Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 45. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 519
Merit: 250
I've tried to mine Etereum but i get an erorr "Allocating/mapping single buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer<-61>.GPU can't a;;pcate the DAG in a single chunk.Bailing." any ideea why or how can i fix it

Make sure your card have more than 2GB memory, use the max alloc command to be 95, use a new (recent) catalyst driver.

I have 3GB allocated and with the latest drivers after the miner make the DAG file the system blocks don't know why ? Angry
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
Anybody manage to get a more stable version of that X11 Kachur bin? I've hoped that newer bins might come out which are more stable...

Mine is very stable - mining for days without problems!

what do you consider 'stable' z0n0? ...

when i setup a test machine - it continually gave messages that it was reconnecting to the site ( no matter what site that was ) and the hashrate fluctuated consistently ...

wolfs bins are slightly lower in hashrate ( only slightly ) but have never done such things ... they just run - even in linux ... hence why i wont go windows ...

so maybe your standard of 'stable' is very different from mine? ... disconnections from sites ( for whatever reason ) is a bad thing ... and after testing those SAME sites with wolfs bins - no disconnections and reconnections - unlike the kachur bins ...

so what are these russian bins 'really' doing? ... are they disconnecting from the site you are mining to mine elsewhere - then reconnecting to the site you are mining? ...

i cant consider any of those disconnection behaviors 'stable' or 'normal' ...

i would rather lose a small amount of hash to have them 'actually' stable - and continue to use wolfs bins ...

the russian quark miner does exactly the same thing ...

#crysx

"stable" - running 24/7 without disconections/crashes
i do not have any issues with kachur for now, will stick with it since gives little better results than wolf's

brgds

no disconnects? ... no crazy hashrate? ...

damn ... you really do have it good ... Smiley ...

the test that i did with windows 7 and all the latest drivers was unstable in almost every way ...

#crysx

maybe i'm just lucky Smiley
running on 2 machines, both win7 - x64
PC1: 2 x r9280x / 7,45mh per card
PC2: hd7850 / 3,33mh
(X11 algo)

the test machine that i put it on was a w7u x64 - 16GB performance RAM - amd fx4300 ( i think ) quad core cpu - 5 x gigabyte amd 280x oc - 1500W antec psu bronze ...

using wolfs bins - not an issue at all ...

using the russian miner / bins - even with the quark miner also - continual dropouts and reconnects with hashrates fluctuating wildly ( probably due to the disconnects ) ...

so after a days worth of testing - i dropped it altogether and put the linux machine back ( and added the 6th card to machine - which linux accepts without a problem - windows didnt ) and all the mining was running smooth again ...

i dunno what it is with windows - but it seems just too much work to get it running as a miner ... especially in a farm ...

im glad yours is all good though ...

#crysx

I recently created a windows testmachine, this also to be able to see the difference between ETH on windows and on linux..

I was able to let them run smooth without losing hashrate or connections with those kachur bins.

What i did, i just changed the intensity from XI 512/1024 to I 19/20, problem solved Smiley

Greetings!
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Anybody manage to get a more stable version of that X11 Kachur bin? I've hoped that newer bins might come out which are more stable...

when i setup a test machine - it continually gave messages that it was reconnecting to the site ( no matter what site that was ) and the hashrate fluctuated consistently ...

wolfs bins are slightly lower in hashrate ( only slightly ) but have never done such things ... they just run - even in linux ... hence why i wont go windows ...

so maybe your standard of 'stable' is very different from mine? ... disconnections from sites ( for whatever reason ) is a bad thing ... and after testing those SAME sites with wolfs bins - no disconnections and reconnections - unlike the kachur bins ...

so what are these russian bins 'really' doing? ... are they disconnecting from the site you are mining to mine elsewhere - then reconnecting to the site you are mining? ...

i would rather lose a small amount of hash to have them 'actually' stable - and continue to use wolfs bins ...

#crysx

i do not have any issues with kachur for now, will stick with it since gives little better results than wolf's

brgds

the test that i did with windows 7 and all the latest drivers was unstable in almost every way ...

#crysx

(X11 algo)

the test machine that i put it on was a w7u x64 - 16GB performance RAM - amd fx4300 ( i think ) quad core cpu - 5 x gigabyte amd 280x oc - 1500W antec psu bronze ...

using wolfs bins - not an issue at all ...

using the russian miner / bins - even with the quark miner also - continual dropouts and reconnects with hashrates fluctuating wildly ( probably due to the disconnects ) ...

so after a days worth of testing - i dropped it altogether and put the linux machine back ( and added the 6th card to machine - which linux accepts without a problem - windows didnt ) and all the mining was running smooth again ...

i dunno what it is with windows - but it seems just too much work to get it running as a miner ... especially in a farm ...

im glad yours is all good though ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

#crysx

brgds

#crysx

(X11 algo)
legendary

#crysx

brgds

#crysx
legendary

#crysx

brgds
legendary
I've tried to mine Etereum but i get an erorr "Allocating/mapping single buffer failed with: clCreateBuffer<-61>.GPU can't a;;pcate the DAG in a single chunk.Bailing." any ideea why or how can i fix it

Make sure your card have more than 2GB memory, use the max alloc command to be 95, use a new (recent) catalyst driver.

are there any step by step instructions on how to mine eth with both sgminer and ccminer with the best parameters? ...

#crysx
Activity: 406

legendary

#crysx
legendary

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
guys hello can you post the exact hashrate of the cryptonight with first and second generation R series cards with this miner ? it will be very helpfull.
have a nice day
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Ok i've ibstalled win7 all 7 cards working with 14.4 but on quark for example instead of 9.5Mhs/card now i get 100 K any ideea why?
Thx in advance
you need to install the latest amd driver 15.7
I've installed 15.7 but windows see just 4 card the rest of 3 with code 43 erorr

User driver sweeper to clean and then reinstall the driver.

if it doesn't work you can modify the registry

-   Start Menu
-   Under Search type: Regedit (Press Enter)
-   Navigate to the following directory:
o   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
-   You will see directories labeled “0000”, “0001” and so on that are relative to the total amount of cards.
-   Under each of those Keys (eg. 0000) create the following two Dword values, once created set their value to 1
o   DisplayLessPolicy
o   LimitVideoPresentSources
-   You can create the Dword by right clicking on the key and NEW  DWORD

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/738070/cuda-setup-and-installation/8x-gpu-gtx-issue-under-windows/post/4208565/#4208565
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Ok i've ibstalled win7 all 7 cards working with 14.4 but on quark for example instead of 9.5Mhs/card now i get 100 K any ideea why?
Thx in advance

I've installed 15.7 but windows see just 4 card the rest of 3 with code 43 erorr
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Thx in advance

legendary
HI guys need help has someone tried to mine with 7x 7950 HD Ethereum on windows 10?
there is a possibility to downgrade to whatever was your OS before win10 during the first month... I suggest you push that button it takes about 5min to get back your previous OS

I have to second that opinion.  Win 10 is a definite no-go.  Forced updates (regardless of stability), no privacy, and they steal your bandwidth.  Seriously, I would avoid this disaster like the plague.

disaster? ... you mean windows in general Wink ...

admittedly though - windows 7 seemed to be the most stable ( mining wise ) of the lot of windows OSs ... but even then - it has nothing on linux based miners as far as stability and protection on 'spy' tactics are concerned ...

so the suggestion to downgrade is valid - but if there is any chance at all to do it ... go linux ...

all the miners on fedora 19 and 20 x64 ( depending on whether they are nvidia or amd miners - .rpm based ) which can be a pain at times ... but it seems a great many miners are also on ubuntu ( .deb based ) or similar ...

in anycase - go with what is more reliable to YOU ... downgrading from windows 10 seems to be the better way ...

#crysx

Ok thx for the advices does anyone have moded drivers for win 7 so all 7 cards can work togheter 10x

click the link in this users signature ... he has successfully run many devices under windows ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12147167 ...

i was surprised that not only many devices were running - but that both nvidia and amd devices were running at the same time in windows ...

this is where it points you to ... just to make it easy ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228 ...

read up - and let us know Smiley ...

#crysx

Thx in advance

it actually shouldnt be that low - but that would normally be from the miner ...

there are a lot of private miners goign around that will be optimized to produce those sorts of hashrates ...

im unfamiliar with where to get those from ( for windows ) as i stopped chasing them when i found that they dont really exists for linux ...

someone ( actually much more ) have these miners and may be willing to share - or sell ... the russian ones are unstable - but can produce 13MH as far as i know on a 32bit sgminer and the russian bins ... wolfs bins are much more stable and you will have to pm him for the cost of his miner ...

i am not sure who else has the optimized miners for amd for quark ...

pallas has them ( and makes them public for donations ) in his own thread for lyra2re and groestl algos ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anngrsdmddgb-pallas-optimized-groestl-opencl-kernels-779598 ) - while djm34 does his one for lyra2rev2 and a few others ... where wolf has released his optimized bins for x11 - and can be used with this current miner ...

if you are using the sgminer-dev miner - it will only do what it is designed to do ( and coded with the algos it supports ) ... but if you want optimized miners - you have to go to the respective threads / devs to get them - or do a little bit of fiddling with the bins / miners to get a huge hashrate increase ...

there are others here that have done just that - i dont use ( nor want to ) windows for any mining ... and im happy doing just that no matter how much smaller ( or non-existent ) the hashrate may be for linux ...

anyone else can help you with windows optimizations - you only need to ask Smiley ... the community here is pretty awesome ...

#crysx
HI guys need help has someone tried to mine with 7x 7950 HD Ethereum on windows 10?
there is a possibility to downgrade to whatever was your OS before win10 during the first month... I suggest you push that button it takes about 5min to get back your previous OS

I have to second that opinion.  Win 10 is a definite no-go.  Forced updates (regardless of stability), no privacy, and they steal your bandwidth.  Seriously, I would avoid this disaster like the plague.

admittedly though - windows 7 seemed to be the most stable ( mining wise ) of the lot of windows OSs ... but even then - it has nothing on linux based miners as far as stability and protection on 'spy' tactics are concerned ...

so the suggestion to downgrade is valid - but if there is any chance at all to do it ... go linux ...

all the miners on fedora 19 and 20 x64 ( depending on whether they are nvidia or amd miners - .rpm based ) which can be a pain at times ... but it seems a great many miners are also on ubuntu ( .deb based ) or similar ...

in anycase - go with what is more reliable to YOU ... downgrading from windows 10 seems to be the better way ...

#crysx

Ok thx for the advices does anyone have moded drivers for win 7 so all 7 cards can work togheter 10x

click the link in this users signature ... he has successfully run many devices under windows ...

i was surprised that not only many devices were running - but that both nvidia and amd devices were running at the same time in windows ...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228 ...

#crysx

Thx in advance
legendary

#crysx

#crysx

I have to second that opinion.  Win 10 is a definite no-go.  Forced updates (regardless of stability), no privacy, and they steal your bandwidth.  Seriously, I would avoid this disaster like the plague.

#crysx

Pages:
Jump to: