Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 33. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273
i think there was a --throughput parameter that was needed to get it running well with sgminer ...

I've never heard about --throughput parameter, where did you get this? I've seen some feathercoin pool suggesting --net-delay but I'm not sure if this makes any sense ... anyway, any hints are welcome. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Hi,

Is there anyone mining NeoScrypt algorithm on AMD GPUs? I'm only getting HW errors, no accepted shares. I tried several sgminer versions on 14.x and 15.x AMD drivers on both Windows and Linux, only HW errors in any combination. Any hints are welcome if anybody can get NeoScrypt algorithm working without HW errors and with accepted shares.

Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3341 -u btcaddress -p x --xintensity 3 --worksize 64 --gpu-threads 2

Thanks!

i think there was a --throughput parameter that was needed to get it running well with sgminer ...

djm34 and wolf0 are probably the best people to ask there - but im sure there are many others that have had this same issue and fixed it ...

i do know that there is a fork that is specifically for neoscrypt ... maybe djm34's git? ... not sure ...

sheesh - a lot of help i am today Tongue ...

#crysx

Hi,

Is there anyone mining NeoScrypt algorithm on AMD GPUs? I'm only getting HW errors, no accepted shares. I tried several sgminer versions on 14.x and 15.x AMD drivers on both Windows and Linux, only HW errors in any combination. Any hints are welcome if anybody can get NeoScrypt algorithm working without HW errors and with accepted shares.

Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3341 -u btcaddress -p x --xintensity 3 --worksize 64 --gpu-threads 2

Thanks!
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Don't download anything from jch9678.  It's my account but MColeman hacked it.  I'm trying to recover my account but it's not looking good.

you mean mprep is not verifying your authenticity to the account? ...

eitherway - logic should prevail when it comes to buying miners from people that dont develop them ( or at least develop the binaries ) ...

the ones that seem to be the most active ( and the trustworthy ones ) are wolf0 - pallas - djm34 ( though he is mainly cuda ) - and a few others ...

ALWAYS ask here in the public forum - even if its a private thing between you and the dev - ALWAYS ask the community ...

#crysx

mprep has nothing to do with it.  Theymos is the only one who can reinstate accounts to the original owner.  As far as getting in touch with Theymos, someone respectable here said I have a better chance of getting in touch with the Queen, so....  He did however give my old account negative feedback and delete the link so at least people can't download his virus anymore. 

Goodbye reputation, I'll see you again in 2 years.

o ok ... my mistake - i though mprep was the guy / girl that did that ...

so if theymos is the guy / girl that is to be contacted with the job / position of 'taking care' of this ( which one would assume the investigation AND proving of such ) - and theymos is almost impossible to get hold of - what on earth is he / she in the position of 'bct power' for? ...

just my take - but i dont see why anyone should hold a position if they dont acknowledge that they have a responsibility to uphold that position - regardless if its volunteered or paid ...

sorry to hear about your rep and all that it incurs ... you will bring it back up again - im sure of it ...

o well - i guess thats freedom and democracy playing its part again ... hang on - bct isnt the communities forum - is it? ... who ACTUALLY has CONTROL of bct? ...

#crysx
Isnt that the truth how can just one person have the position and power to unlock locked accts I have lost my acct twice once because it was hacked and the other i tried to reset my password and somehow it locked me out both times I sent emails to President Unlock and was ignored both times when I posted how else to get my account unlocked I was told theres one guy and that guy is very busy well how can only one person hold that responsibility especially someone who dont seem like they care
Anybody know when the "--benchmark" option was removed from sgminer?

A looong time ago there was an option:

--benchmark
Run sgminer in benchmark mode - produces no shares

but not sure it it was actually working ... it's still there in cgminer, though. It would be very useful to have an offline benchmark option, the same as ccminer has. If anybody has some info on this please share.
legendary
How long does it take to see your address on the "miners list" on the nicehash page? Been mining for an hour with an R9 290 and my BTC address is still saying "no data".

Something is wrong because it only takes a minute or two. Make sure that you selected the correct Service location (USA or Europe) and algorithm based on the stratum that your miner is using.

also - if you have incorrectly setup the miner - it will more than likely be hashing and losing the hashes ... so no data will show up ...

but its more than likely what tanoury mentioned ... there is a pull down menu that changes from nicehash ( eu stratum ) to westhash ( ch jp usa stratum ) ...

check where you have pointed the miner and change it to the algo and the stratum that you are using ... both from the pulldown menus in the graph page of the btc address ...

#crysx
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
How long does it take to see your address on the "miners list" on the nicehash page? Been mining for an hour with an R9 290 and my BTC address is still saying "no data".

Something is wrong because it only takes a minute or two. Make sure that you selected the correct Service location (USA or Europe) and algorithm based on the stratum that your miner is using.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
Thanks everyone for the reply, I have used avira and avg scan and seems fine.. Now just waiting for BTC to hit 1,000$ Smiley
legendary
Is there a way to check if there is any virus in my computer from these miner? I did a avg scan for my whole computer and nothing. Does that mean I am safe?

Thanks Smiley

Avira detects it

avgfree does a damn good job of scanning and protecting ... all of the windows machines that we service have it - ALL of them ( there are thousands ... yes - thousands of home machines that we have installed it on ) ... corporates require licenses - but hey - they can afford to Smiley ...

avg themselves have revamped the code also - and the heuristics scanning - but that also means ( with most scanners ) that you will get a lot of false-positives ...

always check with the community - there will always be at least someone that has tried an install and can give a result ...

false-positives are just part of the viral scene now ... there is a limit to being 'too' careful - and that it ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017
Is there a way to check if there is any virus in my computer from these miner? I did a avg scan for my whole computer and nothing. Does that mean I am safe?

Thanks Smiley

Avira detects it
legendary

Thanks Smiley

Take a 22" subwoofer and run it alongside every side of your CPU tower, this should eliminate all viruses.

or just run linux ( fedora 22 x64 and scientific linux and centos - in my case ) to minimize the effect of unwanted virii and unsolicited infections ...

and also to improve your overall security and stability by a factor of 10 ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
Don't download anything from jch9678.  It's my account but MColeman hacked it.  I'm trying to recover my account but it's not looking good.

eitherway - logic should prevail when it comes to buying miners from people that dont develop them ( or at least develop the binaries ) ...

the ones that seem to be the most active ( and the trustworthy ones ) are wolf0 - pallas - djm34 ( though he is mainly cuda ) - and a few others ...

ALWAYS ask here in the public forum - even if its a private thing between you and the dev - ALWAYS ask the community ...

#crysx

mprep has nothing to do with it.  Theymos is the only one who can reinstate accounts to the original owner.  As far as getting in touch with Theymos, someone respectable here said I have a better chance of getting in touch with the Queen, so....  He did however give my old account negative feedback and delete the link so at least people can't download his virus anymore. 

o ok ... my mistake - i though mprep was the guy / girl that did that ...

so if theymos is the guy / girl that is to be contacted with the job / position of 'taking care' of this ( which one would assume the investigation AND proving of such ) - and theymos is almost impossible to get hold of - what on earth is he / she in the position of 'bct power' for? ...

just my take - but i dont see why anyone should hold a position if they dont acknowledge that they have a responsibility to uphold that position - regardless if its volunteered or paid ...

sorry to hear about your rep and all that it incurs ... you will bring it back up again - im sure of it ...

o well - i guess thats freedom and democracy playing its part again ... hang on - bct isnt the communities forum - is it? ... who ACTUALLY has CONTROL of bct? ...

#crysx
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Thanks Smiley

Take the executable and upload it here https://www.virustotal.com/  If it reports that it is infected and you ran the executable then you most likely have the virus and you'll need to wipe everything, don't waste your time with trying to remove it.  If virus total reports back that there is no virus, you should still be very very cautious because it is serious stuff.  I wouldn't use anything the 'fake me' put up for download.

platinum4, ha, I'm surprised someone hasn't responded with "What if I only have a 21 inch speaker?"
Activity: 547

Thanks Smiley

Take a 22" subwoofer and run it alongside every side of your CPU tower, this should eliminate all viruses.
Activity: 481

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

#crysx

legendary

#crysx

+1
that's not a bad practice...ask the community....I got a private pm offering to sell me updated bins. Guy specifically asked that I keep it very secret and not post on forums. Dead Giveaway. I must say had his price been more reasonable I might have considered. He wanted like 1.5 btc for on bin and 2.5 btc for a whole set. I offered him .1 btc and never heard back....I guess im very lucky he did not take my offer.

then they got posted here for free and I guess some guys bit and got burned.

too many people get burned by these fraudulent opportunists ...

i will only ever deal with devs that have a history with the community and are solid developers KNOWN to have a solid reputation ...

the donate by mining system i have setup ( dbm - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-chainworks-industries-cwi-project-donate-by-mining-dbm-1089744 ) only takes on those that are a reputable developer for the community to donate mining hash to ... maybe it can be used as a guage to list ( some of ) the developers that i have had experience with as well as have known to be a solid community member ...

i think it will be my task to rearrange the lists of devs ( which are few at the moment ) so that the list of reputable devs ( even if they are not on the donation list ) will have the option of including themselves in the list ...

there has been many attempts for conceiving a 'reputation' system - but mostly they are paid for and can be quite misleading ( 2 star - 5 star - etc ) ... maybe a list for the devs that you can 'trust' needs to be put together and published ...

i need to think about how that will happen on dbm - and whether that can be a reliable source of info for those that need to KNOW whether to trust a dev or not ...

whichever way - logic should be the main tool everyone should have ... some things like you mentioned earlier - are just plain obvious ...

#crysx
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

#crysx

+1
that's not a bad practice...ask the community....I got a private pm offering to sell me updated bins. Guy specifically asked that I keep it very secret and not post on forums. Dead Giveaway. I must say had his price been more reasonable I might have considered. He wanted like 1.5 btc for on bin and 2.5 btc for a whole set. I offered him .1 btc and never heard back....I guess im very lucky he did not take my offer.

then they got posted here for free and I guess some guys bit and got burned.
legendary

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: