Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 318. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
July 12, 2016, 04:27:10 AM
Is the rise of Sia over? I think this was only a pumped because there was no huge good news after the price went up. Or maybe we still haven't seen the best part yet?

The SIA was mined previously mainly by users, now, it is mined by the professional miners. So there will be dumps.
Activity: 249
July 12, 2016, 02:31:43 AM
It's simple - the new pools have opened sia up to the mine-and-dumpers. The dual eth/sia mining is also encouraging mine-and-dump of sia. So the sell pressure has increased. But the buy side has not increased (in fact it has decreased since the 1.0 release, as expected from the buy-the-rumour-sell-the-news effect). And so the price drops. It's a hard development, for people who have invested in sia over the past month.

The road map of "fixing v1.0 for the next month+" is also not encouraging of new buyers at this time. It's more "sideways momentum" rather than forward momentum. Forward momentum is what will be needed to encourage new buyers and turn the market back up.

There is also talk that the sia difficulty is not balanced enough? needs to change diff more often? Not sure, but that's what they're saying out there.

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2016, 12:32:59 AM
Is the rise of Sia over? I think this was only a pumped because there was no huge good news after the price went up. Or maybe we still haven't seen the best part yet?

Looks to be that way, price has been dropping since the pools release and large amounts have been getting dumped.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
July 11, 2016, 11:36:54 PM
Activity: 1008
July 11, 2016, 11:31:31 PM
God damn it.

These farms keep on dumping coins and tanking the market with all the cheap sia.  Hope that when the diff ramps up the price can go back up, or at least there will be fewer cheap sia coins available (same difference).

Read my previous posts.
Its not mining farms, its simply a new mining software update from Claymores Dualminer.

No, its not merged mining, its 2 different algos at the same time, resulting in mining 2 different coins.
In this case its either ETH & DCR, or ETH & SIA.

It's concurrent mining, in other words.

He explains it quite well in his thread. Im just too lazy to find the post right now..
But ye, its pretty neat and cool.

edit:

Btw, have u guys tried it? You can disable ETH mining or put its intensity so low it wont affect the SIA part.
How does it match up against your current mining software?

I should have been more specific and yes I know about the dual miner, thats the recent hash rate increase.

Today there was a huge dump of Sia coins on the market, take a look at the candle stick.  It comes out to a little more than $90'000 and I chopped that up to a farm mining a ton of sia and then for some reason decided to dump it all at once.  In the past private pools and as well farms would hit Sia HARD when the hash rate would adjust really low, allowing them to grab tons of coins at high profit.  I think with the dual miner that those days will be gone, as people will continue to dual mine sia until it is not worth it for the extra electricity.

I am a bit baffled WHY someone would need to dump so many coins at once, they could have easily sold those over a few days for more money. Well perhaps the fella need to make a down payment a new yellow Lamborghini  Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
July 11, 2016, 06:08:50 PM
God damn it.

These farms keep on dumping coins and tanking the market with all the cheap sia.  Hope that when the diff ramps up the price can go back up, or at least there will be fewer cheap sia coins available (same difference).

Read my previous posts.
Its not mining farms, its simply a new mining software update from Claymores Dualminer.

No, its not merged mining, its 2 different algos at the same time, resulting in mining 2 different coins.

It's concurrent mining, in other words.

He explains it quite well in his thread. Im just too lazy to find the post right now..
But ye, its pretty neat and cool.

edit:

Btw, have u guys tried it? You can disable ETH mining or put its intensity so low it wont affect the SIA part.
How does it match up against your current mining software?
Activity: 742
Merit: 505
July 11, 2016, 04:28:14 PM
God damn it.

These farms keep on dumping coins and tanking the market with all the cheap sia.  Hope that when the diff ramps up the price can go back up, or at least there will be fewer cheap sia coins available (same difference).

Read my previous posts.

legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
July 11, 2016, 02:47:14 PM
someone has the hashrate for a 070 with this coin? should be around 2GH with oc, but i want to be sure

1.6G@1900core with gominer, 1.4G with KlausT

less with klaust which is using cuda how so? seems strange, i see remember 2300 for a 1080 with oc, so a single 1070 should do 1800 with oc

yes i remembered well look https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/wiki/mining

not sure why, maybe because it's not using cuda8, but just cuda 7.5,
it was asking me for cudart64_75.dll library, so i thin it's using only 7.5
Activity: 1008
July 11, 2016, 01:04:43 PM
God damn it.

These farms keep on dumping coins and tanking the market with all the cheap sia.  Hope that when the diff ramps up the price can go back up, or at least there will be fewer cheap sia coins available (same difference).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 11, 2016, 11:27:44 AM
someone has the hashrate for a 070 with this coin? should be around 2GH with oc, but i want to be sure

less with klaust which is using cuda how so? seems strange, i see remember 2300 for a 1080 with oc, so a single 1070 should do 1800 with oc

yes i remembered well look https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/wiki/mining
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ben2016
July 11, 2016, 10:52:40 AM
sorry guys, I'm new here. Is there a Sia Coin wallet ? Thank you all !

Here you go: http://sia.tech/apps

Or get the latest version from Github: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v1.0.1
thank you very much !
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
July 11, 2016, 09:42:00 AM
great pools available, will test one, waited for almost half a year.
Activity: 413
July 11, 2016, 08:11:00 AM

SiaMining.com went live this morning. Features:

Pay-Per-Share - 3% fee - Get paid even with orphaned blocks.
Long Polling support - Minimize those stale shares!
Variable Difficulty - Improves network efficiency and provides more accurate miner statistics.
No Account setup - Simply use your wallet address as the username for easy payouts.
Worker Support - Detailed statistics of each worker.
Quick Payouts - Payments every 6 hours. No waiting on block confirmations!

Thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpoolsia-siaminingcom-3-pps-stratum-varrdiff-long-polling-1545699

is the 3% fee really necessary, what are the fee of the first pool? i thought high fee are there to encourage a good spread of the hash, we have already a good spread

3% fee is not a high fee for PPS. PPLNS does not pay for mining of orphaned blocks... PPS does. PPS pays for every valid share, even if your hash rate changes. PPLNS pays you for an averaged hash rate.
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
July 11, 2016, 08:10:18 AM

Activity: 168
BURSTcoin - Burst-team.us
July 11, 2016, 06:05:17 AM

Here you go: http://sia.tech/apps

Or get the latest version from Github: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-UI/releases/tag/v1.0.1
legendary
July 11, 2016, 05:56:39 AM
Activity: 448
Ben2016
July 11, 2016, 05:39:14 AM

Variable Difficulty - Improves network efficiency and provides more accurate miner statistics.
No Account setup - Simply use your wallet address as the username for easy payouts.

Thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpoolsia-siaminingcom-3-pps-stratum-varrdiff-long-polling-1545699

is the 3% fee really necessary, what are the fee of the first pool? i thought high fee are there to encourage a good spread of the hash, we have already a good spread

The first pool is high also at 2%. This one is PPS at least.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
July 11, 2016, 03:38:53 AM

The first pool is high also at 2%. This one is PPS at least.
legendary
July 11, 2016, 01:50:30 AM

Activity: 413
July 10, 2016, 11:00:58 PM
Linux users can download and compile our poolmod3 branch of gominer:

Code:
$ go get github.com/SiaMining/gominer
$ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/SiaMining/gominer
$ git fetch
$ git checkout poolmod3
$ go build

And use:

./gominer -H siamining.com:9980 -Q "address=YourSiacoinAddress&worker=YourWorkerName"

Have done this for nVidia 970 and only getting 568Mh under Debian 8 x64. What's wrong? - SIA CUDA Miner was giving 1028 when solomining.

Klaust did a sia cuda miner. It's been working well with siamining.com. There is a windows release here: https://github.com/KlausT/Sia-CUDA-Miner/releases/tag/4.00

Edit: Seems the miner isn't submitting as many shares as it should.
Jump to: