Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Raptoreum - POW (GhostRider) | ASIC And FPGA Resistant | Mainnet Is Live - page 26. (Read 38064 times)

copper member
Activity: 166
Merit: 6
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
https://lambowie.com (not open yet) will be probably the first real world use for Raptoreum. Each hand forged Damascus blade has a sub-asset issued for it which also contains IPFS files such as pictures, short video, and bill of sale. This makes each knife provable unique as well as provides a timestamp so the blade age is known. Once smart contracts are available the process will be mostly automated.
Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
Fork of a forked coin this understandable but next question will be how will you fork the support what Ravencoin has ? You need strong use cases and huge support in order to give sign of your existence once the mainnet will be live. They have financial and moral support by growing number of people while you have to start with scratch. Well, it will remain to see the competition between the two.

The main difference is the trustless aspect. RVN was designed to function around an exchange once assets start costing mulah of some shape or form. There are several ways completely around that which we'll be publishing a couple of articles on shortly.

copper member
Fork of a forked coin this understandable but next question will be how will you fork the support what Ravencoin has ? You need strong use cases and huge support in order to give sign of your existence once the mainnet will be live. They have financial and moral support by growing number of people while you have to start with scratch. Well, it will remain to see the competition between the two.

It isn't easy to carve out a spot but we will, and build a strong community. We are also targeting different markets then RVN such as DAPP devs, we should also generate interest among companies and corporations that want the additional power and flexibility of smart contracts + assets. These are areas that RVN is not in due to only having assets, in addition it is possible that we will be offering additional network protection against things like 51% and double spend, again attractive for large business and corporation.

I don't see Raptoreum really as competing directly with RVN, as we are doing things quite differently then them.

We have real world use out of the box and that will only grow stronger as we add smart contracts. We are active writing up real world use examples that utilize both assets and smart contracts so people can easily get a good idea of why we are doing what we are doing and just what Raptoreum is capable of.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001
copper member
Well I was a bit busy with family etc so I obviously did not make it before end 2018 Smiley Biggest objectives for 2019 in a nutshell would be:

1.) Mainnet launch
2.) Getting Smart Contracts developed and live
3.) Promotion and getting some actual real world uses going

For the first objective, when the main net of Raptoreum will be launched?
Has the launch day been identified yet?

There is no ETA yet for mainnet. We are still a few months away from mainnet launch.
copper member
copper member
Happy New Years to you all!!

2019 should be epic!
Which objectives are the biggest ones of Raptoreum next year?
Can you disclose them before the end of 2018, please.

Well I was a bit busy with family etc so I obviously did not make it before end 2018 Smiley Biggest objectives for 2019 in a nutshell would be:

1.) Mainnet launch
2.) Getting Smart Contracts developed and live
3.) Promotion and getting some actual real world uses going
copper member
Happy New Years to you all!!

2019 should be epic!
Gentlemen,

I win the dick measuring contest  Grin Cause you're both right.

The music use case as presented initially is a bit fuzzy. However, rather than just knocking it getting it clarified might have added more inches  Grin

What hasn't been mentioned officially but is also being looked at is:

Dox secured Micro lending with levels.

Various forms of gambling and wager offering (pretty much oldschool bookmaking where the bookie sets to odds and "take it or leave it") with a peer to peer aspect as well.

Mini futures trading paying X now for Y at a set date.

The way I understood the discussions was that we'd present the Music usecase as it was the one with the most detailed "ideas" on. The others are all very buildable from the technical discussions I've been party to.

@kingcolex
Hop on Discord and join us https://discord.gg/pfj8WWg feedback is always welcome.
copper member
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone on this brilliant project  Grin Grin Grin

Back at you and to everybody else Smiley

Things are a little slow over the holidays, we are chipping away at a real use case writeup for artists in the music industry.
Honestly a pretty weak use case unless you build essentially a musix and art hosting platform and those can view/tip/buy it on the platform. I guess it's better than nothing which is what most choose.

The music industry is pretty broad so saying it is a weak use case without knowing any details is a little premature imo Smiley There will be a few different ones we are working on to give examples of how Raptoreum can be utilized with both smart contracts and assets.

This particular one is helping artists with distribution and track music ownership, as well as royalties down the ladder which becomes pretty complex quickly, and is costing artists substantial losses in a already tough industry. We are simply providing examples it is up to developers to come up with all the nitty gritty details and mechanics.

If anybody else has ideas for use cases ideas I would love to hear about them.
copper member
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone on this brilliant project  Grin Grin Grin

Back at you and to everybody else Smiley

Things are a little slow over the holidays, we are chipping away at a real use case writeup for artists in the music industry.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone on this brilliant project  Grin Grin Grin
copper member
I don't see any information in the web site, whether they're running, I don't know where his error. If anyone could tell me where I can read and learn about the project?

Click the button "About Us" most resources are listed there, as well as on the first post of this ANN. If you have anything unanswered after that let me know just what is the piece missing and I will answer it for you.

Edit: We are not running, testnet development is underway and we will announce a date for launch on that soon TM Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
I don't see any information in the web site, whether they're running, I don't know where his error. If anyone could tell me where I can read and learn about the project?
Real Use Case Development

The above use case bounty has generated some very cool ideas, specifically for the music industry. We have now a couple people from the music industry working on a use case for Raptoreum and it is extremely exciting to see this so early in Raptoreums life. This use case will take advantage of the Asset platform and smart contracts, we will be publishing a full and in depth paper on this when it is complete, and there is a very good chance it will be picked up, developed, and used once Raptoreum makes smart contracts available.

More awesome sauce Cheesy 
copper member
Real Use Case Development

The above use case bounty has generated some very cool ideas, specifically for the music industry. We have now a couple people from the music industry working on a use case for Raptoreum and it is extremely exciting to see this so early in Raptoreums life. This use case will take advantage of the Asset platform and smart contracts, we will be publishing a full and in depth paper on this when it is complete, and there is a very good chance it will be picked up, developed, and used once Raptoreum makes smart contracts available.
copper member
Original post updated (added "Progress" section).
Pages:
Jump to: