Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 163. (Read 1382198 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
December 03, 2017, 07:43:49 AM
Sia started reversal... downtrend changed for uptrend. Buy till it cheap.

Why do you think, all ALTs went up, but if it's a real reversal for SIA, not really sure.
Activity: 161
December 03, 2017, 07:27:05 AM
Sia started reversal... downtrend changed for uptrend. Buy till it cheap.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 11
December 03, 2017, 07:25:15 AM
The Sia of the future project which I am sure has a good prospect,I believe later the Sia will be the cooperation with large companies that require storage because the Sia has required storage of large companies,I think the investment in the project SIA is very nice,will be a lot of investors who are interested in this project.. this project will be a success and I'm sure the target will be achieved, the project is very efficient and effective..
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
December 03, 2017, 07:08:55 AM
Nice movement on SIA during the past few days in anticipation of the coming hard fork.. will it break 100 sats? Hope so but many are waiting to sell off.
December 03, 2017, 07:05:10 AM
SIA is about to lift off, volume increased in 2 hours significantly

Nah won’t happen.
Been waiting for it to lift off since the moon period. The only way it go is downnnn

That's what I see, too. Problem is that there is no significant and sustainable good development in SIA, so what should drive the price up :-/
Activity: 290
December 03, 2017, 07:03:35 AM

Nah won’t happen.
Been waiting for it to lift off since the moon period. The only way it go is downnnn
December 03, 2017, 06:11:55 AM
I just bought in a couple days ago, project looks awesome, really great idea. My coins are still currently in exchange (cryptopia). Do I need to do anything for upcoming hardfork?

If Cryptopia has their wallets with the software updated to the last release, all should be good. The version 1.3.0 that is compatible with the fork was released 6 months ago.

However, keeping your coins at an exchange is a terrible idea in general. Exchanges can crash, can be hacked, can run away with the money, and in all those scenarios you'll lose your coins. Just remember how many exchanges have crashed in the past, even the huge ones. Just remember what happened with MtGox, that back in time was the biggest exchange.

I honestly recommend you to keep all your coins in wallets that you control, not only Sia

i bought at 300 satoshi..am i going to be ok? :\ thanks is now safer time to buy?<<<

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

you will ok.. you should buy more now . its rock bottom. will moon soon

Why should it moon? Seems not really mooning for the upcoming fork. Also as I understand the fork is not a real big thing so wondering why the price should increase much. But let me know your thoughts.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 06:01:34 AM
The SIA tech is the future of storage, i think...i believe someday SIA will partnership with netflix, airbnb, developer, alibaba...and other company who need storage...SIA is so efficient...
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 05:57:23 AM
What's the easiest/simplest wallet to use?
Activity: 66
December 03, 2017, 04:39:15 AM
 - Whats the best way to keep some of your SIA offline, as there is no hardware wallet available ?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 06:07:57 PM
If the data which is being stored is decentralized, wouldn't it technically make my data more vulnerable?

Just the opposite. If your data is centralized, you can lose your data in any of these scenarios:

- A government or the storage company reads your files and shut downs your access to the data beacause of some policy (hello, Google Docs)
- The storage company changes the pricing terms on the fly asking you to pay more to keep accessing it (hello, Crahsplan), or simply shuts down due to bankruptcy
- A technical failure in the bridge or connection to the storage company
- A hacker access the storage company and destroys your data

In a de-centralized network like Sia this is impossible:
- Each particular host can't read your files, as it has access to incomplete fragments of it, and even if several of them were compromised, your data is encrypted
- A large number of hosts can go offline and you'll still have access to the data. Each file is distributed among 30 host, and you only need 10 of them to download the file. Hosts are spread worldwide

^^This comment make me register, well explained sir.

I must add that the de-centralization of the data is the future because it's clearly proven that on almost a daily basis that centralized data is at risk; data leaks, Mother Nature damage or even a terrorist attack (EMP sort of) on major datacenters

Storing encrypted parts of data on multiple node is absolutely brillant; the data cannot go down, be destroyed or vanish.

I have been interested into and started mining back in september.

-Edit :
hi guys...does anyone know how much hash would i get for minin Sia with rx 470 8gb? tried to find with uncle Google...no success...

I am currently doing 509.6 mh/s with a RX 470!

-Beaver from Canada
Activity: 219
Merit: 15
December 02, 2017, 02:45:59 PM
I just bought in a couple days ago, project looks awesome, really great idea. My coins are still currently in exchange (cryptopia). Do I need to do anything for upcoming hardfork?

If Cryptopia has their wallets with the software updated to the last release, all should be good. The version 1.3.0 that is compatible with the fork was released 6 months ago.

However, keeping your coins at an exchange is a terrible idea in general. Exchanges can crash, can be hacked, can run away with the money, and in all those scenarios you'll lose your coins. Just remember how many exchanges have crashed in the past, even the huge ones. Just remember what happened with MtGox, that back in time was the biggest exchange.

I honestly recommend you to keep all your coins in wallets that you control, not only Sia

yeah, good advice to keep all in controllable wallets but there is also a need to trade
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
December 02, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
If the data which is being stored is decentralized, wouldn't it technically make my data more vulnerable?

Just the opposite. If your data is centralized, you can lose your data in any of these scenarios:

- A government or the storage company reads your files and shut downs your access to the data beacause of some policy (hello, Google Docs)
- The storage company changes the pricing terms on the fly asking you to pay more to keep accessing it (hello, Crahsplan), or simply shuts down due to bankruptcy
- A technical failure in the bridge or connection to the storage company
- A hacker access the storage company and destroys your data

In a de-centralized network like Sia this is impossible:
- Each particular host can't read your files, as it has access to incomplete fragments of it, and even if several of them were compromised, your data is encrypted
- A large number of hosts can go offline and you'll still have access to the data. Each file is distributed among 30 host, and you only need 10 of them to download the file. Hosts are spread worldwide
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 02:08:18 PM
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
December 02, 2017, 01:38:07 PM

i hear it actually works im going to download the software i guess microsoft wants to use this coin :\ hmmmm testing 100 satoshi today<<<
Activity: 112
December 02, 2017, 01:37:26 PM
Sure, they may miss the embezzlement of their client's data, which is pretty disgusting Sad
Activity: 140
December 02, 2017, 01:34:49 PM
December 02, 2017, 01:30:39 PM

i bought at 300 satoshi..am i going to be ok? :\ thanks is now safer time to buy?<<<

ok ya i heared they have some new asic for siacoin is this true? :\  i grabbed a small here at 61<<
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
Crypterium - Digital Mobile Cryptobank For Everyon
December 02, 2017, 01:19:50 PM

December 02, 2017, 12:45:06 PM

Jump to: