Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 250. (Read 877844 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
i cant install in linux because
git clone https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/tree/v5_0
 fatal: HTTP request failed
please help
Code:
git clone https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer.git && cd sgminer && git checkout v5_0
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
i cant install in linux because
please help
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Waiting for Windows binaries, since every possible windows build guide sucks and fails.

Somebody write an easy guide to set up compiling on Windows and we would have a LOT more people making binaries than just 1 or 2 people.

PLEASE SOMEBODY MAKE THIS PROCESS A WHOLE LOT CLEARER TO THE AVERAGE PERSON, so we could compile new builds and test local.
Activity: 103
Nice one...is it possible to configure sgminer to detect best profitability algo on selected pool? Smiley
Activity: 80
I not get new version

Cloning into 'v5_0'...
error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessing https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/tree/v5_0/info/refs

Please help.
Activity: 560
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
pls put one simple  config file for mininig in NiceHash.com here.
Multi-algorithms aren't simple... you're going to need to tune your cards separately for each algorithm.  Then, you can calculate the comparative output of each algorithm, probably account for power consumption differences, and from there determine profitability targets.
Activity: 547
Count me in, I've been collaborating with Elun, lasybear, and RRT5ON on that previous stripped out x11mod (from girino's 2%) and the newly smashed together x13mod.  I'm getting the tools for Windows builds right now and will see if I can pass a few patches into this.

pls put one simple  config file for mininig in NiceHash.com here.
Well it's  nice but You all are forgeting one thing..
All algos can use different clocks/voltages (for-more-speed)..  atleast I prefer for my 280x 1030MHz for scrypt/n-scrypt and 1100Mhz for X11/x13m.. etc. So this pool list with different algos  has no meaning since i again need to manually switch clocks.

Maybe to make it fully automatic, whole conception of sgminer-confing need to be changed.. something like 2, 3 or more configs that will be used. (config1, config2.. etc.) where config1 is priority1 and config2 is priority2.. etc.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #gnBDwjbHSnudVmJH
Read the docs, man!  Pool/algo specific clockrates, intensitities, fan speeds - it's all there.

Options that can be configured have a pool- prefix and work the same as the global settings:

pool-algorithm
pool-nfactor
pool-intensity
pool-xintensity
pool-rawintensity
pool-gpu-engine
pool-gpu-memclock
pool-gpu-threads
pool-thread-concurrency
pool-gpu-fan

It would be nice to convert the config format entirely to have maybe an algorithms section with per-algo tuning, instead ofnper-pool. But, you can replicate the same thing easily enough already.
Activity: 848
Well it's  nice but You all are forgeting one thing..
All algos can use different clocks/voltages (for-more-speed)..  atleast I prefer for my 280x 1030MHz for scrypt/n-scrypt and 1100Mhz for X11/x13m.. etc. So this pool list with different algos  has no meaning since i again need to manually switch clocks.

Maybe to make it fully automatic, whole conception of sgminer-confing need to be changed.. something like 2, 3 or more configs that will be used. (config1, config2.. etc.) where config1 is priority1 and config2 is priority2.. etc.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #gnBDwjbHSnudVmJH
Fantastic addition to the sgminer code base.  Thank-you for supporting this open source project, NiceHash team!

Maybe it's time to rename this branch of sgminer to clminer, or something to reflect it's broad utility for OpenCL mining.
Activity: 354
Merit: 254
Owner of MiningRigRentals
Spouting off some random thinking here, how about a stratum protocol amendment -- introducing an algo definition on connection and allowing algo changes to be initiated from the remote stratum.. that'd be fantabulous for us multipools who run multiple algos Wink
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
How can I configure my miner to work with NiceHash service?
I mean config 3 algoritm (scrypt-scrypt-n-x11) in one sgminer.config file.
Code:
"pools" :

[
         {
                 "name" : "NiceHash_X11",
                 "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336",
                 "user" : "btc_address",
                 "pass" : "x",
                 "pool-algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod",
                 "pool-intensity" : "18"
         },
         {
                 "name" : "NiceHash_Scrypt",
                 "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333",
                 "pool-algorithm" : "scrypt",
                 "pool-intensity" : "13"
         },
         {
                 "name" : "NiceHash_Scrypt-N",
                 "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3335",
                 "pool-nfactor" : "11",
                 "pool-algorithm" : "scrypt",
                 "pool-intensity" : "13"
         }
]

Just add your pools and algorithms to your config
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Been waiting for something like this since i started mining!!!  Yes about x13 is that going to work as well?

Steve
Activity: 78
HashHard
How do the speeds compare to the juiced up version being used?
How can I configure my miner to work with NiceHash service?
I mean config 3 algoritm (scrypt-scrypt-n-x11) in one sgminer.config file.
Activity: 96
I can merged mining altcoins (LTC,DOGE,...)? or am i wrong?

This release just means you can switch between entirely different algorithm-based coins on the fly, i.e. your main is a Scrypt pool and your fail-over is a x11 pool.

I'm actually hoping to use the pool quota option to apportion my GPU hashing to mine scrypt and x11 simultaneously.  Rather, I'm assuming it does it in a round robin fashion?
Jump to: