Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 239. (Read 877843 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
lbr, are there any inner-kernel settings to change with regards to SPH_BLAKE or any others?  That could be different for Hawaiis?
Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Did you get rid of all your 'pool-gpu-threads'?

Edit this newest build for the 9th is kind of odd; it builds kernels in 2 different ways.  First off folks; don't forget to set your hamsi-expand-big.  Second off, the bin file is shortened down; did it strip a thread?  .bins now like this marucoin-modHawaiigw128l4big1 and darkcoin-modHawaiigw128l4

haha!  and Network detected new block on is suppressed too!  Sweet!  I can show my non-existent girlfriend shorter logs like a champ now!

Yep ! All is working for me now. i am switching X11/X13 without problem and no crash.

Did you get rid of all your 'pool-gpu-threads'?

Edit this newest build for the 9th is kind of odd; it builds kernels in 2 different ways.  First off folks; don't forget to set your hamsi-expand-big.  Second off, the bin file is shortened down; did it strip a thread?  .bins now like this marucoin-modHawaiigw128l4big1 and darkcoin-modHawaiigw128l4

haha!  and Network detected new block on is suppressed too!  Sweet!  I can show my non-existent girlfriend shorter logs like a champ now!
3336 is ALIVE for me right now..

well, then I have absolutely no idea what's going on here...
I have also tried to remove the pool and re-add it but it didn't help

If it's alive for me and dead for you, either nicehash banned all and whitelisted me or it banned you or you have connection issues to nicehash.
In either way nothing to be done.. maybe ask nicehash?

Ah, maybe you specified incorrect BTC address? It does go DEAD if it is not valid.

Can't decide if that'd be a desirable situation or not... Grin
anybody got a working conf file for 280x cards ?
thanks Smiley

Check pages 6,7,8 of the thread some Devoshcoe guy is running Tahitis I think he has the X's in a config for you, and charted out with different hashrates.
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
since it's the same IP address...

Same IP yes, but different services on different ports.
Lets say you spam incorrect work on scrypt pool -it may ban you for that, however x11 pool won't.
At least it may make some sense if anti-DDOS/hacking is implemented and nicehash does have something implemented.
lbr
Ok, I've just tested 3333, 3335, 3336, 3337 and 3338 - all of them are ALIVE.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

If it's alive for me and dead for you, either nicehash banned all and whitelisted me or it banned you or you have connection issues to nicehash.

Ah, maybe you specified incorrect BTC address? It does go DEAD if it is not valid.

I'll ask them, however it would be strange if only X11 and X13 ports were banned for my IP and also just a few seconds ago I saw X11 to be alive and then dead again as I switched to it, which would imply connection problems, but if I had connection problems to the X11 and X13 ports, I would have the same problems for all other ports as well, since it's the same IP address...
lbr

lbr
I have set stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4333, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4335, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4336, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4337 and stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4338 as pools, with no backup because I just wanted to check if it works but it looks like there's no work on neither one of these pools.

But this is strange.
Are all of them DEAD?
Right now.. my rigs switched to x11 from x13.. ~10 mins ago.

yes, now even manual ports 3336 and 3337 are dead for me... very strange. they were alive about one hour ago or so (before I started playing with autoswitch)
lbr
I have set stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4333, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4335, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4336, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4337 and stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4338 as pools, with no backup because I just wanted to check if it works but it looks like there's no work on neither one of these pools.

But this is strange.
Are all of them DEAD?
Right now.. my rigs switched to x11 from x13.. ~10 mins ago.
So is it possible that for example stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 which is a port for scrypt algo works, but 4333 does not work?

Yes of course, 3xxx pools are always online.
But 4xxx pools are only online when they are most profitable, so multi-algo configuration must include(ideally) all 4xxx pools.

hmm. there might be some different problem here right now... I have now switched back from 4xxx pools to 3xxxx and I see X11 and X13 pools are dead (scrypt, scrypt n-factor and keccak are alive). and from what I see, X11 is now the most profitable and that might be the reason why I'm getting all pools dead with autoswitch.

Do X11 and X13 nicehash pools work for anyone right now?
Activity: 294
lbr
So is it possible that for example stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 which is a port for scrypt algo works, but 4333 does not work?

Yes of course, 3xxx pools are always online.
But 4xxx pools are only online when they are most profitable, so multi-algo configuration must include(ideally) all 4xxx pools.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
anybody got a working conf file for 280x cards ?
thanks Smiley

There is no 'at least'. And there are no multi-algo pools.
There are pools with different algos which go offline if they are not profitable.

So you must configure all 4xxx pools for nicehash in order to get this to work.
Tho, check nicehash thread, apparently they ban by IP for 'hacking'..

Yes, of course I mean all nicehash pools for different algos. I have set stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4333, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4335, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4336, stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4337 and stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:4338 as pools, with no backup because I just wanted to check if it works but it looks like there's no work on neither one of these pools. However when I use same pools with 33xx instead of 43xx, they work. So is it possible that for example stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333 which is a port for scrypt algo works, but 4333 does not work?
lbr
I was just trying to use the auto-switching but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I set pool ports to 33xx, everything works perfectly, I can manually switch pools and all pools work, however when I switch it over to 43xx and start the sgminer, it says that all pools are dead after a while. Any suggestions?

Perfectly normal; in order to 'switch' only one algorithm can be 'selected' at a time.  All of NH ports that start with 43xx are multi-algo ports, which will shut, so when 1 is selected, the other 4 algos go dead.  If you have no failovers, it is possible you may get no work served if there are not enough orders up for that algo.

I understand that, but there surely IS some work at least for scrypt, since when I go manual, it works. So it's unlikely that there's no work for any algo...
There is no 'at least'. And there are no multi-algo pools.
There are pools with different algos which go offline/dead if they are not profitable.

So you must configure all 4xxx pools for nicehash in order to get this to work.
Tho, check nicehash thread, apparently they ban by IP for 'hacking'..
Jump to: