Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 237. (Read 332099 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Indeed..the shock & awe has been very effective Smiley
Soon we will be on mintpal..woo hooo!!
Lets reach there before the next POW ends.
I feel like its building up...the rocket is bring filled with fuel and the jets about to start!  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Been voting on mintpal a couple times a day, i see that we are almost at the 29th position, crazy how many votes we are getting per day.
After launching Operation Shock & Awe, we've received over 4250 votes in less than a week Smiley
Great Job everybody! I love this community !
We've got some major announcements coming soon  Wink. Stay tuned
How Soon Grin??
Well we want to keep it under wraps until then, but they will be announced during the coming week Wink

Everyone when you have a chance, take a look at our new introductory video into SilkCoin

Introducing Operation Shock & Awe

What is Operation Shock & Awe?

Operation Shock & Awe is the internal name for a social initiative spearheaded through a series of giveaways from various outlets. The aim of operation shock and awe is to do a blitz of SilkCoin and get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin, download our wallet, learn about our features and in the process get listed on further exchanges.

How will Operation Shock & Awe work?

Operation Shock & Awe is a 2-part initiative.

Part 1, which is currently underway and will continue all the way through to the 2nd PoW phase, will be used to spread the word around about SilkCoin and in turn get listed on MintPal. This will provide us some stability and foundation going through to the 2nd PoW phase.

Part 2, which will collerate with the start of the 2nd Pow phase, will be a full on social media blitz to get as many people as possible to hear about SilkCoin. We already have some big crypto names in social media lined up ready for part 2. The names of these social media accounts will be anounced at the start of part 2.

Who are the current participants on Part 1?

All Crypto All Day
CryptoSandwich

Between the 2 above Twitter accounts, they have a following of over 36 000 people. SilkCoin will be tweeted about daily to each of these 36 000 followers.

CryptoSandwich is in charge of our MintPal voting campaign that can be found here : http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0

Each voter will receive 15 SC per vote. There are additional prizes which include a 15 000 SC grand prize to the person who votes the most along with 2 500 SC prizes each for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place voters

What can I do to help?

1. Vote for us on MintPal and post here : http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=541.0 to claim your 15 SC rewards
2. Retweet this : https://twitter.com/CryptoSandwich/status/470789069430333443 with the handle #silkcoin
3. Retweet all #silkcoin tweets from All Crypto All Day
4. Tweet what you like most about Silkcoin with the handle #silkcoin

*This is the first of many announcements to come.

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
We've got some major announcements coming soon  Wink. Stay tuned
How Soon Grin??
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
XC supporter dropping in.
You guys at SC have something good here Smiley I love the wallet and the future capabilities of this coin.
The following months will be interesting for both our coins. Keep up the good work!
We've got some major announcements coming soon  Wink. Stay tuned
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 14
In other news... 

What the devil would make my SC interest payment go into a status of "conflicted, Generated but not accepted, mined?"  The details being "Generated coins must mature 510 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

Why would interest be subject to loss by mining standards?

I'll change this message for next release so it's more clear and 510 is not right it's 360, it's like in POW blocks you may find conflicted blocks if someone validates the same block as you at the same time only one is accepted. Here in POS if it's not accepted your coins will be returned as usual 360 blocks later you won't get interest, and your coin age will not be consumed so you can stake again right away.
new wallet is looking really awesome.Thanks to dev for creating such a great coin
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
In upcoming updates, does the wallet have paper backup capability.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
In other news... 

What the devil would make my SC interest payment go into a status of "conflicted, Generated but not accepted, mined?"  The details being "Generated coins must mature 510 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

I'll change this message for next release so it's more clear and 510 is not right it's 360, it's like in POW blocks you may find conflicted blocks if someone validates the same block as you at the same time only one is accepted. Here in POS if it's not accepted your coins will be returned as usual 360 blocks later you won't get interest, and your coin age will not be consumed so you can stake again right away.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
This might be a good time to check the status of the Judge Crypto Faucet! Smiley

http://mysilkcoin.com/index.php?/topic/16-the-judge-crypto-faucet/

Judge Crypto
In other news...  

What the devil would make my SC interest payment go into a status of "conflicted, Generated but not accepted, mined?"  The details being "Generated coins must mature 510 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

My guess would be that when you stake a block it is sort of a race condition.  It gets applied to the chain, but if someone else staked the same block a few seconds earlier you would lose the stake.  In that case your coin age would be reset so you really don't lose anything and it will try to restake again. A similar thing happens in mining when you get mine a block that is solved before your work is accepted.

The devs can confirm or correct this.

Judge Crypto
Activity: 47
In other news...  

What the devil would make my SC interest payment go into a status of "conflicted, Generated but not accepted, mined?"  The details being "Generated coins must mature 510 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours."

what do you guys think silk will settle at? im thinking .0001

It's going to settle at... um... 2BTC!  Believe that!  Promote it!  Cryptocurrency is, after all, about belief.   If those of us that HAVE SC refuse to sell it for less, guess what?  One of two things happens 1) Everybody ignores us  2) SC becomes worth 2BTC.

To prevent option 1, promote, promote, promote.  It's about marketing baby!

This team never ceases to amaze me.  This is not one dev.  This is a team of devs and marketing people behind the scenes.  They are not just a copy paste, but adding features and innovation.  This is the beginning. 

Watch out Bitcoin! Smiley  Getting in now is like getting in on BTC years ago!

Judge Crypto
Activity: 47

It's going to settle at... um... 2BTC!  Believe that!  Promote it!  Cryptocurrency is, after all, about belief.   If those of us that HAVE SC refuse to sell it for less, guess what?  One of two things happens 1) Everybody ignores us  2) SC becomes worth 2BTC.

To prevent option 1, promote, promote, promote.  It's about marketing baby!
Activity: 728
How long does it take for the wallet to sync?
Activity: 178
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
The video looks amazing, good job guys!
Judge
you do good work.
give a lot of your time for that currency. well
I can not see you much because of the time difference countries.
Why not install a bot on IRC?

thank you for that clarification  Wink

Thank you for the support Smiley I really appreciate it.  For me the fun is personally giving the Silk away.  Even if I could have a bot...it wouldnt feel the same...

I may do some more "faucet" work...i may just advertise on the trollbox of cryptsy and polo.  cant do it here.
hey judgecrypto,

chat faucet was not only a faucet, but very fun and addictiv Smiley

let us now if you plan something else

keep up the good work Cheesy

For those of you that miss the Faucet (and more) use this forum link as the discussion point... If there is enough interest and activity on the thread I will hold more events! Smiley

http://mysilkcoin.com/index.php?/topic/16-the-judge-crypto-faucet/

When I am in the chatroom operating my faucet I will post on http://mysilkcoin.com/index.php?/topic/16-the-judge-crypto-faucet/

Like now Smiley
Jump to: