Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI - page 56. (Read 271862 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 265
Can someone explain this to me? a couple of the mintings have confirmed but most of them are saying "Generated but not accepted" What does that mean when it comes to PoS no one else has the same coins right? Does PoS still do the whole finding blocks thing?

This also happens to me, anyone know the reason?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I think I screwed up the staking by trying to tidy up my coins, I moved my smaller amounts of coins to one single address hoping it would fix the dust issue but I guess even though it's the same wallet it looks to the system that I moved my oldest coins to a new address and thus they are no longer 'aged' (although I shouldn't have been able to move coins that were being staked??) I really don't understand this whole PoS thing.

I have to see it seems like there is useful information missing from the wallet, Like I can only see how much money each address has if I got to the advance send page. and Nothing mentions the age or maturity of a coin or collection of coins. I expect this is something that can be seen from the block explorer? Although I haven't figure out how yet.. and err information is getting a bit spread out now, maybe a wiki would be useful, I'm sure I read that coins start to age at 4 hours, what is their maximum age? (and if someone could convert that to like, so 1 day old coins earn 1%, 30 day old coins earn 3% type terminology that'd be really handy.

Finally Bitsta I know feature requests maybe be a bit late at this point, you've already hardforked once, (personally I thing 5% would be a better PoS rewards but I'll live, but I'd like to suggest as a further incentive to hoard, that you include some kind of lottery, kinda like premium bonds in the UK if you're familiar with that) I'm not quite sure how you'd accomplish it, I know lottocoin used a random block reward for mining, I don't know if you can use the same thing for minting, because I assume that a single person doesn't find a "block" in the same sense with PoS. But some system where you earn your 3% but also ever time you mint a coin you have a random chance of minting anywhere from 10 - 10,000 root and obviously the more you're staking the more virtual tickets you have.

I'm not sure how it would eventually be funded but I assume at least for now with cutting of PoW early, that your numbers are now short of the 3 mil mark anyway.
Can someone explain this to me? a couple of the mintings have confirmed but most of them are saying "Generated but not accepted" What does that mean when it comes to PoS no one else has the same coins right? Does PoS still do the whole finding blocks thing?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7949294/2014-09-07%20-%2005.37.51%20%7E%20capture.png
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005
Okay I'm minting, can someone explain this dummies style to me, it's 3% per year right? cos I have a lot of transactions coming in right now, and immediately I'm noticing 2 things, first there's a lot a dust, tons of very tiny transactions, what's causing this? is it because I have amy money in several addresses in my wallet instead of just one? second some of the transactions are for reasonable amounts, like 0.25 root, which seems like a lot if we're talking 3% per year, maybe someone can explain the math to me cos I am really dumb on these things.

The wallet has started staking!

When i saw your post, i opened my Root wallet and i can see that those small transactions are for staking. Wow, will keep it open and see how much interest i can acumulate before the price goes through the roof Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 102
Today if Bitkey launches, the more ROOTSHARE I would buy!
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
My coin has been stolen, 19999.9ROOT

where and how?

(btw - checking your coins on the chain just shows me the load you dumped at bittrex on 26th august through 2 transactions(and some other small tx)

In bittrex.com,is replaced with BTC from the ~

At  bittrex currency must mail confirmation, no email me that day is gone

where and how?

(btw - checking your coins on the chain just shows me the load you dumped at bittrex on 26th august through 2 transactions(and some other small tx)

In bittrex.com,is replaced with BTC from the ~
Okay I'm minting, can someone explain this dummies style to me, it's 3% per year right? cos I have a lot of transactions coming in right now, and immediately I'm noticing 2 things, first there's a lot a dust, tons of very tiny transactions, what's causing this? is it because I have amy money in several addresses in my wallet instead of just one? second some of the transactions are for reasonable amounts, like 0.25 root, which seems like a lot if we're talking 3% per year, maybe someone can explain the math to me cos I am really dumb on these things.
Activity: 28
where is the BitKey? where is the dev?

i am here. coding&coding.
you can say the time we can see bitkey ,we can just wait on that
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
r00t-dev

i am here. coding&coding.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Activity: 140
r00t-dev

where and how?

Activity: 504

How? Where were they? Exchange?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
now 9258 and I've just withdrawn another 2k from bittrex to my wallet. I still have enough on there for playing around with. Geez if root kits 100k sat and I sell everything I'm holding at that price I'll make about £10,000 which would be pretty fricken sweet.

Not that I would dump everything (at least not all at once). But It'd be nice to recoup my initial investment and make a couple of btc to invest into rootEX

Edit: oooh 9300 can anyone tell me what those numbers mean in real terms? PoS is 3% a year right? which isn't exactly a fortune, although a better interest rate than my bank. Still with the instability oh altcoins it's not like it's something that right now you'd want to leave your savings in. That's the problem with PoS I think. It's such a small reward for holding onto large chunks of something exceedingly volatile, in theory it's fine but in practice until an alt coin proves to be at least as stable as btc and preferably a lot more, no one is going to want to keep hold of much of it for too long.
Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
Less than 40 blocks to go oooh PoS here we come, apparently my weight is 8908, don't know if that's good or not. I took advantage of the low price to buy another 800 root, geez I really hope the coin doesn't flop, I have a heck of a lot of it.
I didn't do to well my weight is 6 what I mined. lol
Pages:
Jump to: