Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Orion: Decentralized Cross-Crypto Mail - India - page 4. (Read 52727 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
We are trying to make the SaffronCoin PeerMarket the best decentralized shopping place. Some other coins that have a market just make use of entities traveling through the blockchain to just show it works. What is the point of a decentralized market when there are no actual sellers? We are lucky to have Pho_Tai (lino0spice on this forum) who himself is a merchant and has a wide range of products. He would be the only seller during the testing phases.

The final release would give you the same feel of using ebay/amazon or any other e-commerce site.

Including other coins to be used for purchasing products on the PeerMarket is pretty cool and would expand our ecosystem. This step would push towards altcoins working together for some exciting projects rather than compete against each other which has always been our vision.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Btw, we are 4 months old today! Thank you all for sticking with us!
We have an amazing and cool community.
Even more exciting stuff up ahead for us!

Good to see a wide variety of features in just 4 months of time span. Price is also stabilized at 3500 Sat. Keep it up. All the best !!

BTW, I added this to this list - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/next-big-thing-that-is-going-to-happen-in-crypto-currency-world-425402
Btw, we are 4 months old today! Thank you all for sticking with us!
We have an amazing and cool community.
Even more exciting stuff up ahead for us!
PeerMarket Update

The market is in stage of Opcode creation which would make the code identify when the a new order has to be created, bought or updated. There are some issues decoding the transaction. We are working on that.

For those new to this thread, PeerMarket will be integrating our coin recycler so u can pay for a product on the PeerMarket not just with SFR but also DOGE, MYR and RDD. If u have these coins somewhere and not using them, you can now make use of them by buying a product on the PeerMarket using that altcoin. Some developers and the community of other coins have requested to add their coin to our recycler so those coins can indirectly be used as a payment option on the PeerMarket.
We will be reviewing coins before we add them. At present, we personally like PINK, we feel it is a great coin and undervalued just like us. We may just consider adding them before the final release. There are some coins that we would like to become allies with and work on some great future projects.
Had a great chat with the Unocoin Team during the past couple of days. We are really excited that they are helping us as much as they can. We are working on some press releases and some future developments. Hope all goes well!
A comm member on IRC has created a Youtube video tutorial about using SFRPay. Some of u consider it to be a little complicated or may have some problems using it. This video should certainly help u out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q__MV-qujN4
PeerMarket Update

Ordernew is tested to create an encrypted order for the merchant.
The output gives a tx id. The tx id contains the entire order details. Extracting the data from that tx id will give the encrypted order. Our next stage is to decrypt that order and display the details of the order such as - address of merchant, product image url, title, quantity, price and the description about the product.

In the final release, all these rpc commands will be linked to the GUI with buttons so the merchant doesn't have to deal with all these commands with everything functioning well in the background.

A Design made by NightMan. We would be selling this on the PeerMarket. T-Shirts, Jackets and interior decorative items will also be designed. We are going to build an ecosystem of SFR products.  Smiley

P2P Market update

Great Stuff! We have implemented 2 extra RPC commands to write content to the blockchain. These commands will further be expanded to write orders by a merchant to the blockchain.

Setdata writes a string. A tx fee of 0.0002 SFR is cut for every entry into the blockchain. The output you can see is the tx id of the transaction. Dumpdata will retrieve the data from the transaction if any.

We will be creating a bunch of new rpc commands for this. The alpha release will only have RPC commands for testing. Once everything goes well, the beta release will have the QT GUI of the P2P Market.

We will be posting more mocks as we complete phases.

Please read

Hi, thanks for all your support. We are indeed getting dumped hard. Reasons may be BTC crash, daily traders, traders shifting to the next "coin of the week". Would like to tell u all that we are very well on course. Such dumps do affect us a bit psychologically because we have put in a lot of effort in developing this coin and we have some big plans for the future. 2 of us haven't slept for like 30 hours at a stretch when developing a complicated feature or fixing a hardfork. No other coin at present have delivered more than us in short span of just 2 months. All coins that are currently having 100 BTC+ volume have not even delivered half of what we have done.

In a way it is good that the weak hands are getting out. We do not need them during our climb again. We could have a more consistent growth if the weak hands are out.
We were very well set to cross 5k last week but same crazy dude dumped 500k and completely ruined our momentum leaving us stranded in the shadows.

I request the community as well as the big bag holders to please cash out in small amounts if u need to. Huge dumps pretty much ruin everything because we are not yet well established. All coins are getting dumped but most of them have some huge whales backing them so they are able to recover from such dumps and get back volume.
We do not have that many whales. We are working on a lot of promotional stuff and doing our development at the same time.

We have always delivered what we said. I assure u all that we will go back much higher. We are now working on the P2P market. Then we will develop crytoxindia.com. SFRDirect after that and Project Orion initialization phase to follow.

We are working very hard, please stick with us the way you have been from the start.

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

Roshan

Keep up the good work, Roshan and team! Please do not get discouraged by the current price.

Ofcourse thanks!
Activity: 336
Please read

Hi, thanks for all your support. We are indeed getting dumped hard. Reasons may be BTC crash, daily traders, traders shifting to the next "coin of the week". Would like to tell u all that we are very well on course. Such dumps do affect us a bit psychologically because we have put in a lot of effort in developing this coin and we have some big plans for the future. 2 of us haven't slept for like 30 hours at a stretch when developing a complicated feature or fixing a hardfork. No other coin at present have delivered more than us in short span of just 2 months. All coins that are currently having 100 BTC+ volume have not even delivered half of what we have done.

In a way it is good that the weak hands are getting out. We do not need them during our climb again. We could have a more consistent growth if the weak hands are out.
We were very well set to cross 5k last week but same crazy dude dumped 500k and completely ruined our momentum leaving us stranded in the shadows.

I request the community as well as the big bag holders to please cash out in small amounts if u need to. Huge dumps pretty much ruin everything because we are not yet well established. All coins are getting dumped but most of them have some huge whales backing them so they are able to recover from such dumps and get back volume.
We do not have that many whales. We are working on a lot of promotional stuff and doing our development at the same time.

We have always delivered what we said. I assure u all that we will go back much higher. We are now working on the P2P market. Then we will develop crytoxindia.com. SFRDirect after that and Project Orion initialization phase to follow.

We are working very hard, please stick with us the way you have been from the start.

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

Roshan

Keep up the good work, Roshan and team! Please do not get discouraged by the current price.
Please read

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

Roshan
We have finalized the 2nd type of SFRPay Voucher. We will integrate it once the remaining voucher amounts are added.

Saffronyx - P2P Market Update

This is the buyer frontend. To make a purchase you just need to highlight the row once there is an item to sell. Right click on the row and you can buy by giving out your shipping address. The shipping address for the item will be encrypted on the chain.

Saffronyx - P2P Market Update

We are giving you the client mock of our P2P Market - Saffronyx. Sorry for the delay. We had to link this to the blockchain. This is the Merchant tab for Sellers to post items that they wish to sell. Every Merchant needs a Merchant Key which is publicly recorded and tied to the identity of the Merchant to minimize fraud and selling of illegal items. Buyers do not need to provide any identity/register to buy.

We will have the buyer page mock shortly.

Regards
Decentralized MarketPlace Update

We are considering to integrate our Coin Recycler and SFRBit into the decentralized market. With this you can pay for products not just with SFR, but also BTC, DOGE, MYR and RDD!
This is a great add-on to the market suggested by some on IRC and is very much mainstream oriented.
A lot of names have been suggested for this market. One name that many agreed on our IRC channel was "Saffronyx: A P2P decentralized market". We may consider this name for the market.

Before this big release, we might have a mini release where you can use SFRPay to also sell SFR for direct fiat to your PayPal account! We will confirm on this later.
Decentralized Market Update

Method of Implementation:

- Separate tabs for buyers and merchants.
- Every Merchant will be given a unique key. Merchants needs to register themselves. Their names will be displayed publicly on a website. This is done to reduce fraud and authenticate merchants so buyers can be assured to receive their goods. If they have any problem with the product received, they can always contact the merchant.
- Buyers can buy anonymously and no details are required.

Merchant
- To list a product for sale, the merchant needs to provide his/her Merchant Key, the name of the product, cost, an image file of the product (It should be a URL) and the SFR address of the merchant.
- Once the key is verified, the key, name, cost,image URL of the product and the address will be included in the next block.
- The Merchant can query the blockchain with the unique Merchant Key to check if any products are bought.

Buyer
- Buyers will see a list of products to be sold. The image URL will be extracted from the block and a webpage request will be made for that URL to display the image for the product.
- Buying is very easy. Just click on the item. The address of the merchant and the cost will get filled and you just need to click "Send". The buyer would then receive an Order ID for reference.

We will have a client mock of the Merchant and Buyer tabs in a day.
The name for this market hasn't been decided yet. We are putting up some options on the Poll. Please vote.
Our new IRC channel is #sfrcoin. If you log in to the old #saffroncoin channel, you would get a message to shift to the new channel.
Activity: 294
OK it finally worked !

Maybe it is just luck but here what I did to make it work:

When it asked me to log in to my PayPal account, I checked the option "Remember me" (I usually do not check this). The purchase failed. However, the next attempt worked fine. Maybe it's a bug with their login page. Or like I said, it may be just luck.
Activity: 294
If you feel that the payment page is taking too much time to load, just stop and refresh the page.

Do you mean the following page?

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/2noakrq.png[ /img]

I tried many times on different days to purchase SFR with a credit card (as guest via Paypal). Everytime, after I enter my credit card and confirm the purchase, the small window close and I'm stuck on that "loading" page. Once I waited for more than 5 minutes. It never go further. I tried on Chrome and Internet Explorer, nothing work.

Another question:
What is the current stance of Paypal about bitcoin and cryptomoney? I remember when they closed accounts of people using Paypal to buy & purchase bitcoin. I have a very old Paypal account, never got problem. I don't want to jeopardize it.  Undecided

To which country is your paypal account got registered? If it is India, your transaction will not go through since our merchant account is from India. PayPal does not allow transfers within India.

Regarding PayPal stance, they do close accounts that deal with Bitcoin directly. That is the reason we are using vouchers as digital goods. We are not using PayPal directly to trade cryptos. Users can buy vouchers with a code in it. These are legal by PayPal and fall under "digital goods". I don't think Paypal really cares if those vouchers are used to buy cryptos.

On the International thread, many users have reported successfully purchasing SFR in the wallet. We had processed over 1 BTC worth of SFR in 2 days. Some had to refresh that Payment page about 3-4 times. We can't do anything about that. That is the PayPal API and it is their server that takes time to load. Maybe for Indian Merchants, there PayPal servers are not fast enough.
It may take about 2 mins for the page to load. But if your PayPal is from India, then you can't use this service.
We are working to implement Indian Payment Gateways for Indian users.

Also everything has worked smoothly till now. INR has been transferred to my Bank account from PayPal.

I live in Canada, so account is registered in Canada.
I was trying to buy as guest (not logging into my account), making sure I choose Canada as country.

Now I'm more confident that it is OK to use Paypal I just trying to purchase via my account like I do for any online purchase.
Bad news, I still get the "loading" page forever...

I will try again few times and report if I succesfully make a purchase.
Pages:
Jump to: