Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal - page 11. (Read 60561 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
I realize that SilkCoin is NOT NOW a scam. I followed it very closely before but have since divested and given up.

I don't have time to read everything and have mostly given up on altcoins and just stick to btc with a little NXT or something to offset the unlikely event that 51% will happen, although all crypocurrencies will probably take a price hit because of panic selling if that were to happen.

I was wondering if anyone noticed all the similarities between VootCoin and SilkCoin? Almost exact same ideas, e.g. , decentralized marketplace. Then "team of devs" who may never have existed run off or something. One "dev" comes back with 8 BTC from sold premine asking to rebuild in the case of SilkCoin, 10 BTC in the case of VootCoin. Here's where they go seperate ways with VootCoin maybe going for scam 2.0 . SilkCoin has community takeover, VootCoin still has original team member or something. I still have investigating to do but any input on this would be appreciated.

Goriilajam I would've took you more seriously if you didn't accuse me of being Shimahl all the time. Nevertheless I humbly offer my public apology to gorrilajam and megaman who may have been wrong about specific details but appear to be generally right about the scam, and were taking the time and effort to warn others. Thanks for your efforts, though at the time I was criticizing both of you. Sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
How much was your donation bro?
This is mine

5d3bb928c594f138334305b2456b4f7dfe58e68c777b78ac7565277efc0ba7d7-000
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Current voting poll on rebranding.
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52
Silkcoin 56%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 7%
Silk 34%
SilkCrypto 1%
P2P Bazaar - Ecosystem 0%
Silk Exchange - Ecosytem 0%
Phenocoin 2%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%
Total votes: 89

Please post on forum if another vote will be needed as question was raised about silkcoin2, silkcoin2.0, silkcoin 1.1 etc.

I can make another poll if this is the case. 

At the moment it seems overwhelmingly that the name Silkcoin is chosen to remain the same.

The name will need to be finalized before moving forward with web development/marketing/fundraising.
We currently have 3 web developers in trello (maybe more?  Smiley) and translators for 4 different languages.
Multiple marketing and social media campaign ideas ready to be chosen and implemented.

The Camel Marches On. Grin

I think someone mentioned SilkStream, which I think would be a good poll option to included.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
我们需要重新创建一个线程,编辑界面.发布消息,bholzer是个不可靠的人
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 630
Merit: 505

By cleaning the cookies and disconneting/reconnecting the modem, one can vote multiple times. I bet the old dev has voted two dozens of times already for silkcoin. Cheesy

Some thoughts: perhaps the right to vote should be earned by making a donation of N minimum SC.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find enough time to fully explore trello yet. Wouldn't it be possible to create a group of members with the 'right to vote' and let voting take place there?

Yes we are exploring the idea of having a diminishing paid to vote system - whereas 1 silk= 1 vote up to 20k and diminishes accordingly after that.  2fA and captcha to combat bots.  All funds for voting go to development of project.  Is in web development card presently at the bazaar.

Sorry arteleis, didn't notice it.

Lol its okay, I've posted quite a bit of stuff in the last few days. haha
Sent 10000 silk to fund.

We need to lift it asap.

The longer we wait, the more difficult it is going to be to get attention again. With the current price, The Silkcoin donations aren't worth that much.

Isn't there any place where we can do a request for hiring new devs??? This is the most important thing now.

People that want to invest, want to know what the future plans are of this coin.

I am not sure if this coin will survive with the same investors without new devs, because people who have SilkCoins at the moment, aren't going to invest in it again if there is no serious plan

Yes there are presently devs for hire, but are waiting for bholzer to finish as we want to give him the chance to complete his work.  There is a client upgrade presently in testing, and once confirmed will be released.

By cleaning the cookies and disconneting/reconnecting the modem, one can vote multiple times. I bet the old dev has voted two dozens of times already for silkcoin. Cheesy

Some thoughts: perhaps the right to vote should be earned by making a donation of N minimum SC.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find enough time to fully explore trello yet. Wouldn't it be possible to create a group of members with the 'right to vote' and let voting take place there?

Yes we are exploring the idea of having a diminishing paid to vote system - whereas 1 silk= 1 vote up to 20k and diminishes accordingly after that.  2fA and captcha to combat bots.  All funds for voting go to development of project.  Is in web development card presently at the bazaar.
Sent 10000 silk to fund.

We need to lift it asap.

The longer we wait, the more difficult it is going to be to get attention again. With the current price, The Silkcoin donations aren't worth that much.

Isn't there any place where we can do a request for hiring new devs??? This is the most important thing now.

People that want to invest, want to know what the future plans are of this coin.

I am not sure if this coin will survive with the same investors without new devs, because people who have SilkCoins at the moment, aren't going to invest in it again if there is no serious plan

In the meantime, we're hiring!
Have you got what it takes?

Current voting poll on rebranding.
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52
Silkcoin 56%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 7%
Silk 34%
SilkCrypto 1%
P2P Bazaar - Ecosystem 0%
Silk Exchange - Ecosytem 0%
Phenocoin 2%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%
Total votes: 89

Please post on forum if another vote will be needed as question was raised about silkcoin2, silkcoin2.0, silkcoin 1.1 etc.

I can make another poll if this is the case. 

At the moment it seems overwhelmingly that the name Silkcoin is chosen to remain the same.

The name will need to be finalized before moving forward with web development/marketing/fundraising.
We currently have 3 web developers in trello (maybe more?  Smiley) and translators for 4 different languages.
Multiple marketing and social media campaign ideas ready to be chosen and implemented.

The Camel Marches On. Grin

I've added all trello members to a review card at the Grand Bazaar.  Please review and post comments.

Who released this version? Bholzer?

No we are still waiting for Bholzer to release. Have had a few senior BTT members willing to lend a hand for the interim as we need a stable wallet.  Once everyone on trello has confirmed it works, I will post it here.

Please hold posting version in forum until Bazaar members have tested.  Don't want to release an untested version in the forum quite yet.   Wink
I've added all trello members to a review card at the Grand Bazaar.  Please review and post comments.

Who released this version? Bholzer?

No we are still waiting for Bholzer to release. Have had a few senior BTT members willing to lend a hand for the interim as we need a stable wallet.  Once everyone on trello has confirmed it works, I will post it here.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

Ive just tested that revision and its working flawlessly!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
I think you guys need to talk with the old main graphics developer and try and get him to sign on. He mentioned that we was going off on his own to start silky. Try and see if he can update graphics and help with a new website. The guy is quality and not easy to replace.

You must be kidding dude...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That guy (wulfensomething) has probably been identified as one of the two original dev-scammers. During the critical hours, instead of providing any explanation, he had been writing that it's game over for silkcoin and we'd better fork to silky and such BS. He tried to exploit dude and start a new coin. If you are not him posting under another account name, then you must be truly insane. My 2 cents.

Unfortunately this seems to have been proven correct. He did do good work, but does not seem to be a good man.  If there is evidence to support otherwise perhaps there should be a review.

I assume this is wulfcastle you are referring to?
Ive been messaged by him earlier in the peace and his style of writing seems rather much that of the scammers.
Pages:
Jump to: