Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 252. (Read 1382194 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
June 11, 2017, 02:08:52 PM
waiting for hours, does this thing work eventually ?

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
June 11, 2017, 11:48:03 AM
Everyone is basing on Polo (and for good reason), but all the exchanges are under extreme pressure right now. HitBTC went down to a DDOS for hours yesterday. I agree customer service should be higher, sometimes people just want to reassured over and over that someone's on it.
Activity: 422
Merit: 270
June 11, 2017, 11:15:00 AM
http://sia.tech/apps/ is that not an IOS wallet.

That's a macOS for what I see, not a iOS version.

The reason you don't see the withdrawal is because Poloniex is still solving their issues (see bellow)

still missing my 300k sia coins.

I dont see anything solved. What pisses me off that the withdraw was open, although they knew they had huge problems with it. And therefore I withdrawed and now they are also missing.

But I read they will do a backlog or so until next tuesday.

Wallet is not solved. It says Complete, but on https://explore.sia.tech i see only Hash not Found in Database.

To hell with such coin.

The explanation of what happens have been explained a few pages ago, so I would encourage you to always read the last pages of a thread before posting. Let's make a recap:

The price of Sia has surged x30 in the last 2 months, and so the number of users. No one was expecting that, not even the devs, so a problem with the mempool of the clients appeared. With such a big traffic and full blocks, some Tx were being dropped form the mempool to make room to new Tx. So the problem was that Polo, Bittrex an Shapeshift were pushing transactions with their TxID, but their were being dropped in their way to the miners, that have to include them in blocks. That's why it is shown as "complete" but they don't appear either at the explorer or your wallets

Sia dev team started to work with exchanges 2 weeks ago, and they finally provided them tools to handle the situation, so they could re-broadcast those Tx if dropped. Bittrex is using them admirably and they have no issues currently, not so Poloniex. Here comes the usual problems of Polo, as they have grown x10 in the last month but not their human resources to handle tickets. So they are pushing Tx of both the old clog in the network of 3 weeks ago, and also the newly generated Txs, but while some reach blocks, not so others, and they have to re-broadcast them again. And that is something they are doing slowly. Good news are that some people is gradually reporting success in old withdrawals and new, so that means that they are clearing the backlog little by little.

In top of that, Sia dev team is releasing next week a hotfix patch for all the clients to solve the handling of the mempool, so once all the users update, the issues should be gone even if Poloniex does not show to do their job properly.

So overall: No Sia coins have been "lost", they just have  to be pushed again by Poloniex, something that is happening right now. And while the original blame could be on dev team, right now it has been for two weeks on Poloniex for not using the provided tools
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
June 11, 2017, 10:50:43 AM
Wallet is not solved. It says Complete, but on https://explore.sia.tech i see only Hash not Found in Database.

To hell with such coin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 11, 2017, 09:21:08 AM
Polo wallet issue solved.

still missing my 300k sia coins.

I dont see anything solved. What pisses me off that the withdraw was open, although they knew they had huge problems with it. And therefore I withdrawed and now they are also missing.

But I read they will do a backlog or so until next tuesday.

Activity: 7
June 11, 2017, 09:06:08 AM
Hi guys, it took almost a week but got my sia wallet synced. I transfered 1 SC to it to test and it says it went through. It shows a completed transaction in the wallet history but my wallet status still has 0 confirmed 0 unconfirmed balance. Do you know why? Do not want to send the rest of my coin until I know why.

Thanks

Which wallet are you using, third party. There was some talk a few pages back about issues.

Hi thanks for the reply. I am using the IOS Wallet for the siacoin website. I had scrolled back a few pages before posting I did not see anything.

Can you please let me know which wallet is this? There is no iOS wallet to the best of my knowledge.

Remember: ZERO THIRD PARTY WALLETS EXIST FOR NOW.
Use only official Sia wallets from sia.tech

http://sia.tech/apps/ is that not an IOS wallet.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
June 11, 2017, 02:39:37 AM
Hi guys, it took almost a week but got my sia wallet synced. I transfered 1 SC to it to test and it says it went through. It shows a completed transaction in the wallet history but my wallet status still has 0 confirmed 0 unconfirmed balance. Do you know why? Do not want to send the rest of my coin until I know why.

Thanks

Which wallet are you using, third party. There was some talk a few pages back about issues.

Hi thanks for the reply. I am using the IOS Wallet for the siacoin website. I had scrolled back a few pages before posting I did not see anything.

Can you please let me know which wallet is this? There is no iOS wallet to the best of my knowledge.

Remember: ZERO THIRD PARTY WALLETS EXIST FOR NOW.
Use only official Sia wallets from sia.tech
June 11, 2017, 02:36:34 AM
New third party "paper wallet" announcement:

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/6gih3o/introducing_mysiacoincom_unofficial_cold_storage/

https://mysiacoin.com

OpenSource and available on GitHub as well: https://github.com/roccstar/mysiacoin

This is to only store Sia coins in a paper wallet. To make a transaction, you would have to import the private key/seed into the official Sia UI wallet.

Since Sia coin is much different from most coins (SC stores data headers + money, while many other coins only store money) 
No other third part wallets exists for now, as the developers are maintaining full control over the development.
So be very careful when using other unofficial wallets claiming to be Sia Wallets.

Once the developers release the lightwallet support, then there will be other fully functional third party wallets.
Will probably take some time as the developers are now working on the next 2 releases.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
June 10, 2017, 07:23:42 PM
Will be able to use SIA storage as external hard drive?
And if yes when we could expect this possibility ? :-)
Activity: 255
Merit: 260
June 10, 2017, 11:30:33 AM
From Sia slack regarding fake wallets:

As a reminder, all Sia binaries are signed by the developer key, and all git tags are signed by me (lukechampine on GitHub). Instructions for verifying signatures can be found here: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v1.0.1

If you discover a malicious third-party wallet, or an "official" Sia binary hosted on another site that fails signature verification, please alert us and other users.

Yes developers wallet and exchange are working. Not talking about that. Third Party Wallet...

Activity: 350
Merit: 110
June 10, 2017, 11:24:56 AM
Polo wallet issue solved.
June 10, 2017, 11:21:11 AM

Thanks

Activity: 255
Merit: 260
June 10, 2017, 10:53:37 AM

Thanks

June 10, 2017, 10:49:18 AM

Thanks
Activity: 26
June 10, 2017, 10:17:49 AM
Does anyone know if my coins that I transfered like 3 weeks ago from poloniex to my wallet are gone?
They are still not in my wallet and they don't awsner my support ticket for over 3 weeks.
Will they ever get back?

Have you checked your address on SC block explorer?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 10, 2017, 10:14:24 AM
Good jump hope it keeps going

bit 613 polo 575
June 10, 2017, 04:39:42 AM
How many SF do you have?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
June 10, 2017, 03:54:07 AM
Does UI wallet support siafunds yet?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 10, 2017, 12:01:50 AM
question,

does anyone know whats the latest block height right now?

my Graphical wallet is still syncing and its on block height 94401 atm and counting. please let me know. thanks!
Try to add a node or check the network status, hoping can  help you Smiley
Activity: 15
June 09, 2017, 11:43:32 PM
question,

does anyone know whats the latest block height right now?

my Graphical wallet is still syncing and its on block height 94401 atm and counting. please let me know. thanks!
Jump to: