Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 330. (Read 1382191 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
June 22, 2016, 08:37:24 AM
Old wallet files can be imported from the CLI using the following command

Code:
siac wallet load 033x [filepath]

Many thanks.

Nice will try this, have also some old wallet.dat.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 22, 2016, 08:09:20 AM
I have only funds on my wallet.dat. It said "handle invalid".

It reads like Sia can't open a file to read or write. You have all permissions right and the path to 0.3.3 wallet correct?

Can the devs tell if there is a need to mkdir '033x' inside 'wallet' for this write to work?

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/blob/master/siac/walletcmd.go#L200
Code:
qs := fmt.Sprintf("source=%s&encryptionpassword=%s", abs(source), password)
err = post("/wallet/033x", qs)
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
June 22, 2016, 07:43:33 AM
WTS siafunds.

bulk available.
price negotiable.
escrow only.
Activity: 321
Merit: 252
June 22, 2016, 07:17:55 AM
I have only funds on my wallet.dat. It said "handle invalid".
June 22, 2016, 04:09:28 AM

Code:

Many thanks.

I tried this but it didn't work in my case.

Did you try this to import siacoins or siafunds? What happened when you tried?
June 22, 2016, 04:01:04 AM

Code:

Many thanks.

I tried this but it didn't work in my case.
June 22, 2016, 03:21:24 AM

Code:

Many thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
June 22, 2016, 12:10:24 AM
Will I be able to spend my siafunds with the GUI of 1.0? And will I be able to import my old wallet.dat or wallet.backup?

I am a participant in the genesis account of siafunds. I hope I haven't lost my siafunds forever. But I am not sure. All I have are old wallet.dat's and wallet.backup files.
can anyone answer this?

I was talking to Taek on Slack about this. He said I have to wait until 1.0 and that he thinks my Siafunds are NOT lost. Let's hope the best Smiley

What is the actual problem here? If you have the wallet.dat, then why is there any threat you may have lost your siafunds?

where are the siafunds stored? I thought they were on the sia blockchain

The problem is that the current client does not support the import of these very old wallet.dats from june 2015. Therefore I am not able to sell my siafunds now, although i wanted to. Let's hope that version 1.0 will support the import of these old wallet.dats.

Ok, you're probably not the only one effected by this, so I'm sure Taek will add an import function for legacy wallets eventually.

Where is the market for siafunds anyway? Is it OTC only?

Not so many people are affected by this as one might expect. Because you can import your siafunds from genesis via the seed you initially generated to claim them. But I didn't keep my seed, because I fully relied on having the wallet.dat and backups of that file. I didn't expect we would get to a point where those wallet.dats no longer work.

I may be affected, got a wallet.dat made in June with 0.3.3 but no seed, I don't remember there was a seed. There are no siafunds, just some mined siacoins, can this be imported in the recent release?

Code:
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2016, 12:04:13 AM
28th of June, confirmed by dev.

RC 1.0 version will release today
Activity: 122
June 21, 2016, 04:12:40 PM
No fixed date i believe as per slack, but they say it'l be out soon. Hopefully its great.
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
June 21, 2016, 02:47:54 PM
When will be version 1.0 ready?
Activity: 348
Merit: 102
June 21, 2016, 02:33:10 PM
What is this message ?

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
June 21, 2016, 02:16:28 PM
Who can say what is this error? Tried to output different amounts, the same error!

http://clip2net.com/s/3zrzu7k
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1169
June 21, 2016, 11:42:21 AM
Does it work now storage platform?
Can I get money for providing my disk space?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
June 21, 2016, 10:54:38 AM
Anyone else having terrible luck mining (compared to difficulty)?

I only got 2 blocks instead of 5.5 since I started mining (KlausT's Sia-CUDA-Miner using -s 1 parameter).
I have about 3.5 gh/x speed (two fury x with gominer, undervolted and underclocked) and didn't find block since the 03/06 (when I have found two in a day): I have stop the miner for short maintenance but I should have find around 2-3 block.
With current difficulty and my hashrate, variance is very high...
I wonder is there could be a problem with my wallet version : I have switch from 5.2 to 6.0 beta ...
I had probably mined some orphans too since gominer has find some block which didn't appears on the wallet around the 10/06.

I use the 0.5.2 GUI wallet but it connects to the 0.6.0 command line wallet because I started to use that first and probably added paths to the OS so the GUI wallet found it.

I think I'll revert to 0.5.2 completely.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
June 21, 2016, 10:14:22 AM

I only got 2 blocks instead of 5.5 since I started mining (KlausT's Sia-CUDA-Miner using -s 1 parameter).
I have about 3.5 gh/x speed (two fury x with gominer, undervolted and underclocked) and didn't find block since the 03/06 (when I have found two in a day): I have stop the miner for short maintenance but I should have find around 2-3 block.
With current difficulty and my hashrate, variance is very high...
I wonder is there could be a problem with my wallet version : I have switch from 5.2 to 6.0 beta ...
I had probably mined some orphans too since gominer has find some block which didn't appears on the wallet around the 10/06.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
June 21, 2016, 10:09:07 AM

June 21, 2016, 08:37:37 AM
Will I be able to spend my siafunds with the GUI of 1.0? And will I be able to import my old wallet.dat or wallet.backup?

I am a participant in the genesis account of siafunds. I hope I haven't lost my siafunds forever. But I am not sure. All I have are old wallet.dat's and wallet.backup files.
can anyone answer this?

I was talking to Taek on Slack about this. He said I have to wait until 1.0 and that he thinks my Siafunds are NOT lost. Let's hope the best Smiley

What is the actual problem here? If you have the wallet.dat, then why is there any threat you may have lost your siafunds?

The problem is that the current client does not support the import of these very old wallet.dats from june 2015. Therefore I am not able to sell my siafunds now, although i wanted to. Let's hope that version 1.0 will support the import of these old wallet.dats.

Ok, you're probably not the only one effected by this, so I'm sure Taek will add an import function for legacy wallets eventually.

Not so many people are affected by this as one might expect. Because you can import your siafunds from genesis via the seed you initially generated to claim them. But I didn't keep my seed, because I fully relied on having the wallet.dat and backups of that file. I didn't expect we would get to a point where those wallet.dats no longer work.

I may be affected, got a wallet.dat made in June with 0.3.3 but no seed, I don't remember there was a seed. There are no siafunds, just some mined siacoins, can this be imported in the recent release?
June 21, 2016, 06:25:54 AM

can anyone answer this?

Activity: 140
June 21, 2016, 03:20:55 AM

can anyone answer this?

Yes. OTC.
Jump to: