Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 240. (Read 877843 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I was just trying to use the auto-switching but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I set pool ports to 33xx, everything works perfectly, I can manually switch pools and all pools work, however when I switch it over to 43xx and start the sgminer, it says that all pools are dead after a while. Any suggestions?

Perfectly normal; in order to 'switch' only one algorithm can be 'selected' at a time.  All of NH ports that start with 43xx are multi-algo ports, which will shut, so when 1 is selected, the other 4 algos go dead.  If you have no failovers, it is possible you may get no work served if there are not enough orders up for that algo.

I understand that, but there surely IS some work at least for scrypt, since when I go manual, it works. So it's unlikely that there's no work for any algo...

If you only use 4xxx ports there could be a situation where you cant get work, or if it switches to a known buggy algorithm like keccak where I ignore the pool setting, so you have to set the backup pool with a 3xxx port or else the backup pool is pointless. You can set the backup to any one of the profit switching pools main ports on 3xxx, I put things by default on x13 for AMD cards since I have some nvidia cards running x11 that can't be auto switched yet.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I was just trying to use the auto-switching but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I set pool ports to 33xx, everything works perfectly, I can manually switch pools and all pools work, however when I switch it over to 43xx and start the sgminer, it says that all pools are dead after a while. Any suggestions?

Perfectly normal; in order to 'switch' only one algorithm can be 'selected' at a time.  All of NH ports that start with 43xx are multi-algo ports, which will shut, so when 1 is selected, the other 4 algos go dead.  If you have no failovers, it is possible you may get no work served if there are not enough orders up for that algo.

I understand that, but there surely IS some work at least for scrypt, since when I go manual, it works. So it's unlikely that there's no work for any algo...
Activity: 547
Merit: 250

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
anyone got a workaround to get new miner to work with cgwatcher ?
Activity: 294
I can't make it work. If I use pool-algorithm than no bin file is created, without pool it is fine but only the first pool.
If I manually switch to x11 pool no bin file is created, so I have to manually set the x11 pool in my config to the top.

Another problem is that it seems it only use the first pool. After creating the bin-files and manually swith to another pool 3 is just says "detected new block", detected new block". No hashrates and no accepting shares.

Sad

4x7950

Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
"poolname" : "am02 x13 multi",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:4011",
"user" : "x",
"pass" : "1111",
                "algorithm" : "marucoin-mod",
                "gpu-threads" : "2"
},
        {
"poolname" : "am01 x11 multi",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:4010",
                "pool-algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
},
        {
"poolname" : "am02 x13 ",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:5550",
"user" : "bullus.3",
                "pool-algorithm" : "marucoin-mod",
},
        {
"poolname" : "am02 x11",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:4440",
"user" : "bullus.3",
                "algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
},
        {
"poolname" : "am01 x13",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am01.eu.trademybit.com:5550",
                "pool-algorithm" : "marucoin-mod",
                "pool-gpu-threads" : "2"
},
        {
"poolname" : "am01 x11",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am01.eu.trademybit.com:4440",
                "pool-algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
                "pool-gpu-threads" : "2"
}

],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "10",
"failover-only" : true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "7",
"shares" : "0",
"failover-switch-delay" : "10",
"gpu-threads" : "2,2,2,2,2",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-engine" : "0",
"gpu-fan" : "65",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "8",
"gpu-vddc" : "0",
"intensity" : "18",
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256,64,256,256,256",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"shaders" : "1792,1536,1792,1792,1792",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8000,8192,8192,8192",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"hamsi-expand-big" : "4",
"device" : "0,2,3,4"
}

Also hamsi to 1 gave me instantly driver failes
Do you have a pimped hamsi x13 mod cl?  Do those 2 settings provide any better hashrate?
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
Code:
"hamsi-expand-big" : "1",
Default value is 4, but 1 works better for many cards (for example Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X).

For 290 '1' is better also.
Just add --kernel setting back..
what would be the point of putting --kernel back in when the kernels are all set with --algorithm?

The point is that instead of modifying existing kernel I would create new kernel and set it with --kernel option.
That's why --kernel option was implemented in the first place.

To be clear, --algo looks if specified kernel exist in the current sgminer build and if not it loads ckolivas.
So, I can't use ckolivas_my_pimped_kernel.cl

And adding hamsi-expand-big to config.. f.e. scrypt does not need that option. Lets add some.. dunno.. SPH_ECHO_64 or SPH_COMPACT_BLAKE_64 or any other defines in ocl kernels then..
Code:
Default value is 4, but 1 works better for many cards (for example Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X).

Confirmed for Hawaii chipsets R9 290/290X
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Code:

what would be the point of putting --kernel back in when the kernels are all set with --algorithm?
lbr
Activity: 423
Merit: 254
Code:

Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Thanks for this... Its great

I know this is in Alpha / Beta stage but the performance of Marucoin-Mod kernel is still slower than X13mod.
Maybe it is just because of SPH_HAMSI_EXPAND_BIG. There is a different default setting in different miners. I added a .conf setting for this in sgminer (not pool-specific) yesterday, what you need to add in your conf file is:
Code:
Default value is 4, but 1 works better for many cards (for example Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X). I don't think there is a Windows build out yet for this, but you can change it in the marucoin-mod.cl file ("#define SPH_HAMSI_EXPAND_BIG 4") - in this case you will need to delete the old .bin files.
In newer versions of v5 you will see it from the filename, it will be something like "marucoin-modTahitigw256l4big1.bin" (big1 means the setting is 1).
Heyyyyyyy!  badman!  You made it over from the sph-sgminer thread where you posted some previous builds for DRK & MARU (first kernels).  What's up!
just finished with a full month of 12 hour days 7 days a week at work.....

nice to see someone got this to work
i was working on it in my spare time but i don't know enough about how it all works to make the algo switch work for me
any fix for 290 exit on 60 sec Huh?

Can you elaborate on this?

I've had 290X's up for 36hours max once; average is 6 hours without cold boot right now.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
There seems to be an issue on some machines, where setting auto-fan and something less than 100 for max will cause the fan to be set to negative speed, effectively stopping the fans, causing the GPU to overheat and crash the system.

In some other instances, the fan stats are going dark and sgminer doesn't change them anymore.
Activity: 389
Jump to: