Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Ripple is officially open-source! w/link - page 5. (Read 24528 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Perhaps one of the many Ripple Labs employees who posted in this thread could rebute something I said on RippleScam.org? Their silence is revealing.

Mah87, what is one of the "lies" on RippleScam? It is up to you to prove I am lying, not the other way around. This is basic stuff.

Also, remember when I corrected Joel Katz on Ripple?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
I'm digging thru the code trying to get what it is about. It will take a lot of time to get understanding of the sources without a good manual. Is there any btw?

Unfortunately there is no definitive "programmer's manual" that explains the operation of the program, but if you post in the Ripple Development forum with your question I will do my best to try to answer.

Thank you.
donator
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
I'm digging thru the code trying to get what it is about. It will take a lot of time to get understanding of the sources without a good manual. Is there any btw?

Unfortunately there is no definitive "programmer's manual" that explains the operation of the program, but if you post in the Ripple Development forum with your question I will do my best to try to answer.

Satoshi included a Genesis block generator in the code with comments. Why is this not the case here? Afraid of competition that will distribute XRPs fairly?

Your arguments are worst and worst... Opencoin team is still waiting you on www.ripple.com/forum to answer all your questions... It seems you don't want to ask there because your lies would be exposed.
vip
👻

For comparison, Satoshi included a Genesis block generator in the code with comments.
Wow. Reading this thread was like watching Gladiator.  Trade just tore right through them.  Thanks for the morning coffee entertainment.

You're welcome, those with logical thinking capacities have quite different reactions to Ripple compared to the "get rich quick, pump and dump" folks.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Wow. Reading this thread was like watching Gladiator.  Trade just tore right through them.  Thanks for the morning coffee entertainment.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH

We also have a bounty program for critical bugs.

Congrats overall and this is great news especially.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Is any trick in it ?

Here it is:

as soon as they can figure out our config files Cheesy

vip
👻
Saying everyone can choose the validators that they like best is a misleading claim. If you don't choose OpenCoin in your UNL, you will not get the same transactions as any other ripple user. This point is elaborated in more detail in RippleScam.org
This is completely wrong and you would see that if you would actually run a rippled.

To convert XRP to BTC one actually just needs to use the Bitstamp bridge - just send money to a BTC address from within the official client and it will automatically trade on the Ripple market and send it on the Blockchain for you. I do not know if Bitstamp will stop this in the future for AML reasons, though there is the chance that others might provide similar services.
If you don't have ripple UNLs (direct or indirect) you will get different ledgers.

When did I talk about Ripple bridges? Also keep in mind bitstamp is hard coded in the ripple web client.
Activity: 504
If this is true then they are great news.
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Is any trick in it ?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006
Saying everyone can choose the validators that they like best is a misleading claim. If you don't choose OpenCoin in your UNL, you will not get the same transactions as any other ripple user. This point is elaborated in more detail in RippleScam.org
This is completely wrong and you would see that if you would actually run a rippled.

To convert XRP to BTC one actually just needs to use the Bitstamp bridge - just send money to a BTC address from within the official client and it will automatically trade on the Ripple market and send it on the Blockchain for you. I do not know if Bitstamp will stop this in the future for AML reasons, though there is the chance that others might provide similar services.
Activity: 511
Hempire Loading...
Hell Yeah!

Lived up to their promise and the price is rising fast.  XRP might hit some record highs soon!
donator
Activity: 756
-Bitcoin & Ripple-
Watching TF struggle over the upcoming months will be the most entertaining thing on this forum since Pirate and Matthew.

In regards to your smear campaign, good luck getting ROI on that one, you dun goofed!  (I dare you to pay another year of google adwords for ripplescam.   Cheesy)
That's funny, because ripple scam project was never for profit. There's no ROI to achieve.

If you only talk to the tiny amount of Ripple shills, of course you'll think I'm struggling. But take a look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tradefortress-301778 Smiley

FYI, my AdWords campaign for RippleScam is still running. I've tuned it so I pay less than a cent per impression of ripplescam.org Smiley

You are not asking your question in ripple forum cause you know JoelKatz would answer all of them. Do your critism there, ask for answers, then if they can't answer i'll follow you Wink

Again: www.ripple.com/forum

since you are not doing that , it's just because you are spreading lies.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
You can on Bitstamp.
Exchange them on Ripple with IOU BTC Bitstamp, deposit them on Bitstamp and withdraw them Smiley
Do it quick through if you don't want to go through the hassle of getting AML verified, https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-new-verification-requirements/ BitStamp is requiring AML for Bitcoin transfers (ie deposits, withdrawals) as of Sep 30th. You've got a few days.

HostFat and mah87, still waiting for a response. Or do you think I deserve "a bullet to the head"?  Huh

hey trade do you think bitstamp could just deny a bundle of existing users their AML applications and seize their BTC
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Watching TF struggle over the upcoming months will be the most entertaining thing on this forum since Pirate and Matthew.

In regards to your smear campaign, good luck getting ROI on that one, you dun goofed!  (I dare you to pay another year of google adwords for ripplescam.   Cheesy)
That's funny, because ripple scam project was never for profit. There's no ROI to achieve.

If you only talk to the tiny amount of Ripple shills, of course you'll think I'm struggling. But take a look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/tradefortress-301778 Smiley

FYI, my AdWords campaign for RippleScam is still running. I've tuned it so I pay less than a cent per impression of ripplescam.org Smiley

Oh you did expect ROI, namely hoping to get the Ripple VC money turned into Butts and profiting from the resulting capital gains.
vip
👻

In regards to your smear campaign, good luck getting ROI on that one, you dun goofed!  (I dare you to pay another year of google adwords for ripplescam.   Cheesy)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

vip
👻
You can on Bitstamp.
Exchange them on Ripple with IOU BTC Bitstamp, deposit them on Bitstamp and withdraw them Smiley
Do it quick through if you don't want to go through the hassle of getting AML verified, https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitstamp-new-verification-requirements/ BitStamp is requiring AML for Bitcoin transfers (ie deposits, withdrawals) as of Sep 30th. You've got a few days.

HostFat and mah87, still waiting for a response. Or do you think I deserve "a bullet to the head"?  Huh
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
You can on Bitstamp.
vip
👻
Is it possible to sell ripple for BTC?
I still have 10000 ripple from some giveaway I have no use for.
Any good exchanges?

Try BitStamp.
Pages:
Jump to: