Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 32. (Read 877844 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
WOW He/they/ the shitalgo scammers are still milking that uber noob cow !

This investard epidemic must be brought to a stop.

Please read about and/or have your say at our ongoing public investigation into cryptsy. It is high time that we include these "optimized" shitalgo kernels (and their effects on the crypto eco system).

CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptsy-stopping-withdraw-locking-accounts-without-notifying-users-class-action-1173703

edit

Heeere w0lfee.. here pup...

Roll Eyes

hmmm what does cryptsy have to do with optimized kernels?
maybe it's just my take, but I see private kernels as a minor and unavoidable issue.
Unavoidable because you can't stop a company from hiring a dev and make optimised kernels.
Minor because there are much bigger issues: people with access to free or almost free electricity, ASIC chips which aren't sold to the public or at too high prices, etc.

Craptsy is at the core and/or one of the key players behind these shitclones and their cpu only/asic resistant shitalgos.

If you created a mining algo and coin would you :
a- launch and risk that someone else will figure it out before you do and secretly use or release the optimized kernel
or
b- launch with a public kernel and a private/insider one, thus eliminating any chance that scenario "a" can happen
legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
Hi,

If there is still some "lazy miner" using Windows out there: a new version of NiceHash Miner with AMD GPUs support has been released: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=50

Keep on hashing Wink

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

Please read about and/or have your say at our ongoing public investigation into cryptsy. It is high time that we include these "optimized" shitalgo kernels (and their effects on the crypto eco system).

CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptsy-stopping-withdraw-locking-accounts-without-notifying-users-class-action-1173703

edit

Roll Eyes

hmmm what does cryptsy have to do with optimized kernels?
maybe it's just my take, but I see private kernels as a minor and unavoidable issue.
Unavoidable because you can't stop a company from hiring a dev and make optimised kernels.
Minor because there are much bigger issues: people with access to free or almost free electricity, ASIC chips which aren't sold to the public or at too high prices, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

edit

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
you just don't edit the bins, you need the kernel sources.
both wolf0's and kachur's haven't leaked yet, AFAIK.
Activity: 162
Merit: 102
finally installed the new amd drivers with crimson and been testing
gotta say overall im quite happy with the results
dunno if fan control is that much better or something but my 290x and 280x cards all run cooler so i can OC them more than with the previous drivers
so essentially all my hashrates have gone up a bit
but one problem, the quark/qubit bins dont work now for some reason
the w0lf bins for x11,13,15 still work but just not the quark qubits
290x cards running quark/qubit about 12Mh+ now on those bins, whereas b4 they were 16Mh+
anyone else having this issue?
dont understand why the x11-15 bins still work in relation

side question:
wondering if its just how the bins were modded?
how would one go about learning to mod sgminer bin files?
or what do ppl typically use to edit the bins?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Wolf0's X11 gets about 10 Mh/s for 290x, not 280x.  You can get about 6.2Mh/s with 280x.

much appreciated for the correction ...

i couldnt remember - as its been a while since x11 was mined on the amd cards ...

#crysx
Activity: 935
I don't always drink...
Wolf0's X11 gets about 10 Mh/s for 290x, not 280x.  You can get about 6.2Mh/s with 280x.
legendary
the easiest to use is wolfs binaries for x11 ... you will get a lot more than that hashrate - at least 11MH for a 280x ...
#crysx

Is that for a 280x or another GPU ?

if you look at the connections in the link wolf provides a few of the compiles for the different cards ( chipsets ) ...

which means 270 / 270x - 280 / 280x  - 290 / 290x etc ...

#crysx
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
the easiest to use is wolfs binaries for x11 ... you will get a lot more than that hashrate - at least 11MH for a 280x ...
#crysx

Is that for a 280x or another GPU ?
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
Anybody have a fast x11, x13 miner to share? The one I have is only 3.8mh/s per R9 280x for x11.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/ ...

instructions on how to replace the built binaries with wolfs ones are further down the page ...

if you still have issues - ask here Smiley ...

#crysx

Wow, thanks for the quick reply, will try it later. Smiley
legendary
Anybody have a fast x11, x13 miner to share? The one I have is only 3.8mh/s per R9 280x for x11.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2o1yoz/rewritten_x11_binaries/ ...

instructions on how to replace the built binaries with wolfs ones are further down the page ...

if you still have issues - ask here Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 481
legendary
i think there was a --throughput parameter that was needed to get it running well with sgminer ...

I've never heard about --throughput parameter, where did you get this? I've seen some feathercoin pool suggesting --net-delay but I'm not sure if this makes any sense ... anyway, any hints are welcome. Thanks!

this was a while back when i was changing parameters for neoscrypt ...

in fact - i think it was for the nvidia cards - ccminer ... though i cannot be certain ...

apologies - but i cant help any further than this ...

im sure it as djm34 that initially instructed me to use that parameter - BUT - that was a while ago ...

#crysx

Are you talking about ccminer or sgminer ? (I only did the neoscrypt implementation for ccminer)
the parameters you are talking about are only for ccminer not sgminer.

Not sure what kind of problem there is in sgminer...

yup - i think i may be confusing the two djm34 ...
Grin there is definetely only one djm34 but 2 miners which uses different set of parameters

I think the only problem I heard of, in sgminer was related to solomining which may not work...
I can have a look, as suggested, but I am not sure to have the time at the moment.

hehehe - i meant the two miners - of course Tongue ...

the cards in the farm are all separated now - and will be treated as separate farms anyway ( thefarm for nvidia - farmamd for amd ) ...

so from now on - i can research what software had run what miner and how through the knowledgebase im putting together also ...

hopefully that will alleviate the confusion for me Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
i think there was a --throughput parameter that was needed to get it running well with sgminer ...

I've never heard about --throughput parameter, where did you get this? I've seen some feathercoin pool suggesting --net-delay but I'm not sure if this makes any sense ... anyway, any hints are welcome. Thanks!

in fact - i think it was for the nvidia cards - ccminer ... though i cannot be certain ...

im sure it as djm34 that initially instructed me to use that parameter - BUT - that was a while ago ...

#crysx

Are you talking about ccminer or sgminer ? (I only did the neoscrypt implementation for ccminer)

Grin there is definetely only one djm34 but 2 miners which uses different set of parameters

I think the only problem I heard of, in sgminer was related to solomining which may not work...
I can have a look, as suggested, but I am not sure to have the time at the moment.
legendary

#crysx

i remember the suggestions you made - but not for which miner ... so if it was only for ccminer - then thats what it was ...

tanx for clarifying ...

#crysx
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

#crysx

Activity: 547

install 14.9 drivers and build from the daily builds you had from 13 november 2014 (sgminer-5.1-dev-2014-11-13-win32)

build your bins then u can use them on 15.x with no amdocl.dll drop tricks
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hi,

Is there anyone mining NeoScrypt algorithm on AMD GPUs? I'm only getting HW errors, no accepted shares. I tried several sgminer versions on 14.x and 15.x AMD drivers...
Have you tried the original super-slow version by Vehre? That's the only one that ever worked for me.
legendary

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: