Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 251. (Read 877844 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I can merged mining altcoins (LTC,DOGE,...)? or am i wrong?

This release just means you can switch between entirely different algorithm-based coins on the fly, i.e. your main is a Scrypt pool and your fail-over is a x11 pool.
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 854

This release just means you can switch between entirely different algorithm-based coins on the fly, i.e. your main is a Scrypt pool and your fail-over is a x11 pool.
legendary
Activity: 994
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CryptocoinTools.com
excuse me, you should add this kernel also : x13 if you want to make it competitive...

Isn't marucoin the x13 kernel?

I think so
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
excuse me, you should add this kernel also : x13 if you want to make it competitive...

Isn't marucoin the x13 kernel?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
YES!!  This is exactly what I've been waiting for!  So, as I'm understanding, do we omit the global kernel option and only need to specify the pool-algorithm?  Or do we list all the kernels we want to use in the global kernel option, then specify an algorithm per pool?
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Hi,

At NiceHash.com (I'm sure you've already heard about us) we're running a multi-algo cloud mining service and multipool. Thus we're striving to get unified and feature-full GPU miner. That's why we've sponsored the integration of sph-miner + keccak (from cgminer) + x11_mod (from lasybear) + NIST5 algo and some more stuff into unified, runtime-kernel-switching new version of the original official sgminer. sgminer has since then been redefined from "scrypt-miner" to "GPU OpenCL miner" and thus strive to support wide range of algorithms for GPU mining. New algorithms are added over time as well as some new features.

For the record: I'm not a developer of sgminer and haven't contributed any coding for sgminer, but was active in proposing and coordinating new features development. All the credits go to the many sgminer developers, listed here: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/graphs/contributors. NiceHash organization took over the initiative to continue development on this widely spread open-source mining software, therefore the most recent source code and releases can be found in the information below.

SOURCE CODE

If you wan't to pull the source code from GIT you can do it with this command:

Code:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer.git

RELEASES

Binaries downloads are available here: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/releases

Here you can see the major changes:
https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/blob/master/doc/configuration.md
https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/blob/master/doc/kernel.md

News: https://github.com/nicehash/sgminer/commits/master

Please note: sgminer is still in development, you should regularly, so there are might be still some open issues and minor bugs present.

Here is an example of multi-algorithm configuration (you can add many pool-specific options):

Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_X11",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336",
                "user" : "btc_addr",
                "pass" : "x",
                "nfactor" : "10",
                "algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod"
        },
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_X13",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3337",
                "algorithm" : "marucoin-mod"
        },
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_SHA3",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3338",
                "algorithm" : "maxcoin"
        },
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_Scrypt-N",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3335",
                "nfactor" : "11",
                "algorithm" : "zuikkis"
        },
        {
                "name" : "NiceHash_Scrypt",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333",
                "algorithm" : "zuikkis"
        }
]
"failover-only" : true,
"failover-switch-delay" : "300",
"queue" : "0",
... other configuration settings ...

Of course you can choose any and as many pools you prefer, NiceHash.com pools were given just as an example. Your miner will be able to switch to different pools using different algorithms at runtime, without any interruption and without sgminer restart. You can also set GPU settings and some other settings at a per-pool level to get optimum performance on various pools with various algorithms with a single configuration file. Now you can mine Litecoin, Dogecoin, Vertcoin, Darkcoin, Maxcoin, MaruCoin ... you-name-it with a single unified sgminer.

Note: sgminer v5 intoduced new stratum extranonce subscription; some pools ignores connection when sgminer sends extranonce subscription request, therefore you just have to add "no-extranonce" : true setting to the pool config for pools, that doesn't support extranonce-subscribe - this kind of pools appears Dead even if they are suposed to be working fine (you should never use this setting on nicehash pools since nicehash stratum proxy provides better efficiency with extranonce subscription)

Code:
	{
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://some-pool:3333",
                "no-extranonce" : true,
                "user" : "username",
}

Or if you're using command line options, example for quark mining:

Code:
sgminer --algorithm quarkcoin --no-extranonce -I 18 -g 1 -w 256 -o stratum+tcp://some-quark-pool:3333 -u ... -p ...

All interested developers, please, feel free to contribute to the code by simply pushing Pull request to the Github repository (see above).

Again, thanks to all the great developers of sgminer and kind regards,
kenshirothefist
Pages:
Jump to: