Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 256. (Read 1382194 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 111
June 06, 2017, 05:26:01 AM
is there any online chart that you can see the current available HDD space on the sia network?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 06, 2017, 05:14:02 AM
Have been looking at Sia last couple of days and looks very interesting.

Where can we buy if we want to invest? I see no easy way to buy?

I just bought on poloniex 2 days back. But cant withdraw because poloniex have some issues which they have temporailiy halted withdrawal for many coins like Sia, BCN, etc.
So my money is in Poloniex till now

I badly wish I had more money to invest. So far very little. I hope the price stays same till 15th June when I get paid from my job, Im going to put a little to Sia.

@boopy : The potential is huge indeed, because I studied the whole Sia project before investing, and for those who understand the scope is unlimited.
Sia is not trying to replace Dropbox or iCloud, but wants to work together with Dropbox, Apple, Amazon and help these big companies leverage the true power of blockchain.

Many are just looking into Sia for a few moments and come to the conclusion that Sia is just trying to compete with Amazon or Dropbox, but that is not the case.
Sia plan is much bigger in scale, it plans to be the storage for amazon, apple, dropbox etc.
How does all these big companies store data today? They buy large buildings and turn them into storage warehouses, hire employees, several thousand TB of hard disks, computers, electricity, security etc. Thousands and thousands of dollars spent to store their data.

Sia vision is to help THESE COMPANIES cut down on this costs and move towards decentralized cloud storage for a fraction of the cost.

Even though they have GUI for everyone to explore, the real power is from using the Sia API.
Many are already using the API from the response I read in slack. 

Suggest anyone interested to please read the right forums to get the complete information, I suggest anyone who is thinking of investing to join the original forums, that is where I got all the information and bigger picture directly from the developers.. who are active a lot there than over here or reddit 
the links are:
https://slackin.sia.tech/
https://forum.sia.tech/

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
June 06, 2017, 04:50:36 AM
Have been looking at Sia last couple of days and looks very interesting.

Where can we buy if we want to invest? I see no easy way to buy?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
June 06, 2017, 04:43:54 AM
Potential to make partnerships in outer world is huge because Sia is offering more cheaper but very effective way of storage. It is far more cheaper than already existed and established same kind of services provider. Couple of days my thought about this coin were I missed this train to get on because it could shoot up but it is again like opportunity for many people.
Activity: 224
June 06, 2017, 04:38:42 AM
I out of curiosity got into this thread because I read an article mentioning Siacoin's union with some big company, is that true? Also, apparently what you just wrote is good news! Am I lost something? Is this project getting ready to take off? Shocked

Many companies have already started exploring how Sia can be helpful.  Quite a few are working with Sia to implement it. 

Some of them are already using Sia.

Check this out:
https://nextcloud.com/blog/introducing-cloud-storage-in-the-blockchain-with-sia-and-nextcloud/

Next cloud is an open source provider of storage solutions, like Drop Box but Opensource and free.

Sia is already gaining huge momentum, some leading fintech advisors ( eg: Brian Evans - Forbes writer) are talking about 4 coins at the moment with maximum potential - BTC, ETH, XRP and Sia.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
June 06, 2017, 03:50:43 AM
I out of curiosity got into this thread because I read an article mentioning Siacoin's union with some big company, is that true? Also, apparently what you just wrote is good news! Am I lost something? Is this project getting ready to take off? Shocked

Not about "taking off", Sia has always been a long term hold for me. Still a good price to get into and put aside $100 which could 5-10x in the coming months.

I read an article mentioning Siacoin's union with some big company

It has neither been verified or proven false..
However people may know about the type of interactions that Harvard and MIT grads have. Most of the Harvard alumni are key players in the business field and MIT in the tech field. They meet and interact with CEO's of Fortune 100 companies on a weekly basis.

The exposure the Sia development team gets is very elite, and is the perfect environment for incubating this idea and getting top companies to try this technology out. 
This is also the reason why they have repeatedly said that they do not want to "market" the product with advertisements, bitcointalk campaigns etc. because their work and results speak for themselves, much more than any advertisement ever will.
For this reason you wont find any Sia banners and campaigns

Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
June 06, 2017, 03:35:21 AM
June 06, 2017, 03:21:07 AM
Update from devs is that they have already send the fix to the exchanges. Should be back working soon.

I believe the Sia team have been extremely busy this week, with Minebox's launch scheduled and also new updates coming in soon.

Also, they welcome a new addition to the Sia team, they have brought on the president of the MIT Bitcoin club, close friends of the development team.
Lead developer Zach is already the president of the Harvard Bitcoin Club. Top creds all around.

Activity: 351
Merit: 250
June 06, 2017, 02:05:22 AM
SIA wallets still not working on every exchange.
WTF? When they fix the problem?
Activity: 350
CrowdWiz
June 05, 2017, 10:02:51 PM
A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error log: Loading...
(0/6) Loading siad...
(1/6) Loading gateway...
(2/6) Loading consensus...
(3/6) Loading transaction pool...
Exception 0xc0000006 0x0 0x3111008 0x726920
PC=0x726920

thats all i get when trying to load the wallet :/
yes its same problem like me. and sync is very very slow
can you find a solution please?
Activity: 430
June 05, 2017, 09:52:59 PM
A critical error loading Sia has occured: Siad unexpectedly exited. Error log: Loading...
(0/6) Loading siad...
(1/6) Loading gateway...
(2/6) Loading consensus...
(3/6) Loading transaction pool...
Exception 0xc0000006 0x0 0x3111008 0x726920
PC=0x726920

thats all i get when trying to load the wallet :/
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
June 05, 2017, 06:30:26 PM
Bittrex and Polo really need a fix fast or this coin is going to tank. I doubt the blame can be put on the exchanges, somethings really wrong here.

They are on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6er35v/what_we_are_doing_about_poloniex_withdrawals/

Activity: 260
Merit: 102
June 05, 2017, 04:56:28 PM
Bittrex and Polo really need a fix fast or this coin is going to tank. I doubt the blame can be put on the exchanges, somethings really wrong here.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Journey to the future begins today!
June 05, 2017, 04:09:13 PM
There is no Poloniex issue news?
Activity: 476
June 05, 2017, 01:43:27 PM
I noticed that sometimes during the big pumps, wallet on polo doesn't work for the coins that is growing, so miners\holders cannot deposit and sell their coins.

Is there anyone who is aware of situation with polo SIA wallet? why it doesn't work?

I've also observed this. But this is more common with SIA. Initially, I thought the reason behind this was Polo, but after reading Reddit posts by SIA developers, I understood that it is due to their programming. Possibly, their integration fails when a large volume in place at Polo. Hopefully, it will be corrected so we can sell our coins to get profit.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
June 05, 2017, 12:50:35 PM
I don't get what is with the market for last few days because volume isn't moving in any direction nor the value of the coins with small changes. It seems that whales want to keep it like this for another some period to shake the remaining holders out before take it to the sky. Charts and suggestions are telling it should be at above 1000 satoshi by now.
Activity: 145
June 05, 2017, 12:38:23 PM
Announcement!

Siacoin added on list Coin Price ticker.

Go to google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wiskunde.nl.coinpriceticker&hl=nl to download Coin price ticker(CPT).

For a preview see link: https://twitter.com/WISKUNDESTUDENT/status/871766209330655233

Sincerely,

Wiskunde
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
June 05, 2017, 10:13:15 AM
maybe poloniex is having  $$ problems freezing wallets for other reason
It is better for the sia wallet to be disabled until they fix all issues. Because when it is enabled coins get stuck in a transaction pool, and for bittrex the same
June 05, 2017, 09:24:45 AM
maybe poloniex is having  $$ problems freezing wallets for other reason

A supposedly big exchange like Polo freezing my XMR from w/d is unacceptable. I wont be using Polonies after this.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
June 05, 2017, 09:09:57 AM
Jump to: