Smiley

@WilderX: can you share me your signature code? Thanks!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Shame QRL is starting to bleed now while most other alts are starting to recover or jumping insanely.. I expect QRL to rebound over 10k over the next few days/weeks as this bull run has affected most markets. Not sure if it will stay there though, not until mainnet at least.

Look lads...

We are up about 100% in a month in terms of FIAT and we are close to the 0.00008 BTC line where we were a month ago (see below pic).

Not exactly, the ones who bleed are the bag holders that bought back in june 2017 at the all time high. I didnt buy a lot at that time, but I bought the high, because I listened to some dude while I was really inexperienced. Well lesson learned. Never ever listen to anyone on the internet. I hope we will pass that level at some point again when mainnet is released. I still think its good to have some QRL in the wallet and plan to hold it long term, also bought some more recently, but to finally be in the greens would also be nice!

History lesson 1.

What other coin was it that first had a small peak of close to 3$ then dropped all the way down to 0.40$ (even more so in terms of BTC) then almost a year later rallied to a peak of 18$ and is now at 700+$ ?

Nice mate, thanks for this history lesson! You made my day! Would be awesome to see QRL trade at similar levels one day. Im sure while Ethereum was trading this low, nobody could imagine that it would trade this high one day, same goes for me now with QRL. However Im going to hold QRL forever anyways Smiley
Activity: 597
Merit: 504

Look lads...

History lesson 1.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

Look lads...

Top comment, hilarious. Yeah that's true fiat value is holding well, I would expect and uptrend to start any time in the near future.
Pages:
Jump to: