Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SFR] SaffronCoin | Orion: Decentralized Cross-Crypto Mail - India - page 9. (Read 52727 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
In the mining software part of the OP it is mentioned...

SCRYPT: SGminer, CGminer, BFGminer

X11: Any CgMiner used for Darkcoin/Hirocoin or any other X11 coin.

Can u please point to the exact download link for CPU mining ?

Here is the X11 miner : http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/files/sph-sgminer_x11mod.zip
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
In the mining software part of the OP it is mentioned...

SCRYPT: SGminer, CGminer, BFGminer

X11: Any CgMiner used for Darkcoin/Hirocoin or any other X11 coin.

Can u please point to the exact download link for CPU mining ?
Hi, could you spend a minute and explain how this messaging work technically. Very curious soul is asking.

Yea sure.

I will talk about the anonymous part first.

First to activate this anonymous messaging service, you need to verify your SFR address. You need to sign a message called "SFRMS" in your wallet with your SFR address. If you have your wallet, you can click the receive tab and at the bottom there would be a "Sign Message" button. After you enter your SFR address and the message - "SFRMS", click "Sign Message". A signature will then be provided. Then you need to paste those details on the SFRMS tab for verifying. I will explain this in detail once we release the Beta wallet.

You need to provide an alias or some name that you would like to use for this service. This is the only thing that is public. Others can send you a message only by knowing your Alias. So no private info is given out. Your alias is paired with your SFR address. But you only need to give out your Alias to the sender for receiving messages. This is done because many people would not like to give out their wallet addresses to others even though it is public. They would not like people checking the block explorer with their address to find their balance or transactions. So with just an alias you can remain truly anonymous and message anybody in a safe way without worrying about anyone snooping since the messages are deleted within 15 secs once you open message.
This part could lead to some illegal messaging since these messages can't be traced and are not stored anywhere. This service can be misused. So as a precaution we store the messages offline and will only be checked if found that this service is being misused.  Since the messages are not stored online at our server, your messages cannot be compromised.

Now about the encryption part.

If you want you can encrypt the message with a key. This key can be any sort of text that only you and your recipient should know.
The encrypted message will get transmitted to your recipient and he can only view the message with the key that you used.

Thats it! It is pretty simple to use it. Many of us would not have many uses for it. But some who wish to remain anonymous or send some sensitive messages and are worried about agencies snooping on their mail, this could really be an alternative that could be of very much use to them.

I hope i was able to make you understand. If you do have any more queries please ask!

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Hi, could you spend a minute and explain how this messaging work technically. Very curious soul is asking.
Mock showing a message through SaffronCoin POOF anonymous encrypted messaging service. Beta wallet in 2 days!

POOF! is one of the most secure messaging platforms. Your recipient gets 15 secs to read the message. Then the message is automatically destroyed. A message can contain a max of 100 chars(this could be altered in the final release).

You can also encrypt your messages with a key of your choice. You need to transmit this key to your recipient so he/she can decrypt your encrypted message.

POOF! will undergo more developments to make it the most secure and anonymous messaging platform yet.

You do not have to worry about people/agencies snooping on your email or social networks. POOF! is entirely anonymous and only needs an alias to send a message.

It is different. This algorithm can be mined using 5 algorithms.
All will give you the same block reward.

Every algo is independent of each other.
A block will be found for every algo every 450 secs.

So it doesn't really matter which algo you mine.

SFR targets most miners.

WoW ...that's awesome. Is it the only coin that is employing this tactics ? and dont u think that someone will be spending more electricity/hardware to mine the same thing while someone else will mine it easier using a diff algo ?

Yes some might use more electricity if they mine with graphics card. But 2 algos, SHA256d and Scrypt can be mined using ASICS. ASICS are specialized hardware and use much electricity than GPUs.
So people who have ASICS, would mine the SHA256d or Scrypt algos. Those who don't have can mine the remaining 3 algorithms with GPU or CPU.

So it benefits everyone.

3 coins use this kind of concept. But SFR is the first and only multi algo coin to implement the X11 and Blake algorithms. These 2 algorithms are the most energy efficient algorithms today.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital

SFR targets most miners.

WoW ...that's awesome. Is it the only coin that is employing this tactics ? and dont u think that someone will be spending more electricity/hardware to mine the same thing while someone else will mine it easier using a diff algo ?

SFR targets most miners.
legendary
How to earn SFR ? Any giveaway/faucet ? Can it be mined with laptop ?

Our giveaway just got over. We may start one after some days. You can mine with a laptop if you have a pretty powerful one with a good gpu. Otherwise it would be difficult since the difficulties are high.
You can also buy some from https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SFR

Well... how is the following configuration for SFR mining ?

PROCESSOR
Processor   Core i3 (2nd Gen)
Variant   2350M
Chipset   Mobile HM65 Express
Brand   Intel
Clock Speed   2.3 GHz
Cache   3 MB

GRAPHICS
Dedicated Graphics Memory Type   DDR3
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity   1 GB
Graphic Processor   ATI Graphics

I just found SFR is now down to 131 in coinmarketcap.com. Any reason for this fall ?

Due to Vericoin. People are selling other coins and buying VRC. All coins will fall for a few more days till the VRC hype subsides.

Your configuration is good for mining Scrypt or X11 algos of SaffronCoin.

What does it mean ? Is not it like Bitcoin with only one algo ? I just found in the OP...

1- SHA256D
2- SCRYPT
3- GROESTL
4- X11
5- BLAKE256

Does all the coins mined through different algo have the same value ?

p.s. Sorry for being noob. I'm not verse with all these...

Our giveaway just got over. We may start one after some days. You can mine with a laptop if you have a pretty powerful one with a good gpu. Otherwise it would be difficult since the difficulties are high.
You can also buy some from https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SFR

PROCESSOR
Variant   2350M
Brand   Intel
Clock Speed   2.3 GHz
Cache   3 MB

GRAPHICS

I just found SFR is now down to 131 in coinmarketcap.com. Any reason for this fall ?

Due to Vericoin. People are selling other coins and buying VRC. All coins will fall for a few more days till the VRC hype subsides.

Your configuration is good for mining Scrypt or X11 algos of SaffronCoin.
legendary

PROCESSOR
Variant   2350M
Brand   Intel
Clock Speed   2.3 GHz
Cache   3 MB

GRAPHICS

This is the first look of the anonymous encrypted messaging service POOF!

This is how the messages will be displayed from your senders along with your message box to send a message to any alias.

legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001
May I know about the real people behind SaffronCoin ? I was checking saffroncoin.com, but did not get anything about the devs or its backers !!!

Yea we did not mention all that on the site. We are based in Bangalore. I am Roshan, the lead developer.
Met Roshan last weekend. I would say he is a dependable developer.
May I know about the real people behind SaffronCoin ? I was checking saffroncoin.com, but did not get anything about the devs or its backers !!!

Yea we did not mention all that on the site. We are based in Bangalore. I am Roshan, the lead developer.
legendary
We are going back up again after a week aka "Black Monday"!

SFR upto 1550 sats!

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-SFR

Thanks to the cryptoarticles.com editor for taking the time to write an article on us. If you are new to SaffronCoin, this article pretty much sums it up!

We are going places guys!
After Black Monday, SaffronCoin is back on the 1st page of Bittrex. We would like to thank those that believed in us even after that day.

We told you we would make things right!

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-SFR
We are announcing the first Alpha release of the Saffron Messaging Service Wallet (SFRMS)- v2.3-alpha-unstable

What is SFRMS?
The Saffron Messaging Service is a tool built into the SaffronCoin Multi-Tasking Wallet to notify its users of any transactions of any SFR address through email/sms. You do not need to have your wallet open to receive alerts. This service will also be expanded to send anonymous messages to any SaffronCoin address. These anonymous messages will automatically be deleted once read. We call this anonymous messaging "POOF!" which to disappear.

SFRMS is designed to give you the best user experience/requirement possible that you expect from a crypto-currency.

Currently, notifications through SMS is not active, we are working with international sms gateways to make SFRMS sms notification possible in most countries. When this is available, you do not need to update your wallet. The wallet streams the SFRMS data from our servers and you can activate sms alerts instantly.

How to activate SFRMS for a SFR address?
1. Click the SFRMS tab in your wallet v2.3-alpha-unstable.
2. Enter a SFR address which you would like to monitor along with your personal email address that you would like to receive alerts on.

That's it! Once you get a confirmation, you can close this unstable alpha wallet. You will receive alerts even when your wallet is closed. You can then open your stable wallet v2.2.2/v1.3.2. We recommend that you use this stable wallet for any mining/transactions.

How does SFRMS work?
All information is taken from the blockchain. You do not need to manually check the block explorer for transactions on an address. With SFRMS, you can receive these alerts manually. You can monitor any number of addresses that you want! It saves you a lot of time!

Please note that this is an unstable release. You may encounter various bugs and vulnerabilities. If you do encounter any problems, please post them on this forum or mail us to [email protected] . Please use the stable wallets v2.2.2/v1.3.2 for any other uses.

Download SFRMS compatible wallet v2.3-alpha-unstable from saffroncoin.com

First stage of Alpha Testing SFRMS - Saffron Messaging Service complete!

Get alerts whenever SFR is credited or debited to/from your SFR Adrress. In the future this feature will be extended to support chat messages.

An SFRMS compatible Alpha wallet will be pushed out in a few days.

SaffronCoin takes your wallet to the next level!
Pages:
Jump to: